Phone or Tablet with Air?
973 6 2018-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_vzuQwIsgYhRA
lvl.1

Canada

Have my iphone x and an iPad mini 2. Don't know why they don't make the grips handle a case. Either way, i will move to a mount. Has anyone found a difference between an older ipad as their primary display vs. a mobile?

With the direct feed line into the ipad or the iphone x in airplane mode, the only difference could be in the processing power or wifi in the devices. Anyone found a difference?
2018-2-21
Use props
Apopj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 653 ft
United States

I use my iPad mini with the Air and find it fits in the holders easily with total control possible. Easier to see than with the iPhone.
2018-2-21
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I've used an iPhone 5S, 6+, iPad Air and iPad mini 2.  They all work but I like the mini 2 best as the image is larger.  The mini does fit in the transmitter clamps.
2018-2-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ipad Mini is by far the best. I have a mini 3 and a mini 4 and both fit in the bottom mounts very well. You do not need a custom mount
2018-2-21
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I made my own tablet holder for these type of controllers and am very happy with iPad Pro 10.5...
2018-2-21
Use props
Hack
lvl.3
United States

I started out with my iPhone x - but felt I was missing a lot due to the size.  I switched to an iPad mini 4 and find it much more enjoyable.  

Initially I had the iPad mini just seated in the controller arms (yes it does fit), but due to the thinness of the iPad mini 4 (6.1mm) I did not find it to be as secure as I would have liked.  I'm sure I could have found a thin case that would have made it fit a bit better, but I opted for a mount instead (better balance).  I first tried the Mavmount which was fine, but you lose a lot in the way of portability (I really wanted to keep everything contained in the fly more case, because to me this was one of the greatest benefits of the MA).  Ultimately I settled on the KUUQA Aluminum-Alloy Foldable Tablet Stand Holder which I really like (and it fits in the fly more case quite nicely).  Only flown with it a couple of times now, but for me this feels like a winning combination.

My two cents...
2018-2-21
Use props
djiuser_vzuQwIsgYhRA
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks everyone, great answers. I don’t really want the dji app siphoning my data. So it would go in airplane mode. I get that u need cellular to change the home location in flight but that’s uncommon for me. A direct stream won’t kill the processor in the mini 2
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules