S900 / Z15 - GH4 / Lightbridge - Setup Help/No picture/ No GH4 option
3273 4 2015-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Just-inspire
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I hope that someone can shed some light on my project please.

I have an S900 with Z15 GH4 gimbal, A2, lightbridge with SG14 futaba and T8J for gimbal control.

The S900 multiroter has been fully built and wired up correctly... I beleive, I have triple checked all wiring.

I can see the control gains moving on the sliders on my laptop from the SG14 when in calibration mode, but I cant get picture to my Galaxy note 2. I get "connection error" in red on the app screen, but can see non functioning telemetry.

Not sue if it is my phone, but I bought an iPad mini 2 with A7 for my Inspire 1 nd the S900, but the app is now gone, so I cant use it!!!

The gimbal does it calibration dance when turned on and come to forward facing rest.  I turn on lightbridge ground station, it then ponts down idicating it is getting some sort of signal from lightbridge.

Gimbal light solid green, sometimes what appears to be a green and a light red light on th front - orange? Always solid, no flashing. Ground station solid green. Air station 1 green and 1 red/orange for video.

In the Lightbridge assistant, there is no GH4 option, only 5D, BMPPC, GH3. So I cant select GH4 HD option.

Gimbal switch is on HD.

I have linked air and ground station.

One thing that is puzzling me is the serial number fo the Z15 GH4 HD gimbal, cant find it, so cant enter it into the assistant, and may be the reason it wont show the GH4 option in the assitant software?

I am pulling my hair out at this stage!

I have not set up the SG14 as yet as according the the online DJI videos, after the build you just hook everything up, link lightbridge and hey presto - video feed. Not in my case unfortunately!

Perhaps the Lightbrideg video is showing adding lightbridge to an already analogue flying S900, etc? Is thi my problem? If it is, I purchased the SG14 without its receiver thinking I didnt need it.

ANY help or clues would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
2015-5-2
Use props
Just-inspire
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I forgot to add, I have updated all it is letting me update and everything is up to date firmware wise. Gimbal, lightbridge ground station, air system, A2, etc....I cant seem to update the seperate Ground system decoder: 1.4.4 as it doesnt give me the option to do so? It just has dashed lines after it ------
2015-5-2
Use props
Just-inspire
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Lightbridge assistant V1.3
2015-5-2
Use props
Just-inspire
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Anybody have any idea? I would be really grateful...
2015-5-3
Use props
HMArnold
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

It's possible that the reason you're not getting any responses on this thread is that it asks for experts.

I am no expert, but I have found on several occasions with this forum that if someone posts an idea, even if it doesn't fix the problem, its heads me in the right direction.

It sounds like you're asking about 2 problems. The first is not being able to see the video downlink from the camera, and the second is not being able to control the gimbal and camera.

My system is very similar to the one you describe...  A2, Lightbridge, IOSD Mk II, Zenmuse Z15 Gimbal, 900 MHz Datalink - and it works fine.

For the video downlink problem, I have never tried the USB display capability of the Lightbridge because I have a 7 inch Lilliput screen with an HDMI input port that I plug directly into the Lightbridge ground unit. I suggest you try that, even if its a desktop display that you will never actually take into the field, just to try to cut down on the complexity of the problem.

With my system, if I don't even turn on the UAV platform at all but power up the Lightbridge ground unit, I get a display on the HDMI that shows some default flight parameters and a black screen. If you use HDMI and don't get that, you might have a defective Lightbridge ground unit - but you probably will.

If you do get a basic display, then when you power up your S900 you get a screen that includes a rational voltage. then I would say your display problem is associated with the USB connection or the Android app.

For the second question, I went in to my Zenmuse Assistant and mine doesn't even give the opportunity to enter a serial number - so I could be wrong, but I don't think that's the problem. My system is also set up I the Lightbridge assistant as a BMPCC gimbal, but I don't think that matters for mine.

I also noticed that if I go to download the Zenmuse Assistant, there are several options for gimbals that I don't recognize, and if I download them they don't communicate with my gimbal. What I did was select "SEE ALL" on the GIMBALS Products page, then a new one shows up at the bottom that just says "Z!5". When I download that I and hook up Zenmuse via USB, the blue communication light blinks furiously and my joystick and switch commands show on the screen.

Your description of the gimbal initialization is exactly like what mine does if I have the gimbal switch settings in "FPV LOCKED" and "DOWN", which also happens to be the normal settings of me to take orhtogrammetic images.

My first question would be - When you're in the Zenmuse Assistant, can you see the camera transmitter commands coming all the way through from the T8J, through the training cable, through the Lightbridge Ground unit, through the wireless link to the Lightbridge Air unit, through the CAN/SBUS to the Zenmuse Control unit, and then to the Zenmuse Assistant to display on the computer screen?

If you can, then you're pretty close.

If not, you need to work the entire path I just described. You might hook your T8J up as the flight transmitter to see if the joystick signals are getting to the Lightbridge. If not it could be a cable problem but more likely a definition problem in your T8J.

That is assuming you have the correct Zenmuse Assistant installed and get the furiously blinking blue light on the bottom left of the window.

If you do see joystick movements in the A2 with the T8J hooked up as the flight transmitter, then try it as the gimbal/camera transmitter to see if you see the same movements in the Zenmuse Assistant. I assume you won't or you would have said that the gimbal responds to joystick commands other than "FPV" and "DOWN" in terms of physically turning the camera.

The system I purchased from a dealer came with a small S-Bus decoder board that evidently breaks the S-Bus commands down into the individual servo signals required by the Zenmuse. To picture this think of a 1 inch by 1 inch PC board with an S-Bus wire coming in, then 10 or so 3 wire jumpers coming out and going into the various servo ports on the Zenmuse. Your system might have something different, but without something like that, I don't know how the joystick and switch commands can make it from the Lightbridge to the Zenmuse.

As I say, I'm not an expert, but if any of this is even close or helpful, let me know what else I can do to assist in terms of pictures or screen shots.

Hank Arnold
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules