3848 14 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaoloM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146844 ft
Italy

Hi, I just received my brand new Mavic Air and updated firmware to 1.000.200

Also downloaded DJI go 4 on iPhone and all works perfect except the fact that I do not find in the app the toggle to enable precision landing.

The app version is the last available on Apple store and I thin is 4.2.6

Any help is welcome
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please try to move the drone to a place with good GPS signal, after auto-takeoff, the option should exist.
2018-2-22
Use props
PaoloM
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-22 23:46
Hi there, please try to move the drone to a place with good GPS signal, after auto-takeoff, the option should exist.

In this days is knowing here, so i can't try, but i tried the simulator and yes, when i hit take-off there was a little checkbox with precisino landing...

Maybe there is not the options in the menu because with the checkbox i cani decide time by time?
2018-2-23
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

PaoloM Posted at 2018-2-23 00:11
In this days is knowing here, so i can't try, but i tried the simulator and yes, when i hit take-off there was a little checkbox with precisino landing...

Maybe there is not the options in the menu because with the checkbox i cani decide time by time?

Precision landing is currently only available if you use Auto Take Off, presumably because if you manually take off you're deemed proficient enough to land
2018-2-23
Use props
PaoloM
lvl.2
Italy

Maybe yes... in canc i just want to know if it is normal that there is not the Precision Landing togli in the advanced options but only the checkbox in AUTO TAKE OFF.

Just to know if there is a glitch in my firmware or app or if it is supposed to work that way
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

PaoloM Posted at 2018-2-23 00:11

Yes, there is no selection on the menu, but you can check it when using the auto-takeoff.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Wyke Posted at 2018-2-23 00:35
Precision landing is currently only available if you use Auto Take Off, presumably because if you manually take off you're deemed proficient enough to land

Hi, actually, if the condition available, Precision Landing will also take effect when manual takeoff.
Precision Landing function is subject to the following:
1. The Home Point is recorded when taking-off and cannot be refreshed during flight.
2. The aircraft takes off vertically (10 m).
When the aircraft is beyond 20m away from the Home Point, press the RTH button on the remote controller or tap the RTH button in the app, the aircraft will return to home, match with the image information from takeoff, move horizontally, or yaw to change its nose direction to achieve precision landing.
2018-2-23
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-23 03:19
Hi, actually, if the condition available, Precision Landing will also take effect when manual takeoff.
Precision Landing function is subject to the following:
1. The Home Point is recorded when taking-off and cannot be refreshed during flight.

Thanks for the clarification
2018-2-23
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Precision landing is now always enabled and cannot be turned off: Why do you even want to turn it off?
2018-2-23
Use props
PaoloM
lvl.2
Italy

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-2-23 05:32
Precision landing is now always enabled and cannot be turned off: Why do you even want to turn it off?

I did not want to turn it off... I was just worried about having a firmware od App glitch since i didm't see it in the menu like in the attached pic

Now it is clear that that option is no longer available in the app, but only in the auto take off and auto landing prompt.
2018-2-23
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

PaoloM Posted at 2018-2-23 05:38
I did not want to turn it off... I was just worried about having a firmware od App glitch since i didm't see it in the menu like in the attached pic

[view_image]

Now it is clear that that option is no longer available in the app, but only in the auto take off and auto landing prompt.

That seems perfectly logical to me. Why have a precision landing if you're landing manually?  Also precision landing can only be achieved if both  the landing spot (image) and coordinates are recorded.
2018-2-23
Use props
DrDisapatch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105377 ft
United States

Griffith Posted at 2018-2-23 06:23

That seems perfectly logical to me. Why have a precision landing if you're landing manually?  Also precision landing can only be achieved if both  the landing spot (image) and coordinates are recorded.

2018-2-23
Use props
IronDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75620 ft
United States

Griffith Posted at 2018-2-23 06:23

New Mavic Air pilot here...

Is there a way to determine that the landing spot (image) has been recorded sufficiently for a precision landing?  Any indicator or verbal message?

I have only been out flying once.  I was using a landing pad and it hit the pad perfectly a few times but missed it by a few feet a few others.  I have no problem manually flying and landing the drone (I took over when I saw it was going to miss the pad as the grass was a bit long) but was just trying to get used to some of its features.
2018-5-15
Use props
Drbangha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4783 ft
United States

IronDrone Posted at 2018-5-15 06:29
New Mavic Air pilot here...

Is there a way to determine that the landing spot (image) has been recorded sufficiently for a precision landing?  Any indicator or verbal message?

I’ve got the exact same issue- did you ever get this figured out?
2018-6-22
Use props
djiuser_Q5RoPUwPR7NQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4364 ft

United States

Wyke Posted at 2018-2-23 00:35
Precision landing is currently only available if you use Auto Take Off, presumably because if you manually take off you're deemed proficient enough to land

Oh, thanks for that explanation.
2021-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules