Osmo mobile 2 and Pixel 2
4142 7 2018-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dang1k
New

Russia

Good day, have one question.

At the moment thinking about pixel 2 (to work with osmo mobile 2), but have a question, will osmo mobile 2 work with pixel 2 XL, or for more comfortale work it will be better to take pixel 2 (not XL)?

Who have Pixel 2(pixel 2 xl) and osmo mobile 2, have any problems with work?
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Dang, please note that osmo mobile 2 can support phone range from 58.6 to 84.8 mm. The number of Android devices is large and we can not test all of them. I would recommend you use the recommended devices for better performance. Hope people in the forum can give you feedback about Pixel 2.
osmo mobile2.JPG
2018-2-23
Use props
rantanlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

If the thing will be finaly available and I got the one I preordered delieverd I can tell you (P2 owner...)
2018-2-26
Use props
fans67377bf7
lvl.1
Canada

I have tested my Google Pixel 2 XL on a Osmo Mobile 1 (the mobile 2 is under its way), and unfortunately, the phone seem too heavy and I couldnt balance it. While it works, the motor of the osmo came very very hot (after 5 minutes of usage) because since I cant get it balanced, the motor works all the time to compensate. I think its a huge deal braker. Cant wait to check with the osmo mobile 2, but I think im screwed where I'll need to check for a DIY counter weight to attach my osmo mobile 2.
2018-2-26
Use props
Dang1k
New

Russia

fans67377bf7 Posted at 2018-2-26 10:28
I have tested my Google Pixel 2 XL on a Osmo Mobile 1 (the mobile 2 is under its way), and unfortunately, the phone seem too heavy and I couldnt balance it. While it works, the motor of the osmo came very very hot (after 5 minutes of usage) because since I cant get it balanced, the motor works all the time to compensate. I think its a huge deal braker. Cant wait to check with the osmo mobile 2, but I think im screwed where I'll need to check for a DIY counter weight to attach my osmo mobile 2.

thx, will wait for information about osmo mobile 2 with xl)
2018-2-27
Use props
Wrenny1969
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23366 ft
United Kingdom

I wonder if Osmo 2 should have been tested with mobiles up-to a certain weight as well as size?
2018-3-6
Use props
LucaIntini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have the osmo 2 and the pixel 2 xl. A nightmare!
The motor struggles sometimes, sometimes not.
The biggest issue is the Ski Go app, it simply does not work. It works only when you install it. As soon as you restart your phone, it won't work anymore. The only way is to uninstall and reinstall the app..and don't reboot the phone!!!
Ridiculous!
Third inconvenience, the design: you cannot plug the power cable, the port is on the "wrong" side of the arm of the osmo.if you plug the USB, you have to extend the phone on the side, at that point Osmo cannot balance it anymore.
I am seriously thinking to sell the Osmo and go for another brand .
2018-9-26
Use props
LucaIntini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ski= DJI Go App, sorry the typo on the previous comment
2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now