Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using a tablet for flight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tridiver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4459344 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just ordered a 9 inch tablet for flying only.  Won't be connected to my carrier, hence no service.  Will this be a problem flying??  Will I have any issues?  I don't know if the app is connected to the net when flying.  Will it cause any update problems?  I wanted to larger screen than my phone and just a separate operating system for my P3P.  THX  Bolton
2018-2-21
Use props
Toorboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

nope you dont need cellular tablet to fly just make sure the geofence is updated before you head out and that your signed in
2018-2-21
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Geofence???  Signed in??  I never have signed in.  is that something my phone app does automatically??
2018-2-21
Use props
Toorboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

Tridiver Posted at 2018-2-21 05:39
Geofence???  Signed in??  I never have signed in.  is that something my phone app does automatically??

I thought you had to be signed in to the app to fly?
2018-2-21
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

When you install,the app on the tablet it should ask you to sign into your DJI account. I use a WiFi only tablet with no issues.
2018-2-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, now a days, once you update to the current firmware, you will be requested to please sign in once, to your DJI account.

What ever you use on the forum. Email addy and a Password you penned.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Did you order a device that's already on the DJI approved device list?

What ever it is, has it got enough processing speed, to handle the power hungry Go app?

It's important to have a device that can perform properly got you, so don't try to cheap out on your flight kits brain.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-21
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thx, it a nice Verizon, should be able to handle the load
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced