12Next >
3266 50 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shivamsharma
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2149 ft
Italy

Hi everyone, my Spark crashed about an hour back. I was flying it in outdoors in Italy, it had about 80% and was flying at H 22m & D 27m, there was no obstruction in flight path either. The propellers stopped moving and it dropped straight. It was on 'Tripod' mode. Can someone please suggest how can I escalate this to DJI team? I lost the drone for no fault of mine. There were no pending firmware updates either.
Flight log

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 4.03.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 4.03.06 PM.png
2018-2-22
Use props
Linny&HerSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

Use the instructions in this link to upload your flight log: http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/

Sorry this happened to you.
2018-2-22
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

I shed a tear for you :*(
2018-2-22
Use props
shivamsharma
lvl.1
Italy

Linny&HerSpark Posted at 2018-2-22 09:44
Use the instructions in this link to upload your flight log: http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/

Sorry this happened to you.

Here  you go: http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/NLP2KEXNIWISJ3HE4T66/#
2018-2-22
Use props
Raimenzio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237057 ft
Lithuania

You didn't pushed both sticks down, right?
2018-2-22
Use props
shivamsharma
lvl.1
Italy

Raimenzio Posted at 2018-2-22 10:56
You didn't pushed both sticks down, right?

Not that I remember, why?
2018-2-22
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
United States

There is a stick command to shut the motors down, but I don't think it's easy to do whilst flying?
2018-2-22
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

IT doesn't show stick commands at the end of the log... The only input he put in was down elevator.   Log looks perfect up until it just ends..   Possibly battery failure?  
2018-2-22
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Ouch... that does not look good... :/
2018-2-22
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was the battery still in it and it turned on when you got to it on the ground?
2018-2-22
Use props
shivamsharma
lvl.1
Italy

At the time of flight, battery was at 80%. The motor stopped running and it went flat down.

The battery was broken when I picked it up, the LEDs on battery are still blinking after 8 hours. Given the damage, it won’t fit in. Also, a little scared in case it blows up.   
2018-2-22
Use props
shivamsharma
lvl.1
Italy

I’d dropped a tweet to DJI Support, no reply from them yet
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Did you contact our support and start a case? If not, please contact them first through the link: http://www.dji.com/support Or you can tell me the case number so we can help you escalate it. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-22
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
China

Looks like another battery drop out , damn dji dangerous battery design
2018-2-22
Use props
shivamsharma
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-22 18:24
Hi, there. Did you contact our support and start a case? If not, please contact them first through the link: http://www.dji.com/support Or you can tell me the case number so we can help you escalate it. Thanks for your support.

I've raised a ticket with on your support page, I'll share the case number once I hear back. Thanks!
2018-2-22
Use props
shivamsharma
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-22 18:24

Here you go: 1003916
2018-2-22
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

At 22 meters height , this much damage, its against laws of physics !!.  I had my drone fall from 80 meters high 3 times may be 4 times  but still it works pretty well !  But of course each time the props were working in full upward  thrust as it fell .

Were you flying in SPORTS Mode while this happened.  Did you see a obstacle during your flight ?  On what ground surface material did it hit ?
2018-2-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-2-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to see that - hopefully you'll get a replacement soon.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your update. Please inform us if you have any doubt in the case.
2018-2-23
Use props
shivamsharma
lvl.1
Italy

S.J Posted at 2018-2-23 00:07
At 22 meters height , this much damage, its against laws of physics !!.  I had my drone fall from 80 meters high 3 times may be 4 times  but still it works pretty well !  But of course each time the props were working in full upward  thrust as it fell .

Were you flying in SPORTS Mode while this happened.  Did you see a obstacle during your flight ?  On what ground surface material did it hit ?

Hi SJ,
The drone dropped flat from 22m (That's about72ft) on a tarmac surface, try throwing your drone again from the 7th floor and we'll try to match the damage. As I mentioned, the propellers stopped moving at that height and it went straight down. In your case, props were working, that's the fundamental difference.

Also, as mentioned in my initial post, it was in Tripod mode with 0 obstacles.
2018-2-23
Use props
shivamsharma
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-23 02:49
Thanks for your update. Please inform us if you have any doubt in the case.

Sure thing!
2018-2-23
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Japan

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-23 01:52
Also if you tend to drop your drones from 80m often (as you stated) perhaps you should reconsider if this hobby is safe for you or those around you...

The fact that your drone felt from a higher altitude and had less damage is not a valid fact. 'Against the laws of physics' really? My mother in law defies the laws of physics every day...

We are not discussing about my case for a fall. We are discussing about somebody who doesn't know what to do after a fall !!
Try not to be clever but smart.  Always use commonsense while you provide a reply.
2018-2-23
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Japan

shivamsharma Posted at 2018-2-23 03:13
Hi SJ,
The drone dropped flat from 22m (That's about72ft) on a tarmac surface, try throwing your drone again from the 7th floor and we'll try to match the damage. As I mentioned, the propellers stopped moving at that height and it went straight down. In your case, props were working, that's the fundamental difference.

Hi Shivasharma,  
Try not to throw your drone from any floor. Always use a preflight checklist before you begin a  drone flight.
In your case instead of shedding more tears  , better approach your local  DJI dealer .
2018-2-23
Use props
jortiz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9383 ft
United States

Hello, I had a similar experience. Take a look to what happened to me a few weeks ago https://forum.dji.com/thread-137278-1-1.html
2018-2-24
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

jortiz Posted at 2018-2-24 09:52
Hello, I had a similar experience. Take a look to what happened to me a few weeks ago https://forum.dji.com/thread-137278-1-1.html

Wow, this is hot information.
Thank you for sharing your experience in the SPARK forum.

So a Phantom 4 pro or advanced can be brought down by a defective battery cable !! ( It reminds me of the movie  " Titanic ")
2018-2-24
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

jortiz Posted at 2018-2-24 09:52

Wow, this is hot information.
Thank you for sharing your experience in the SPARK forum.

So a Phantom 4 pro or advanced can be brought down by a defective battery cable !! ( It reminds me of the movie  " Titanic ")
2018-2-24
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Turn it in for DJI care refresh.  They will repair it or give you a refurbished drone.  The possibility of RC aircraft crashing is why we buy the insurance.  
2018-2-24
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-2-26
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Japan

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-26 23:32
I believe I gave you a quite educated reply based on facts not on assumptions. You are the one judging another's accident based on your own experiences. Last time I checked, clever and smart are not so far away. Perhaps you should listen to your own advises and not rush making conclusions while commenting on other people's issues with the Spark. In fact, during any computer simulation, the slightest of the parameters change can give a totally different result, use common sense as you stated and educate yourself before stating things like: "that is impossible, my drone fell from the stratosphere and didn't had a scratch, how can yours fall from your bed and be recked?" Well it can, it is called statistic probability (sorry I am being smart again. Or it is clever? I am confused...).

And you brought the fact that your drones dropped from +80m more than once so we are obviously discussing your experience after all... ;)

From your infamous reply, I understood that you have learned a very good lesson from me. Never try to bring out your unrealistic ideas to the forum again.
Be sure of what you want to speak and share only if you are sure about your experience.  This is a forum of SPARK pilots and not any mathematics session .
2018-2-28
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Thank you for your loss, contact DJi support, ask for your drone guarantee, the possibility is great that you receive another drone at no cost.
2018-2-28
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-2-28
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Japan

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-28 04:37
Little one you are totally delusional... from talking nonsense to teach a lesson there's a big strech of imagination. The only thing I've learned from you is as mark Twain said:

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

So you are telling me Mark Twain is as stupid as you are.  Thank God you didn't blame your family for your problems ))
2018-2-28
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

shivamsharma Posted at 2018-2-22 10:23
Here  you go: http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/NLP2KEXNIWISJ3HE4T66/#

Sorry to hear the damage to your drone. Hope DJI will come out with a favorable response.

Looking at your flight log, I couldn't find anything wrong (with my pea brain). It's like the AC suddenly lost power for whatever reason.

Looking forward to see the out come.
2018-2-28
Use props
djiuser_BYQNXrX0T9I9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

RobertWSimpson Posted at 2018-2-22 12:04
There is a stick command to shut the motors down, but I don't think it's easy to do whilst flying?

The CSC commands to shut down the motor do not work in fight on the Spark.  This was disabled a few updates ago.  

The only thing that seems to make sense is the battery fell out...however, he found the battery and it appears to have been in the Spark.
2018-3-1
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-3-1
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_BYQNXrX0T9I9 Posted at 2018-3-1 00:16
The CSC commands to shut down the motor do not work in fight on the Spark.  This was disabled a few updates ago.  

The only thing that seems to make sense is the battery fell out...however, he found the battery and it appears to have been in the Spark.

Ah good to know, thanks!
2018-3-1
Use props
SparkFun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 440499 ft
United States

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-26 23:32
I believe I gave you a quite educated reply based on facts not on assumptions. You are the one judging another's accident based on your own experiences. Last time I checked, clever and smart are not so far away. Perhaps you should listen to your own advises and not rush making conclusions while commenting on other people's issues with the Spark. In fact, during any computer simulation, the slightest of the parameters change can give a totally different result, use common sense as you stated and educate yourself before stating things like: "that is impossible, my drone fell from the stratosphere and didn't had a scratch, how can yours fall from your bed and be recked?" Well it can, it is called statistic probability (sorry I am being smart again. Or it is clever? I am confused...).

And you brought the fact that your drones dropped from +80m more than once so we are obviously discussing your experience after all... ;)

Leave the guy alone.
2018-3-1
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear about your spark and hope DJI support you in getting this resolved.
2018-3-1
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

El Diablo Posted at 2018-3-1 00:40
I am not the one dropping drones multiple times from +80m... are you sure you are not a 'limited edition'?

Also calling Mark Twain stupid summearized your IQ level pretty well... I believe that ties you up with a Jelly Fish. Congrats.

OMG !  you are now declaring that everybody else is a different type of jelly fish than you are and  that Mark Twain is as stupid as  you !!     What is it with the dead that fascinates you the most ?

This defintely requires you to head straight to a mental institution.
2018-3-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules