Joshua Tree with Mavic Air
1856 16 2018-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CSMelzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182808 ft
United States

Mostly handheld shots with the Mavic Air inside the park cut with a couple aerial shots taken from OUTSIDE the National Park's North entrance.
I wanted to see how the drone worked as a handheld gimbal camera. Take a look if youre interested.

2018-2-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Great footage in stunning quality, thank you very much!
2018-2-21
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Wow nice footage, how big is the park? And be good to see some of that weather across the pond, we could send you some of our rain :-)
2018-2-21
Use props
vegasphotog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353100 ft
United States

I have yet to get my 1st drone.....I love JT but since it is a NP, you did a great job with limited airspace.  I would like to revisit this area when I finally get an Air.   https://www.robertbaker.photography/christmas-adventures-2016/
2018-2-21
Use props
I am Sparkacus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94626 ft
United Kingdom

Been to JT around 40 times camping in Jumbo Rocks and Hidden Valley. Seen so many drones recently ruining the tranquility of the place. Even nearly got hit by a drone climbing the cyclops once. So nice to see someone respecting the place. Total kudos in not breaking the rules. I was last there in December And will be back in June. Will definitely try something similar! Thank you for the inspiration. First visit was over 20 years ago and hooked ever since. Just got 3 parks left to visit in the USA but JT was my first.
2018-2-21
Use props
CSMelzer
lvl.2
United States

I am Sparkacus Posted at 2018-2-21 14:04
Been to JT around 40 times camping in Jumbo Rocks and Hidden Valley. Seen so many drones recently ruining the tranquility of the place. Even nearly got hit by a drone climbing the cyclops once. So nice to see someone respecting the place. Total kudos in not breaking the rules. I was last there in December And will be back in June. Will definitely try something similar! Thank you for the inspiration. First visit was over 20 years ago and hooked ever since. Just got 3 parks left to visit in the USA but JT was my first.

Awesome! I just bought my first America The Beautiful annual pass and my girlfriend and I are excited to explore more of the parks! Been to Joshua tree a few times climbing. This time we got to spend more time exploring and hiking further into the park.
2018-2-21
Use props
Trip Astute
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109593 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome video! I was a bit surprised when I saw the thread title since flying in national parks is not allowed, but was really impressed with your video. You managed to get some incredible footage while still respecting the law. Great work and example for others to follow!
2018-2-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome video
2018-2-21
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Very nice shoot.. What accessories you use when you shoot on the ground?
2018-2-21
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video and nice editing!
2018-2-21
Use props
CSMelzer
lvl.2
United States

kfloke Posted at 2018-2-21 17:35
Very nice shoot.. What accessories you use when you shoot on the ground?

This was done just by holding the drone in hand while my girlfriend used the controller to start and stop the shot. no accessories yet though i may invest in a handle of some type in the future i think it would be helpful.
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Good work, thank you for posting, and thanks for also advising the flight safety. Well done.
2018-2-21
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

CSMelzer Posted at 2018-2-21 18:23
This was done just by holding the drone in hand while my girlfriend used the controller to start and stop the shot. no accessories yet though i may invest in a handle of some type in the future i think it would be helpful.

Wow...I should give it a try.. I think no need to invest any accessories cos you done a great job!
2018-2-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video
2018-2-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great video!        
2018-2-21
Use props
rantanlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

like the combination of your footage, driving, flying, walking.. well done
2018-2-22
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Nice video hope to get out there some day.
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules