Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi,

I was thinking of buying 2 Crystalsky monitors for this years shoots.  But when I went to buy them on Amazon, a lot of people are reporting quality issues with the backlight.  Can anyone confirm if this is a legit issue?  Thank you.

https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Cryst ... keywords=crystalsky
2018-2-22
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I don’t think it was a quality issue but a bug in DJI Go 4. So far so good. No signs of getting hot after the update.
2018-2-23
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Forestjim Posted at 2018-2-23 02:01
I don’t think it was a quality issue but a bug in DJI Go 4. So far so good. No signs of getting hot after the update.

Yeah, but Marty  you have had  to send all your faulty Ultras back to have the panel replaced or the whole unit replaced, that has to be hardware right  ?

I am not sure it's only a software issue, but the software did contribute to extra load on the cpu etc.
We'll both tell Burlington films it's ok to buy one in 6mths  
2018-2-23
Use props
rosobot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73445 ft
Australia

The update didn't work for me or a friend. Both went yesterday...  I think the screen is great when it works but I can't trust it or rely on it so will be seeking a full refund.
2018-2-23
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The normal brightness models appear to be ok, my 5.5 has worked flawlessly for 5 months
2018-2-23
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

lannes Posted at 2018-2-23 03:14
Yeah, but Marty  you have had  to send all your faulty Ultras back to have the panel replaced or the whole unit replaced, that has to be hardware right  ?

I am not sure it's only a software issue, but the software did contribute to extra load on the cpu etc.

Yes.... good point.... I may have been a little hasty saying it maybe just a software issue.
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The CS should work properly in each condition. For those who have issues with Crystalsky, please kindly contact us and provide the details. You can also contact us via the online chat, here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support, thank you for your support.
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

rosobot Posted at 2018-2-23 18:21
The update didn't work for me or a friend. Both went yesterday...  I think the screen is great when it works but I can't trust it or rely on it so will be seeking a full refund.

Hi there, had you reported the issue to our support? Or would you mind providing us with the details? We would like to know and check. Thank you.
2018-2-25
Use props
rosobot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73445 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-25 23:44
Hi there, had you reported the issue to our support? Or would you mind providing us with the details? We would like to know and check. Thank you.

My second unit is getting replaced tomorrow.  Reported to the company I purchased it from and they have been dealing with DJI this time around as I won't impressed.  Hard to rely on the monitor as a commercial operator.  We will see how long the third one lasts.
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

rosobot Posted at 2018-2-26 20:16
My second unit is getting replaced tomorrow.  Reported to the company I purchased it from and they have been dealing with DJI this time around as I won't impressed.  Hard to rely on the monitor as a commercial operator.  We will see how long the third one lasts.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have the case number, please provide it to me, I would like to keep an eye on it. Hope the thing will be sorted out soon.
2018-2-27
Use props
sitka_rn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3107 ft
United States

I had a Crystalsky Ultra completely fail less than 90 days old. I am asking for a replacement as it was >$900 for the unit. I only used it a few times and it went "black". Started with the heating issues after one of the firmware updates...  The unit is in the hands of a repair technician. I cannot get a confirmation of why I do not automatically get a replacement with a "New" unit vs unknown refurbished unit  and batteries. I am also told that the original warranty only goes back to the original date of purchase  even if replaced... The warranty does not reset to the new date.    If DJI is so committed to their QA program...  The 12 months should start over when the new or replacement unit is received....   I would advise holding off until the known failure issues disappear from the forums. There is a growing issue of failures with these models
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules