How to clean "hg300" folder in the DJI Go app?
2301 13 2018-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WalkingOnTheStreet
lvl.2
United States

DJI Question.JPG

I usually clean videoCache after transferred all footages daily, but I don't know how to clean hg300 storage folder. It seems all files accumulating in the folder and taking up iPhone's storage. All footages in the Album(DJI app) are deleted already but it still show there are files in the phone's storage. Any ideas?
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please tell me the model of your OSMO and provide me the version of your app. Thanks for your support.  
2018-2-23
Use props
WalkingOnTheStreet
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-23 00:26
Hi, there. Please tell me the model of your OSMO and provide me the version of your app. Thanks for your support.

I'm using OSMO Mobile2 and DJI GO APP version is v3.1.28(2861)
Let me know if you need more information. I'm using iPhone 8.
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

WalkingOnTheStreet Posted at 2018-2-24 18:16
I'm using OSMO Mobile2 and DJI GO APP version is v3.1.28(2861)
Let me know if you need more information. I'm using iPhone 8.

I would recommend you connect your phone with PC. Then enter itune to find the file, you can delete the original videos there.
2018-2-26
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-26 23:46
I would recommend you connect your phone with PC. Then enter itune to find the file, you can delete the original videos there.

I have been using this method to transfer my video files, but I have to copy the entire folder to my desktop of my Mac to access the files.  I am unable to open any of the folders in iTunes.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

dewarner Posted at 2018-2-27 04:28
I have been using this method to transfer my video files, but I have to copy the entire folder to my desktop of my Mac to access the files.  I am unable to open any of the folders in iTunes.

Please try to reinstall the ITunes or change a PC. Usually, the files can be opened and delete the doc if you don't need it.
2018-2-27
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-27 20:32
Please try to reinstall the ITunes or change a PC. Usually, the files can be opened and delete the doc if you don't need it.

I reinstalled iTunes and it still does not let me open folders in the "Shared" section.  I can not try it on my other Mac since it will completely erase my iPhone.
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

dewarner Posted at 2018-2-28 18:53
I reinstalled iTunes and it still does not let me open folders in the "Shared" section.  I can not try it on my other Mac since it will completely erase my iPhone.

Can you open other files in ITunes? If not, I would recommend you try to use other IOS device for test. Thanks for your update.
2018-3-1
Use props
WalkingOnTheStreet
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-26 23:46

Thank you for your response. If I delete the folder, will it be created again once I open the app? I don't want to mess up the app. Let me know if it is safe to delete.
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

WalkingOnTheStreet Posted at 2018-3-5 17:47
Thank you for your response. If I delete the folder, will it be created again once I open the app? I don't want to mess up the app. Let me know if it is safe to delete.

I would not recommend you do that. Please try to download ITool in the PC to delete the content of the files. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-5
Use props
WalkingOnTheStreet
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-5 20:34
I would not recommend you do that. Please try to download ITool in the PC to delete the content of the files. Thanks for your support.

I meant 'delete the folder in the iTunes in the PC'. Will 'hg300 storage folder' be created automatically on my iPhone when I start using DJI Go app?

Open iTunes in PC -> connect my iPhone -> File Sharing -> DJI Go App -> select hg300 storage -> delete

Will this affect DJI GO app next time when I open it? Hope this question is clear.
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

WalkingOnTheStreet Posted at 2018-3-5 21:22
I meant 'delete the folder in the iTunes in the PC'. Will 'hg300 storage folder' be created automatically on my iPhone when I start using DJI Go app?

Open iTunes in PC -> connect my iPhone -> File Sharing -> DJI Go App -> select hg300 storage -> delete

Please note that if you delete the file, it may make an influence on saving the photos and videos. Or you can try to reinstall the app and see if it works.
2018-3-6
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-1 01:00
Can you open other files in ITunes? If not, I would recommend you try to use other IOS device for test. Thanks for your update.

I used my iPad, and was also unable to open any of he folders in iTunes on my Mac.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

dewarner Posted at 2018-3-6 14:26
I used my iPad, and was also unable to open any of he folders in iTunes on my Mac.

Did you try to use another PC for check? Please provide a screenshot of the situation and I would forward it. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules