2719 12 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone else experienced their Phantom having pretty strong vibrations, through what seems to be the entire body, on take off and landing? I just got a refurbished one today and I took it out to test it and noticed it vibrating and wobbling a lot. More so when I land, but if I take off slowly, it also does it.

Check out the video and look closely and hopefully you will see what I mean, I havent tried to do an IMU calibration yet, but that is my next step, so I will post again later on and let you know if anything has changed.

2018-2-22
Use props
wangrincreations
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

What firmware version the drone has?
2018-2-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would expect to see some vibration whilst sitting on ground, not good to sit too long like that though these have been known to tip over trying to correct against a puff of wind or uneven ground.

A calibration won't do any harm though, and at least eliminates that when tracking down problems.

Do all props look intact, no chips or debris that might cause additional vibration ?

The calibrations I would do from scratch would be:-

1) Sensors (Using DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.2, or latest version), usually done just after update on Assistant 2.

2) IMU (level surface).  
Using the newer '3D' IMU calibration routine, my last two IMU calibrations have been done at about 20C ambient air temperature. The subsequent IMU warm up time when aircraft is first powered up and initialising does not seem to have been adversely affected, and warm up time is a few seconds at most.

3) Gimbal (just after IMU).

4) RC sticks (with aircraft off).

5) And compass (in an open area (not over steel reinforced concrete), away from ferrous materials or electromagnetic interference). Get one good calibration, and that should be all that is needed until informed by system or erratic flying that needs investigation. Note that any ferrous metals very close to legs (steel frame in desk, cutlery in kitchen drawer, windowsill strengthening etc) will generate a 'compass error', this does not mean compass needs recalibration, just move the aircraft away from source of interference.
2018-2-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I don't believe it is a problem, the motors are adjusting their speed in order to try and balance the aircraft and get it into the air, so some sympathetic resonance will occur. No action is necessary.
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Mr Smith, just to verify, does the issue only appear on take-off and landing? May I know what's the current aircraft, controller, and APP version? Have you checked the performance in the air? Please help us confirm, thanks!
2018-2-22
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There has already been a post about this. And there are many people haveing this problem. It is caused by new fw .300 . I had to sent in the drone for repair as cracks were discovered in enginearms. Luckily warranty. I received drone back with latest fw , fired it up and again ( this was the new drone) trembling motor arms. So i downgraded fw to .602 and vibration was gone . So i suggest downgrade and wait till next ( good) fw. Dji knows this issue already shortly after .300 fw came out. So i dont know why they keep asking the same questions , if its not happening in the air.  there are many reports already.
2018-2-22
Use props
Giorgos007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217218 ft
Greece

It is caused by new fw.0.300.many people having this problem.
2018-2-24
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The props are all warped and keep switching directions, get some new props...
2018-2-24
Use props
TriProt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2139150 ft
United States

pardon if this has been asked, but if it only happens on landing would it be best to catch it rather than land on a hard surface?
2018-2-24
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As other guys say, it could well be the firmware. I never take off from anything solid. I always put a car mat down. May be worth trying and see if the vibration is less.
2018-2-24
Use props
dronybaloney
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Handcatching is not recommended as this can cause even faster cracks. As mentonned before . This vibration upon half throttle up , upon take off and als upon landing when touching the ground is caused by the latest fw. I have downgraded fw to the one from june 2017 , .602 and the vibration is gone. I think dji is aware and working on it.
2018-2-24
Use props
TriProt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2139150 ft
United States

Thx for the clarification. I understand DJI is aware and hopefully working on it. The weather is just too nice right now not to be flying.
2018-2-24
Use props
djiuser_YfoPbsbfBNXW
lvl.1

Indonesia

currently I have the same thing the drone vibrates during take of and landing, I'm using the latest firmware 2020, and I can't go back to firmware 602 because dji has locked it ... I use the DJI Phantom 4 standard, you can see the video on my YouTube channel: Jordy Triguna
2021-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules