608 5 2018-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chorn1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520512 ft
United States

Hi All,

I'm heading out to Colorado Springs in May. we go out there every memorial day weekend for territory days in old Colorado city.
does anyone know a good place to fly out there? I have googled a lot but most posts are old and I know the city and county have made new laws.
so if you live in that area and fly a lot I would love to know where you go.

Thanks,
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Chorn, I would recommend you check the NFZ in our website first and learn about the local regulation through the link: https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=footer
2018-2-21
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

The best place to fly is a place that is open, free, and from the location of CO Springs, mountainous. I envy your ability to fly there!
2018-2-22
Use props
chorn1966
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-21 19:17
Chorn, I would recommend you check the NFZ in our website first and learn about the local regulation through the link: https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=footer

Thanks Elektra. However, this doesn't give me info on local laws. I understand airports, National parks, ect.
I am trying to get in contact with people in the local  area who have a legal and safe area they fly at.  
2018-2-22
Use props
Toyman2k 9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72362 ft
United States

chorn1966 Posted at 2018-2-22 07:47
Thanks Elektra. However, this doesn't give me info on local laws. I understand airports, National parks, ect.
I am trying to get in contact with people in the local  area who have a legal and safe area they fly at.

I fly in Castle Rock which is just N of you and pretty much anywhere is good.   You have a good understanding on where NOT TO FLY then just apply the logic.   Go chase some Prairie dogs and practice is what I do.
2018-2-22
Use props
chorn1966
lvl.3
United States

Toyman2k 9 Posted at 2018-2-22 17:04
I fly in Castle Rock which is just N of you and pretty much anywhere is good.   You have a good understanding on where NOT TO FLY then just apply the logic.   Go chase some Prairie dogs and practice is what I do.

Thanks for the info.
2018-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules