Ripple or Jello effect happening on new drone
1390 16 2018-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marleyman
lvl.2
United States

Hi guys,
I'm wondering if you can help me identify this ripple or jello effect happening on my new Mavic Pro Platinum.

I didn't crash it. The temperature was 50 degrees in this video. I checked the Gimbal and the tabs and rubber rings holding the tabs look fine. I don't fly with the cover on.
This is a brand new drone.

Any help would be appreciated! thanks

2018-2-21
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

If the video was from the cache on your phone, the effect may be due to transmission/encoding/decoding problems.  If the video from the Mavic SD card also shows that effect, then you may have a problem.  The SD card files are always  the cleanest.
2018-2-21
Use props
Marleyman
lvl.2
United States

Griffith Posted at 2018-2-21 07:06
If the video was from the cache on your phone, the effect may be due to transmission/encoding/decoding problems.  If the video from the Mavic SD card also shows that effect, then you may have a problem.  The SD card files are always  the cleanest.

Yes, this video is from my SD Card. Augh. Sounds like I have a problem with my Gimbal
2018-2-21
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar problem twice, I reluctantly returned to DJI for repair and it has been fine ever since. DJI diagnosed and replaced the gimbal/camera assembly to fix the problem. The turnaround was about three weeks.
2018-2-21
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

When it happens only occasionally it can be attributed to gimbal overextension due to sudden gusts of wind or changes in navigation, especially in Sports Mode. If it happens continuously then you have a problem. Are you using any filters? Have you tried recalibrating your gimbal?   
2018-2-21
Use props
Marleyman
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-2-21 09:34
When it happens only occasionally it can be attributed to gimbal overextension due to sudden gusts of wind or changes in navigation, especially in Sports Mode. If it happens continuously then you have a problem. Are you using any filters? Have you tried recalibrating your gimbal?

Yes I reset everything and it's happening with every video...no filter. I'm going to return it.
2018-2-21
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Sorry to hear that.  When I saw your video, I was hoping to find a simple answer from others.  
2018-2-21
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Marleyman Posted at 2018-2-21 09:36
Yes I reset everything and it's happening with every video...no filter. I'm going to return it.

Including gimbal recalibration?
2018-2-21
Use props
Marleyman
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-2-21 11:36
Including gimbal recalibration?

Yes I did every setting including gimbal recalibration
2018-2-21
Use props
cathaldub
New
Ireland

I've the same effect on a brand new Mavic Pro Platinum, can even be seen before the drone even takes off sometimes
Calibrated compass
calibrated IMU
calibrated Gimball

Here's a quick video i took today, footage from SD card

2018-2-21
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Marleyman Posted at 2018-2-21 11:40
Yes I did every setting including gimbal recalibration

The other thing you might check is if any of the props spin roughly, introducing vibration. This can happen when something like hair or grass/straw gets wrapped around a prop shaft, or if the shaft is bent due to a drop or crash, or if a prop is not quite propery locked-in.

I used to fly my MicroDrone in a park near my house and got dog hair wrapped around my props on more than one occasion!
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Marleyman, the 50 degrees you mentioned above is the Fahrenheit, right? Please try to fly with the gimbal cover, or please check if the same issue will happen when flying in a warmer place. Ensure that the propellers are all in good condition. If the issue persists, you might need to send the drone in. Please contact our support to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-21
Use props
MR MAWIC PRO SE
New

Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-21 23:14
Hi Marleyman, the 50 degrees you mentioned above is the Fahrenheit, right? Please try to fly with the gimbal cover, or please check if the same issue will happen when flying in a warmer place. Ensure that the propellers are all in good condition. If the issue persists, you might need to send the drone in. Please contact our support to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support

Hi i have the same Problem ?
No Crash ever and only not a year old Mavik P

I have try all ! New Firmware ! Calibration ! of EMU Gimbal but no Luck so ever "!

2018-2-22
Use props
Marleyman
lvl.2
United States

50 degrees Fahrenheit
2018-2-22
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I like the suggestion of leaving the gimbal cover on.  That would eliminate wind as a cause.  
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MR MAWIC PRO SE Posted at 2018-2-22 00:46
Hi i have the same Problem ?
No Crash ever and only not a year old Mavik P  

If it acts the same as the video posted above and you had tried the operations I listed above, I would suggest sending the drone in for an overall check. Please contact our support for a further help. Thank you.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Yes, so please kindly refer to my answer above and do the troubleshooting, thank you.
2018-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules