Interactive Flight Simulator for android ???
8141 21 2015-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Hello People : Is the Interactive Flight Simulator for android in the works ???  Thanks and enjoy the forum ..

2015-5-1
Use props
zt6kxt41
lvl.2

United States

I am wondering the same thing .....also when will I be able to use my Samsung Note 4
2015-5-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not at this time.  
2015-5-1
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

thanks for your reply - maybe in the future ?    I really like the forum ..
2015-5-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Total Posted at 2015-5-2 23:26
thanks for your reply - maybe in the future ?    I really like the forum ..

Thank you.  I don't know.  I works on the iOS without an issue.  It has not been a part of the Android since the beginning.  I am not sure if it is a limitation in the Android or something that the programers have not gotten around to.  
2015-5-2
Use props
cziakas
lvl.3

United States

Why not?  I know that is a simple question to what may be a complex answer. However, the DJI site doesn't say the flight simulator is only for IOS.  Is it that difficult to port over to Android?

At the very least DJI should update their site, advertisements and documentation to clearly state "Flight Simulator only available on IOS 8+"
2015-5-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am sure they will get around to it.  They just have not done so yet.
2015-5-7
Use props
Bluecoraldiver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27156 ft
New Zealand

Hey DJI - Guess what??? More people in this world use Android than iOS. That is a fact. So hurry up and create the Flight Sim for the MAJORITY !!!!

ALWAYS put ANDROID first !!!
2015-5-8
Use props
spencerpearse
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Make it so.  Yes please.
2015-5-8
Use props
PaulOTron
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-7 22:18
I am sure they will get around to it.  They just have not done so yet.

Okay, let's be clear: Contrary to common belief, programmers do what their bosses tell them to do because they want to keep their jobs.  Any time during which a "plan" to create an Android version has not yet been executed (or even begun)... is time that someone decided to allocate resources elsewhere, and has deemed it to be a lower priority than other tasks.  Whether the resources are money, people, or things, so it is.
2015-5-8
Use props
BrewserB
lvl.1

United States

Bluecoraldiver Posted at 2015-5-9 06:10
Hey DJI - Guess what??? More people in this world use Android than iOS. That is a fact. So hurry u ...

It ain't gonna happen. Even though it's being worked for iOS it probably won't happen for Android. I'm not really sure if it's really needed. Why not just fly the drone? Who cares about simulators? What am I missing?
2015-5-8
Use props
Muleshoe2
lvl.2

United States

**Me, sighing deeply.**

Another reason I elected to buy dji: the flight simulator. I bought the Samsung Tab 4 since there's no dji info about it not working with all the P3 "features."

Some state attorney's general call that "bait and switch." It's illegal. In the USA, anyway.

Maybe it's no big deal. Maybe all newbies are going to slam that throttle up as far as it will go on their first flight and fly like an Apache ace.
2015-5-8
Use props
Alterastro
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Actually it clearly states on their website the that the simulator works with iOS only....

I wouldn't stress though. You're really not missing much. If you want a decent flight sim, buy AeroSim
2015-5-8
Use props
Jstic
lvl.1

United States

I'm  confused. You buy a P3, and then you can use a simulator to simulate a flight? Is this similar to Microsoft's old FLIGHT SIM?
2015-5-9
Use props
Alterastro
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I think it's to get used to the app before flying in the real world. DJI App page <---- scroll down to simulator
2015-5-9
Use props
Bluecoraldiver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27156 ft
New Zealand

BrewserB Posted at 2015-5-9 13:49
It ain't gonna happen. Even though it's being worked for iOS it probably won't happen for Android. ...

I read that I should firstly use the flight sim before flying the real thing. I was abit nervous to fly my machine 'out of the box' even after reading the manual.

However today I took my P3 for it's first flight. It was so easy to use. I loved it so much.

So I dont need the sim anymore. Yay
2015-5-9
Use props
starship
lvl.4

United States

BrewserB Posted at 2015-5-9 13:49Why not just fly the drone? Who cares about simulators? What am I missing?

It's 10 at  night, and raining, and you've had a few to many beers.  Perfect time for a simulator. {:3_48:}
2015-6-3
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

starship@qconli Posted at 2015-6-3 23:54
It's 10 at  night, and raining, and you've had a few to many beers.  Perfect time for a simulator.  ...

good answer starship
2015-8-1
Use props
jeepkort
New

United States

BrewserB Posted at 2015-5-9 13:49
It ain't gonna happen. Even though it's being worked for iOS it probably won't happen for Android. ...

The whole point is to practice On the Simulator before you get out there,  maybe get 20 or so hours of flight time recorded to build you confidence.
2016-1-18
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

jeepkort Posted at 2016-1-18 19:44
The whole point is to practice On the Simulator before you get out there,  maybe get 20 or so hour ...

The simulator works fine on Android for the Standard now.  I use it all the time.
2016-1-18
Use props
davidlwoodall
lvl.2

United States

I run the simulator on an Nvidia Shield K1, and it runs smooth and seamlessly. The scenery isn't realistic, or exciting at all, but the behavior of the aircraft is almost identical. It is great for practicing failsafes, maneuvering, and "what if" scenarios you might run into in real flight. I used it to learn banked turns, figure 8s, and orientation at long distances (where I couldn't see the lights or other indicators on the aircraft) and the first time in the air was no different at all. Its also very good for practicing navigating using only the map, in those instances where you might lose video feed. Also for simulating RTH scenarios to see what the aircraft is going to do in various scenarios at various distances/batter levels. It isn't a "gaming experience," 3D, or VR...but it is a very useful tool for learning and practicing without risking a $600-$1200 quad.
2016-1-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The Phantom 3 SIM is a useful tool, but far too basic, and so I hope @DJI will consider adding more detail to it.
It would be incredibly awesome, if we could choose between, Phantom 3, Inspire 1 Pro, Matrice, or even a Spreading Wings S1000. ;-)
One area that I think would be amazing, is if we could actually fly with the Google Map full screen. Oh yeah...

If not familiar already, you guys/gals should seriously think about getting into an awesome RealFlight SIM program...
The computer program comes with a Futaba Elite radio and they recently brought out a Drone specific program, that looks pretty exciting on their website.
YouTube videos as well, show that this new version looks like a lot of fun. And you can do group flying, by joining a current group, or even make your own group.
Name the air field, keep it open to others, or private with invitation only, how ever you like. It is pretty cool.
Not sure that is something that could ever be implemented with the Go App... Connecting several of us Phantom pilots together, flying the app on line. Perhaps wifi some day.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules