Critical error?
2391 12 2018-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_vzuQwIsgYhRA
lvl.1

Canada

Tested this inside my house the last two nights. No issue no crashes. Started drone up today and lights are solid red. Now I noticed some class D warning zone. Attached shot from my app. Can’t get the red rights off the drone.  Any ideas?
2901E9A6-2370-4A13-BD9B-BF7ABA265FF5.png
2018-2-21
Use props
djiuser_vzuQwIsgYhRA
lvl.1

Canada

Think I’m stupid. So it’s the front indicators are red. From the book, critical would be back light.

Does a red set of front indicators mean anything?
2018-2-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check your settings, looks like your obstacle avoidance is turned off. those are normal lights.
2018-2-21
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

djiuser_vzuQwIsgYhRA Posted at 2018-2-21 17:11
Think I’m stupid. So it’s the front indicators are red. From the book, critical would be back light.

No, front light does not indicate anything. They only indicate the front so you know the position of your craft, especially when flying at night.
2018-2-21
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I've always thought it was odd that the front LED's are red. It is unnatural compared to what we are used to ... at least on solid ground. But I also do not remember seeing full-size planes or helicopters, with red forward-facing lights.
2018-2-21
Use props
djiuser_vzuQwIsgYhRA
lvl.1

Canada

Ya really. It went away with a firmware mismatch fix
2018-2-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

"Does a red set of front indicators mean anything?"

It means you have the front lights turned on!
2018-2-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

"Does a red set of front indicators mean anything?"

It means you have the front lights turned on!
2018-2-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-2-21 18:13
I've always thought it was odd that the front LED's are red. It is unnatural compared to what we are used to ... at least on solid ground. But I also do not remember seeing full-size planes or helicopters, with red forward-facing lights.

You're not alone.  Even the Phantom is non-standard.  When I go for added lights, it will be with normal aircraft marking colors.
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please refer to the manual, the front LEDs indicates the orientation of the drone and status of some functions. You can refer to the intelligent flight modes on the manual, for example, from page 23 to 25. And for the zone you are flying in, you can read the Geo map on this web for further info. https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map, hope it helps. status leds.png
2018-2-21
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2018-2-21 18:26
You're not alone.  Even the Phantom is non-standard.  When I go for added lights, it will be with normal aircraft marking colors.

I'm glad... it's always nice knowing that you're not alone.
2018-2-21
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

Do people read the manuals or just come on forums and ask questions? The first thing I do with any new product is research and read all the manuals, I don't like to look dumb asking questions that are common knowledge geez.
2018-2-21
Use props
djiuser_vzuQwIsgYhRA
lvl.1

Canada

Sure people read the manuals. In my case I went through the UI, presetup, watched the vids, etc. So it’s a discrepancy like this that can frustrate new users. The lights were red, disconnected and connected multiple times. It wasn’t until I switched to a. iPad that a firmware mismatch was detected. This turned the lights green.

The responses are appreciated and welcomed. But the one right up above is the usual forum ahole. No need pal. Save your post for something constructive.
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules