European harmonisation of drone regulations 'en route' to the EC
7926 63 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-2-26 04:42
You are right that in the wrong hands it could definately raise havoc, and it has been raised in the risk assessments.
The focus has been on blunt trauma from impact to the head. Flying someone in the face has been mentioned as 'not being likely' due to the fact that people tend to shift or cover themselves with their hands if a drone comes spearing at them.
The

Well, thx for the clarification.
2018-2-26
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

achim1989 Posted at 2018-2-26 11:46
Well, thx for the clarification.

your welcome, I must say I'm glad with these opinions going to the EC. And hoping they'll say yes to the proposed categories.
2018-2-27
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

"European Parliament Votes in Favor of EASA Basic Regulation: “It’s a Good Day for the Drone Industry in Europe”

https://dronelife.com/2018/06/12 ... industry-in-europe/

On the 12th of june the EP consented with the proposed regulation which will regulate all recreational and business drone activities accros the European Memberstates.
Now it's off to the European ministers of the memberstates for final accordance, those ministers amended the EU to create these proposals, so lets hope there won't be to much problems before the whole regulation gets ratified and to be implemented in 2019.
2018-6-14
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just another reason why I dislike the EU. A one rule fits all does not work. I’m sick of the EU interfering in legislation.
2018-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-6-14 14:18
Just another reason why I dislike the EU. A one rule fits all does not work. I’m sick of the EU interfering in legislation.

It kind of amazes me when I hear this, I’m not to sure where this is coming from, this new set of rules for all of Europe was not made by bureaucrats or politicians, they were put together with EASA who your own aviation authority apply all their safety regulations.
There have been ongoing negotiations with all parties involved in unmanned aircraft flying and EASA to come up with a set of rules that would both encourage the flying and the safety of flying of drones freely throughout Europe in a safe manner, I attended seminars workshops over the last two years , our drone association here in Ireland put forward many proposals as did both organizations and general flyers commercial flyers throughout Europe, to help come up with a set of rules that would not in anyway penalize users of drone flying.

We will no longer have to find out what the rules are in Spain Italy Ireland UK etc, we will all fly under a set of rules and safety which is good for all drone flyers.

Would you be happy if UK manned pilots had different rules to Spanish pilots or would you like to think the safety in aviation was the same standard across Europe and the world. Because this is what these rules are about, and they are in the main no more strict than what we have already in different countries in Europe and a lot better than some countries have already.

The correct protocol to passing these rules just meant that a vote of ministers  of the European Parliament was needed for them to pass, and thank god they did.

Why would one rule not fit all when flying drones throughout Europe?
2018-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-6-14 12:04
"European Parliament Votes in Favor of EASA Basic Regulation: “It’s a Good Day for the Drone Industry in Europe”

I fully agree, this might give some clarity regarding flying in Europe, and much less interference by politicians.
2018-6-14
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-14 15:23
I fully agree, this might give some clarity regarding flying in Europe, and much less interference by politicians.

I think it will, not just for RPAS, but also for manned flight. The dronemarket is getting serious and drone use is geting more common with the day. So its best to regulate it upfront accross the whole of Europe, the skjes are getting busier, so everybody, including manned flight knows its here to stay and to be regarded with.
Sure, we have to registrar, have to take time to invest in knowledge about safety and our drones will have to get certified and be able to get tracked in the near future, but thats the only way to adulthood of the aviation.
There are many upsights, Manufacturers don't have to take different develop routes for each country, and can therefore develop faster and cheaper.
European memberstates also have to oblige to the new regultations of implementing NFZ's, so there is a great potential that there is not going to be proliferation of NFZ's.
And offcourse I can only encourage the fact that we can travel accross the whole of Europe without worying about different sets of rules in other memberstates, and maps of NFZ's of those memberstates will get easily findable.

We will get restricted in some ways, like the easily accesible recreation market will be <900 grams, but we'll be getting so much back in return there is no denying we'll all benefit.
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-6-14 12:04

This is excellent news indeed, thank you for sharing it!
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

One correction to your initial summary. The new regulation does not automatically require registration for Mavic Air or Mavic Pro. My guess is that registration will be limited to commercial use as it is already now e.g. in Germany. The Phantoms however, will definitely need to be registered for everyone because of their weight.
And we shall all get a new label that has to be visibly affixed to our aircrafts.

UAS Registration.JPG
C1 Label.JPG
2018-6-15
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 01:47
One correction to your initial summary. The new regulation does not automatically require registration for Mavic Air or Mavic Pro. My guess is that registration will be limited to commercial use as it is already now e.g. in Germany. The Phantoms however, will definitely need to be registered for everyone because of their weight.
And we shall all get a new label that has to be visibly affixed to our aircrafts.

Ah, good point Wachtberger. You are right, the UAS itself doesn't need registering, probably due to to the administrative hassle because operators could frequently change craft.The operator however, does need registering as drone operator by the looks of it.
2018-6-15
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

There is also the question, will drones, already on the market today, even get certified. UAS manufacturers get 3 years to get into compliance before crafts need to be certified.
I'm guessing that those 3 years will also count for current crafts in the air, and you may use them according to those new regulations.
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-6-15 02:27
Ah, good point Wachtberger. You are right, the UAS itself doesn't need registering, probably due to to the administrative hassle because operators could frequently change craft.The operator however, does need registering as drone operator by the looks of it.

Yes, this is also my understanding. But that can be made a rather simple procedure together with the mandatory online training and test.
2018-6-15
Use props
Reas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114895 ft
Denmark

Wow! I'm so glad to see that they actually might lighten up on the regulation!!
Pretty hyped
2018-6-15
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 02:54
Yes, this is also my understanding. But that can be made a rather simple procedure together with the mandatory online training and test.

"— to ensure an operation-centric, proportionate, risk- and performance-based regulatory framework for all UAS operations conducted in the open open and specific category;"   

Sounds proportionate to me ;)
2018-6-15
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Reas Posted at 2018-6-15 03:09
Wow! I'm so glad to see that they actually might lighten up on the regulation!!
Pretty hyped

How about them Belgians?

Currently restricted to 10 meters height on private property only
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-6-15 07:12
How about them Belgians?

Currently restricted to 10 meters height on private property only

Are you really sure about this? Personally I have never believed this story to be honest...
2018-6-15
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 11:50
Are you really sure about this? Personally I have never believed this story to be honest...

I know, it's hard to believe, but it's no story

https://mobilit.belgium.be/sites ... 01_drone_flying.pdf

Revelation of a Belgian drone flyer;
"I have been flying with model planes and helicopters for almost 30 years.
I have also been a quad copter for a year or 4 (a drone is something of the American army)
but thanks to the idiotic regulations in Belgium, it has been on the ground for more than a year.
the bad thing is that people who were in perfect order (ie I have license numbers and keep a logbook) are the victims, and that the persons who pose a danger still do not attract anything.

I hope that the legislation will be as soon as possible,
so that people no longer have to give an ordinary € 1000 to an organization that delivers a piece of paper to everyone who pays them, in order to comply with the 'legislation' they have written themselves.

it is currently cheaper in Belgium to get your Privat Pilot License theory than a 'brevet' for drone pilot. With your PPL you are allowed to fly with quads."

2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-6-15 12:05
I know, it's hard to believe, but it's no story

https://mobilit.belgium.be/sites ... 01_drone_flying.pdf

Unbelievable indeed! But what did Obelix say again, "Ils sont fo* les Belges" (sincere apologies to all my dear Belgian friends!)
2018-6-15
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EU sucks! What’s wrong with letting every country dictate its own legislation and guidelines? The landscape of Britain is not the same as another country in Europe or the rest of the world for that matter. Denser population, sky scrapers etc. Think it’s daft and frankly unconstitutional.
2018-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-6-15 13:17
EU sucks! What’s wrong with letting every country dictate its own legislation and guidelines? The landscape of Britain is not the same as another country in Europe or the rest of the world for that matter. Denser population, sky scrapers etc. Think it’s daft and frankly unconstitutional.

I can see how the brits now voted for Brexit, misinformation, these rules are made by EASA not EU how can you not understand that. It sounds that you think the rules in UK should be more severe considering high population and high rise buildings, and if that’s not the case why would you object to rules that are not curtailing your flying.

Unconstitutional give me a break how do you work that one out ?
They say 4 out 10 British citizens didn’t understand what they were voting for in the referendum, I can well believe that.
2018-6-15
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I knew exactly what I was voting but unfortunately this is not the platform for me to divulge. Let it be said though that if nothing else I voted for the return of sovereignty to the United Kingdom, something which has by stealth almost be eroded by the bent EU. To imply Brits didn’t know what they voted for is nonsense, the voted for change.
2018-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-6-15 14:06
I knew exactly what I was voting but unfortunately this is not the platform for me to divulge. Let it be said though that if nothing else I voted for the return of sovereignty to the United Kingdom, something which has by stealth almost be eroded by the bent EU. To imply Brits didn’t know what they voted for is nonsense, the voted for change.

For someone who didn’t want to discuss it that’s all you did.

Maybe you will answer what you mean regarding unconstitutional regarding EASA proposal being passed by the EU parliament?
2018-6-15
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s off topic almost and frankly I’d be here all night and likely the best part of  tomorrow also.
2018-6-15
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 12:34
Unbelievable indeed! But what did Obelix say again, "Ils sont fo* les Belges"  (sincere apologies to all my dear Belgian friends!)

I don't they'll care to much, they're probably to busy jumping for joy.
2018-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules