dji phantom 2 vision plus v3 unstable flight after calibration
4288 7 2015-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186549 ft
Italy

i discovered the problem tath caused my crash where i destroyed my camera and gimbal
the drone is a little bit out of control when i rotate it using left stick on the z axis
when i rotate it the drone move itself randomly for 4-6 meters and then it stabilize itself
it moves autonomously up and down too...

All this problem started when i calibrated the drone using assistent software
the sensor range are ok... can't understand how to fix tath
i made some videos to let you understand the problem
in the video i used mainly only the left stick to rotate the drone
and when it goes away i just reported him to the original position....

any ideas???

2015-5-2
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

Are you in naza or phantom mode?  If in naza are you by chance in atti mode?  Did you calibrate over that pavement?  The first video looks like you are either in atti mode or without enough satellite coverage which would default it to that mode.  Also the first video hovering that close to the ground can cause it to move around a bit due to prop wash in my experience.  How many satellites did you have locked?
2015-5-2
Use props
sdtag
lvl.2

United States

I think the answer is to level your Phantom before you calibrate it. I have seen threads (not here) where people have taken the top off and placed a small bubble level on top of the naza module. They level the Phantom with business cards under the landing gear, and then do an advanced calibration.
I haven't gone that far. I used a 3 foot level across the tops of the motors. I got it leveled, then calibrated it. It made a difference in mine.
It turns out my desk is not as level as I had assumed it was.
I have seen people go crazy with this until their Phantom "spins like it's on a pole."  
2015-5-2
Use props
tom
lvl.2
Italy

busclas Posted at 2015-5-2 20:28
Are you in naza or phantom mode?  If in naza are you by chance in atti mode?  Did you calibrate over ...

it was in phantom mode...

anyway i calibrated it on the ground of my house....
i will try as sdtag said using a bubble level...

anyway when i crashed my drone the plastic around the compass plastic case opened itself but then i closed... i dont know if this can cause issue...

sorry for my english

i hope to fix it
2015-5-2
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

Agree strongly with the comments above about making sure the unit is level before you do IMU calibration.  The copter will not fly well if this is not done.  It will think level is what is actually a tilt and will be fighting it constantly.
2015-5-2
Use props
tom
lvl.2
Italy

today i was very close to lost my phantom... i experienced the wrost fly ever... i totally lost control in air and there was no way to control it
the only thing that stabilized the drone was making him rotate on his own using left stick... but i was not able to control him any way
after turning off the remote control.. the drone stabilized himself and returned home.

i will post the video soon

i connected it to the pc to check and it seems everything ok

the problem has begun when i tried (after calibrating it again) to rotate the drone using left stick on his own
i saw the drone starting going away so i rotate again and then it goes crazy...

when the drone was safe after autoreturn home i tried again rotating but this time very slowly... and this seems to work the drone doesnt gone away

i really can't understand what's going on...

when you will see video you will be scaried
2015-5-2
Use props
tom
lvl.2
Italy

this is the flyaway

this is a test video to show the rotation problem

2015-5-3
Use props
graphicxolution
New

United States

Whats the difference between modes? I just got my phantom vision 2 plus today.
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules