Mavic Air Max Motor Speed Reached
3376 14 2018-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb1d2612
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82812 ft
Philippines

My Mavic Air just crashed yesterday, but prior to that I got a warning that one of my motor reached its max speed, and then after a few seconds my MA fell from the sky just like a shooting star. One of the antenna was damaged and now it has an error (ESC error) and can't take off. Is this still covered with warranty? I have it less than a week.
2018-2-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Best to contact DJI Support, ship it back and they will do a diagnostic evaluation to identify the cause - if deemed as a defective unit they should ship you back a brand new one.
2018-2-23
Use props
inverter
lvl.1
Philippines

A CW Posted at 2018-2-23 03:13
Best to contact DJI Support, ship it back and they will do a diagnostic evaluation to identify the cause - if deemed as a defective unit they should ship you back a brand new one.

Yeah, I hope so. I still have the logs on my app with videos on it. The sad thing is, this is from a hard earned money, and this just happened.
2018-2-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

inverter Posted at 2018-2-23 04:18
Yeah, I hope so. I still have the logs on my app with videos on it. The sad thing is, this is from a hard earned money, and this just happened.

To me this looks quite much to be a warranty case. I wish you good luck and please keep us briefed on the outcome!
2018-2-23
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

Sounds like a prop fell off so max motor speed reached. Does your wreck still have all the props attached?

* hex *
2018-2-23
Use props
inverter
lvl.1
Philippines

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-23 04:35
To me this looks quite much to be a warranty case. I wish you good luck and please keep us briefed on the outcome!

Will do, I already talked to online support and advised me to send the unit back to China for checking and possible warranty claim. I have Spark before and I never encountered any issues with it, this is the first I encountered such issue.

In addition to that, I also noticed that the range of MA is not that good compared with the Spark. My Spark can go up to 2Km, while my MA now can't make it even beyond 300m, after that, the video signal is lost and my aircraft is disconnected.
2018-2-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

inverter Posted at 2018-2-23 04:58
Will do, I already talked to online support and advised me to send the unit back to China for checking and possible warranty claim. I have Spark before and I never encountered any issues with it, this is the first I encountered such issue.

In addition to that, I also noticed that the range of MA is not that good compared with the Spark. My Spark can go up to 2Km, while my MA now can't make it even beyond 300m, after that, the video signal is lost and my aircraft is disconnected.

Have you tried switching the channels to get a better range?
2018-2-23
Use props
inverter
lvl.1
Philippines

Hexacopter Posted at 2018-2-23 04:52
Sounds like a prop fell off so max motor speed reached. Does your wreck still have all the props attached?

* hex *

One prop is damaged, the rest are ok. I also realized that what happened is extremely dangerous for people nearby that got hit by a falling MA. .
2018-2-23
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Have you been flying in sports-mode?
2018-2-23
Use props
inverter
lvl.1
Philippines

Nope, and the aircraft is just flying over head, which is fortunately a good thing since I didn't have a hard time tracing where it fell.
2018-2-23
Use props
inverter
lvl.1
Philippines

2018-2-23
Use props
inverter
lvl.1
Philippines

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-23 05:04
Have you tried switching the channels to get a better range?

I did, from all channels of 2.4 and 5.8 freq gives me unstable connection. My spark connection is much more reliable compared with this one.
2018-2-23
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

It seemed to stabalize itself as it fell but it reached a descent rate of 27 m/s so it was in free fall.  Very odd.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry for your crash. Please contact our support to start a ticket or contact the dealer and send your drone in, we will help to make data analysis for this crash, if it's a warranty case, we will get your drone repaired with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-24
Use props
inverter
lvl.1
Philippines

I will. Here are the additional pictures.

2018-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules