How long should I wait to get my money back PLEASE???
1310 17 2018-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hami
lvl.1
Canada

I bought a spark fly more combo (US$ 599) more than 1 month ago and purchased a DJI care refresh (US$ 59) for it. I found a problem with it since the first day, reported it quickly and just today, finally after 1 month, I got my money back, BUT ONLY for the spark, not for the DJI care refresh. I have been struggling with DJI support for a month to get this sorted out for the drone, and now they did not refund me for the DJI care refresh. After the drone refund was issued, I have sent 3 emails about the refund of my dji care refresh, 2 emails to the support (support.us@dji.com) and 1 email to DJI care (djicare@dji.com), and 1 call to the US DJI support, No response YET!

Even worse for the fly more combo, I spent $785 Canadian dollars to buy it, but what I got as the refund is equal to $726 Canadian dollars. At the time of discussing about the refund, I asked DJI to refund me in the form of DJI credits, this way I would not lose any money during the exchange between Canadian dollars and US dollars, because I intended to buy Mavic Air using those credits, but they didn't accept to refund me by credit.

Now I have lost $59 due to the exchange cost, plus I'm still struggling to get a single response about the refund of my DJI care refresh.

How much time should I spend to get this whole thing sorted out? I have sent a dozen of emails and called the support team to get a refund, but still waiting and lost $59 just for the exchange costs.

Anyone is going to give me a response please?

I originally wanted to return the buggy spark and buy a Mavic Air, but now with this kind of support, I'm thinking again. I'm frustrated of this service!

2018-2-21
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

insurance companies don't refund your premiums when they pay out on claims, either.
2018-2-21
Use props
Hami
lvl.1
Canada

Solestacz Posted at 2018-2-21 11:04
insurance companies don't refund your premiums when they pay out on claims, either.

That doesn't make any sense. We purchased the insurance from DJI as well. When I return a drone for a factory fault, why should I be penalized to pay or keep the DJI care refresh. It's absolutely non-sense! Wht do I need the Care refresh for now?
2018-2-21
Use props
Shade220
lvl.3
Canada

What was the problem with the Spark that you returned the whole package?

Expect the care refresh would apply to your replacement Spark. Although, if you never had a working Spark, you were never able to receive any benefits from the care refresh.  Maybe could apply the care refresh towards the Mavic Air.
2018-2-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe that the refresh is not refundable or transferable so you may have to wright that off as a loss. Check the T&C's of your contract agreement if have not done so already.
2018-2-21
Use props
Hami
lvl.1
Canada

That's frustrating. How much should I lose because of a factory defect!!! $59 for the dollar exchange + $59 for the DJI Care Refresh? I cannot accept this!
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hami, we're so sorry for the inconvenience first. I managed to get your email via the forum info and forward this to the management for investigation. The designated team will take care and contact you soon. Appreciate your patience and understanding.
2018-2-21
Use props
Hami
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-21 19:07
Hami, we're so sorry for the inconvenience first. I managed to get your email via the forum info and forward this to the management for investigation. The designated team will take care and contact you soon. Appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thanks for looking into it. I hope the management team gets back to me, because none of my contacts were responded so far. I have my refund case number, and also order number for DJI care refresh, in case you need to have them.
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hami Posted at 2018-2-21 21:04
Thanks for looking into it. I hope the management team gets back to me, because none of my contacts were responded so far. I have my refund case number, and also order number for DJI care refresh, in case you need to have them.

Just to verify, did you receive the calls and emails? The management is working on your case and will keep follow up as well.
2018-2-22
Use props
Hami
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-22 22:45
Just to verify, did you receive the calls and emails? The management is working on your case and will keep follow up as well.

I received a call from the support team, although I don't think it was from the management. The support called me and asked me some order# and case#. They told me they'll get back to me either on Friday or Monday.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hami Posted at 2018-2-23 06:43
I received a call from the support team, although I don't think it was from the management. The support called me and asked me some order# and case#. They told me they'll get back to me either on Friday or Monday.

Please kindly wait patiently, the proper team will help in your case. Hope the thing will be sorted out soon.
2018-2-23
Use props
Hami
lvl.1
United States

Update: I've got an email saying that my DJI care refresh is refunded, I have to wait and see if it is refunded by the right amount.
Also on the issue with refunding my Spark by $59 less, I'm still waiting to hear back. Support person told me he is waiting for the head quarter, and it may take 2-3 days.
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hami Posted at 2018-2-26 07:04
Update: I've got an email saying that my DJI care refresh is refunded, I have to wait and see if it is refunded by the right amount.
Also on the issue with refunding my Spark by $59 less, I'm still waiting to hear back. Support person told me he is waiting for the head quarter, and it may take 2-3 days.

Thanks for your update and our supervisor will keep following up your case until it is sorted out completely, appreciate your patience and understanding.
2018-2-26
Use props
Hami
lvl.1
Canada

Update:
DJI Spark care refresh: I got refunded but with a little less than what I spent to purchase it.
Re. CAD$ 59 the difference of the refund amount for my DJI spark, support left me a voice msg, said he is still waiting to hear back from the head quarter. In the mean time he said I should've received around CAD$ 760 while I received CAD$726. Still waiting...

It is definitely a long process! I already purchased a Mavic Air from DJI store and will receive it soon. I wish they could've refunded me in the form of DJI credit so I could use that to buy the Mavic and not lose the CAD$ 59 in the refund process. I'm still fine to receive DJI credit.
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hami Posted at 2018-2-28 08:58
Update:
DJI Spark care refresh: I got refunded but with a little less than what I spent to purchase it.
Re. CAD$ 59 the difference of the refund amount for my DJI spark, support left me a voice msg, said he is still waiting to hear back from the head quarter. In the mean time he said I should've received around CAD$ 760 while I received CAD$726. Still waiting...

Thanks for keeping us updated. It takes some time to get this addressed out. We'll keep an eye on the status.
2018-3-1
Use props
djiuser_qRoypWAvl2W2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 673 ft
United States

Did you buy this directly from DJI? Otherwise, why did you not return it to the store where you bought it? The store can't refund the $59, but they will refund the purchase immediately without having to wait for a month.

My experience so far (I am commercial pilot, and a drone pilot), is that these drones are not quite ready for prime time. There are far too many kinks to iron out, and unlike a phone or computer, when something goes wrong with a drone,  you end up losing it entirely.

2018-3-1
Use props
djiuser_qRoypWAvl2W2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 673 ft
United States

Solestacz Posted at 2018-2-21 11:04
insurance companies don't refund your premiums when they pay out on claims, either.

Real insurance has to be provided by a third party, so that there is no bias in their decisions to claims. DJI care is not insurance. It is more like an enhanced warranty. In fact, I could not find a clear description of what it actually is, which is one reason why I never bothered to buy it. Extended warranties are lucrative. Auto dealers make more profits by selling extended warranties and road side assistance than their car sale profits. Rental car companies make large sums from selling collision damage waivers. My recommendation is don't buy it. Instead, go buy insurance from a real insurance company. Yes they do exist for drones.

2018-3-1
Use props
Hami
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_qRoypWAvl2W2 Posted at 2018-3-1 13:24
Did you buy this directly from DJI? Otherwise, why did you not return it to the store where you bought it? The store can't refund the $59, but they will refund the purchase immediately without having to wait for a month.

My experience so far (I am commercial pilot, and a drone pilot), is that these drones are not quite ready for prime time. There are far too many kinks to iron out, and unlike a phone or computer, when something goes wrong with a drone,  you end up losing it entirely.

I bought the drone from DJI store, hence the challenge to get a proper accurate refund for the drone/care refresh.

Local stores where I live don't provide any return option. Once the package is opened, they don't accept it.

I got the refund for my care refresh but again it's a bit lower than the purchase price.
2018-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules