Catholic & Buddhist Church On Hillside
376 10 2018-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Last November, I put up a video of a horse boarding facility that was being closed because a nearby religious entity had purchased the land.  Today, I drove up a long hillside to visit that church.  I was surprised to find it is a combination Catholic and Buddhist facility.

2018-2-21
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

That didn't take long to build, I remember you posting the horse boarding land not to long ago.  Nice video nonetheless and great choice of Sound of music.
2018-2-21
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-2-21 17:40
That didn't take long to build, I remember you posting the horse boarding land not to long ago.  Nice video nonetheless and great choice of Sound of music.

Thanks for the nice words.  Did you recognize the later music from "The King and I"?  I just saw that play again last night and recorded some of the music to use for my videos.  I actually hadn't even thought of going to that church today and even when I was putting the video together, the music from last night was just an afterthought.  But I think it sure works - if you're familiar with that play.  It's about Siam over 100 years ago.  Also, the Sound of Music was me playing it on my keyboards.
2018-2-21
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-21 17:46
Thanks for the nice words.  Did you recognize the later music from "The King and I"?  I just saw that play again last night and recorded some of the music to use for my videos.  I actually hadn't even thought of going to that church today and even when I was putting the video together, the music from last night was just an afterthought.  But I think it sure works - if you're familiar with that play.  It's about Siam over 100 years ago.  Also, the Sound of Music was me playing it on my keyboards.

Not to familiar with the King and I and I probably watched it with the wife numerous times, but great job with the Sound of Music.
2018-2-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another nice one
2018-2-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video.

One thing I noticed is that you have a lot of panning (turning) shots in your video.
That might be on purpose of course, but it might be nice to add shots without motion AND some with only straight motion (like dolly shot, forward / backward only etc) skipping some of the panning ones.
These panning shots have their purpose I guess, but also can look like motion without a purpose.

Just a suggestion of course

2018-2-21
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-21 23:34
Nice video.

One thing I noticed is that you have a lot of panning (turning) shots in your video.

Thanks Monty, I'm always happy to get suggestions.  I had read a thing about adding  something in the foreground to give my scenes more "depth".  So I looked for things that I could get into the video and then pan past for that reason.  I'll take another look at the video today and ask myself where I could have avoided the movement.  Thanks for the idea.
2018-2-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good video     
2018-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-22 08:06
Thanks Monty, I'm always happy to get suggestions.  I had read a thing about adding  something in the foreground to give my scenes more "depth".  So I looked for things that I could get into the video and then pan past for that reason.  I'll take another look at the video today and ask myself where I could have avoided the movement.  Thanks for the idea.

Never too old to try something new.

This was my latest 'try out'.
I only performed these kind of movements.

2018-2-22
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-22 10:48
Never too old to try something new.

This was my latest 'try out'.

Yeah, I remember that video and the guy in the yellow cab using an ibeam for a broom.  ;)
2018-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-22 11:23
Yeah, I remember that video and the guy in the yellow cab using an ibeam for a broom.  ;)

The site is now ready for being re built btw.
I must say I find it hard to make super smooth motion like this. But if it works, I like the outcome.
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules