Failing to transfer files from DJI go to IOS camera
6900 33 2018-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi, purchased a Osmo mobile 2 a couple of days ago; installed DJI go app twice to be sure. Using iPhone 7 with IOS 11.2.6
Failing to move pics/vids to iPhone (camera app) for processing (with iMovie etc), DJI-app indicating «failed to save file»

When on the road, I want to have my pics/vids on "camera"-app, from where the content is automatically transferred and saved to cloud...

DJI support sucks....these guys don't seem to know much about IOS and OSX, as they keep on taliking about Android and Windows...hopeless.

Anyone out there to help?

2018-2-23
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, or tried this, but here goes.  I use an iPhone 8+ with my Osmo Mobile.  In order to move my photos/videos from where they are auto stored (on the app) to my phone, I have to hit the small right facing arrow on the app while I'm connected and the Osmo turned on.  It then takes me to the images that are stored on that app, and gives me the option to move them to the phone.  I couldn't tell if you'd tried that or not.  Hope this helps.
2018-2-23
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-23 09:42
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, or tried this, but here goes.  I use an iPhone 8+ with my Osmo Mobile.  In order to move my photos/videos from where they are auto stored (on the app) to my phone, I have to hit the small right facing arrow on the app while I'm connected and the Osmo turned on.  It then takes me to the images that are stored on that app, and gives me the option to move them to the phone.  I couldn't tell if you'd tried that or not.  Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your endeavour to help. The routine you describe is exactly what I did and failed, Upon hitting the button "Save to your device" I am being notified "Failed to save file".
The problem seems to be that DJI go -app for some reason fails to connect with the Camera-app of my iPhone.   
There is a very complicated work-around: Connecting my iPhone with my Mac, open iTunes > connect with the Phone > open DJI app and move the file "VideoCache" to my desktop; it contains the video as .mp4, which I can then process in iMovie etc.
But hey.....we're in 2018!
Most annoying is the lack of DJI support, besides of sending them mails describing the prob in detail, I also talked to 5 different guys on the phone.....none was familiar with IOS and OSX.  
2018-2-23
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i Posted at 2018-2-23 10:19
Thank you very much for your endeavour to help. The routine you describe is exactly what I did and failed, Upon hitting the button "Save to your device" I am being notified "Failed to save file".
The problem seems to be that DJI go -app for some reason fails to connect with the Camera-app of my iPhone.   
There is a very complicated work-around: Connecting my iPhone with my Mac, open iTunes > connect with the Phone > open DJI app and move the file "VideoCache" to my desktop; it contains the video as .mp4, which I can then process in iMovie etc.

Well, I'm glad to hear that you at least DO have a way to get the images, but you're right - that sounds like a pain.  Another thing to check:  Try a different iPhone.  See if someone will let you borrow theirs and add the app (temporarily, of course).  Also, have you tried downloading just one small video or photo?  That might indicate it to be a memory or transfer problem?
2018-2-23
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-23 11:03
Well, I'm glad to hear that you at least DO have a way to get the images, but you're right - that sounds like a pain.  Another thing to check:  Try a different iPhone.  See if someone will let you borrow theirs and add the app (temporarily, of course).  Also, have you tried downloading just one small video or photo?  That might indicate it to be a memory or transfer problem?

Thanks again. I intend to visit my neighbourhood Apple store, perhaps we can try it with another iPhone there. As for space: (a) I have a 65GB empty space on my phone....and (b) the trial video-clip is only tiny...some 25MB.
Also checked all IOS settings on the iPhone, everything is "green", meaning there is no setting that would prevent a discourse between DJI go-app and the phone.

2018-2-23
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you check the Apple Settings app DJI GO-Photos is set to Read and Write?
2018-2-23
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

My iPhone DJI Go setting does not offer any Read and Write option, just "Camera on<>off (hope my upload JPG above succeeded) Camera is "on"
Am I misunderstanding something?
2018-2-23
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i Posted at 2018-2-23 13:43
[view_image]

My iPhone DJI Go setting does not offer any Read and Write option, just "Camera onoff (hope my upload JPG above succeeded) Camera is "on"
I have a feeling that it is a permissions thing with iOS.  I would delete the DJI GO app, restart your iOS device and then re-install the DJI GO app making sure that you answer yes when asked for permission to access the photos.
This is what I see.

IMG_0852.jpeg
2018-2-23
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi BobWinNV
reinstalled app and restarted.....nothing changed – don't have that Photo-icon on my setting screen, as per your screenshot.
However I am now finally able to use "share" to transfer a pic/vid via Airdrop to my Mac or to send it to my cloud. Such sharing and transfer was not possible before and is definitely a big step forward, thank you so much. I will of course still pursue my search to obtain full functionality, but the file-transfer option is OK.
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i Posted at 2018-2-23 11:17
Thanks again. I intend to visit my neighbourhood Apple store, perhaps we can try it with another iPhone there. As for space: (a) I have a 65GB empty space on my phone....and (b) the trial video-clip is only tiny...some 25MB.
Also checked all IOS settings on the iPhone, everything is "green", meaning there is no setting that would prevent a discourse between DJI go-app and the phone.

Sorry for the trouble it brings. Please tell me the version of your app and the firmware of your OSMO. I would recommend you provide a screenshot of the message. I would forward this situation for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-24
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

@ DJI Elektra
DJI GO v.3.1.28 (2861). Have no idea where to find OSMA firmware version.

2018-2-24
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i Posted at 2018-2-24 00:05
Hi BobWinNV
reinstalled app and restarted.....nothing changed – don't have that Photo-icon on my setting screen, as per your screenshot.
However I am now finally able to use "share" to transfer a pic/vid via Airdrop to my Mac or to send it to my cloud. Such sharing and transfer was not possible before and is definitely a big step forward, thank you so much. I will of course still pursue my search to obtain full functionality, but the file-transfer option is OK.

Try to reinstall the DJI GO app again but this time delete it, then restart your iPhone before reinstalling the DJI GO app.  I think that you need to get the DJI GO memory space totally wiped before you will be asked if you want to use photos again.  I believe that DJI did not code the photo permissions correctly and only check the first time that the app is run.

I am glad that you at least use share to transfer your work now.
2018-2-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i Posted at 2018-2-24 00:23
@ DJI Elektra
DJI GO v.3.1.28 (2861). Have no idea where to find OSMA firmware version.
[view_image] [view_image]  [view_image]

If you want Electra to reply to your message, click 'Reply' below her message. That way she will get a notification.
2018-2-24
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-24 00:07
Sorry for the trouble it brings. Please tell me the version of your app and the firmware of your OSMO. I would recommend you provide a screenshot of the message. I would forward this situation for further check. Thanks for your support.

Thanks Electra, please reply and help.
2018-2-24
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

@BobWinNV
Completely erased and then re-installed DJI GO, (for the 7th time by now), then restarted iPhone, as you suggested .........same issue ☹️
2018-2-25
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

Thanks, @djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
Completely erased and then re-installed DJI GO, (for the 7th time by now), then restarted iPhone, as you suggested .........same issue ☹️
2018-2-25
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i Posted at 2018-2-25 04:01

No, Delete DJI GO app, restart iPhone and lastly reinstall DJI GO app.

2018-2-25
Use props
c.grex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4751 ft
United Kingdom

I think one of the obvious things to try here and that is a restore of your iphone. I have the same set up (but a 7 Plus) and don't have any issues transfering. Maybe restoring your iphone from a back up will clear any hidden files that are causing the confilt?
2018-2-25
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

@BobWinNV + @c.grex

done both your recommendations....both failed.....
:-(
2018-2-26
Use props
c.grex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4751 ft
United Kingdom

What if you try it with a fresh install of IOS? This will then prove it is a IOS issue with your install of it.
2018-2-26
Use props
Jack11
New

United States

Download latest version & get 8 ball pool hack apk unlimited coins and cash for free.
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i Posted at 2018-2-24 12:23
Thanks Electra, please reply and help.

Thanks for your patience. The situation will be forwarded. Please wait patiently.
2018-2-26
Use props
waterironbro
lvl.3
Hong Kong

From the pictures you uploaded, you tried to download the pictures from the Editor Interface but failed, I suggest you to download them from the LIBRARY. You should try this.
2018-2-27
Use props
leverkusen188
New

Hong Kong

djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i Posted at 2018-2-25 04:01

Resolution of the video?
It seems IOS have a issue of saving 4K video.
2018-2-27
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

leverkusen188 Posted at 2018-2-27 04:54
Resolution of the video?
It seems IOS have a issue of saving 4K video.

Thanks. I've taken trial vids at std. lower resolution.....
2018-2-27
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

waterironbro Posted at 2018-2-27 04:43
From the pictures you uploaded, you tried to download the pictures from the Editor Interface but failed, I suggest you to download them from the LIBRARY. You should try this.

Thanks for your suggestion.  How do I download from library?
2018-2-27
Use props
waterironbro
lvl.3
Hong Kong

djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i Posted at 2018-2-27 04:59
Thanks for your suggestion.  How do I download from library?

2018-2-27
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

@waterironbro thanks. It seems that we are having totally different devices.....I don't see that marked blue symbol on mine anywhere. :-(
2018-2-28
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

My yesterday's post has mysteriously disappeared on this thread, so let me put it back:

Thank you, everybody, for your advise and contribution.

This is what I did:
        •        Factory-restore iPhone
        •        upload DJI Go and connect OM2
        •        shoot a test-video…..
        •        transfer via DJI Editor WORKS       
        •        Re-install my apps from back-up
        •        do all the settings, scans of Touch-fingerprints, credit-cards etc.etc.
        •        Open DJI GO and start OM2
        •        OM2 fails to connect with app (in spite that iPhone is connected to OM2)
        •        Restart iPhone, no connection between app and OM2
        •        Remove DJI Go app from iPhone and reload it from app store
        •        Connection works, but red button to start video-record does no function
        •        Manually taken video does not transfer via DJI Editor

Start from scratch
        •        Factory-restore iPhone
        •        upload DJI Go and connect OSMO Mobile 2
        •        shoot a test-video…..
        •        transfer via DJI Editor WORKS
        •        Re-install my apps from an older back-up (done before purchase of OSMO)
        •        do all the settings, scans of touch-fingerprints, credit-cards etc.etc.
        •        Open DJI GO and start OM2, all connections work
        •        shoot a test video
        •        transfer via DJI Editor does NOT WORK (Failed to save…)

Lastly I followed one forum-advise which also mysteriously disappeared (the person experienced the same problems) to un-connect and then reconnect OM2 five times from my phones bluetooth....didn't work.

An entire day wasted.

I bought the OM2 at the Apple store and I will return it for a replacement. Will resume posting after receipt of the new unit.
2018-2-28
Use props
djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i
lvl.1

Switzerland

Problem solved

Went to Apple Store in order to return my OM2; was lucky to talk to a really caring/competent Genius familiar with DJI and the frustrations with their firmwares.
Sitting together for a good two hours, we came to the point of giving up, when he randomly checked the access of the Instagram app to PHOTOS.
Half a year ago I registered with Instagram but decided that I was not interested to actively use this app. Hence I denied it access to my PHOTOS library at the time..
This seemingly unrelated setting has caused to block DJI’s access to PHOTOS as well. To our utter surprise, DJI GO app finally showed the read/write option after granting Instagram access to PHOTOS,
With that, the privacy setting > PHOTOS, –which previously was empty–, now listed  both, the Instagram and the DJI Go app as accessible to read/write and I could set Instagram’s back to «never».
A quick function-test of DJI GO confirmed that now the transfer of pics/vids files to IOS CAMERA works without problem.

I refrain from speculating on who’s responsible for this software flaw, but the consistently bad ratings of the DJI GO apps is an indicator.

Left the Apple Store happily with my OM2 tightly buckled under my arm.
To all contributors in this thread: Thank you!  

2018-2-28
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FDDOwgiZsO3i Posted at 2018-2-28 12:23
Problem solved

Went to Apple Store in order to return my OM2; was lucky to talk to a really caring/competent Genius familiar with DJI and the frustrations with their firmwares.

Great News!

Hopefully, both Apple and DJI take a good hard look at how the permissions were implemented.
2018-2-28
Use props
fans3cfda651
New
Flight distance : 28645 ft
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-23 09:42
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, or tried this, but here goes.  I use an iPhone 8+ with my Osmo Mobile.  In order to move my photos/videos from where they are auto stored (on the app) to my phone, I have to hit the small right facing arrow on the app while I'm connected and the Osmo turned on.  It then takes me to the images that are stored on that app, and gives me the option to move them to the phone.  I couldn't tell if you'd tried that or not.  Hope this helps.

I've done exactly that and I get the following message pop up:

Cannot access local media library due to Privacy Settings!

This has me stymied as I don't know of any privacy settings.

2018-3-1
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

I did a google search on iPhone privacy settings.  Lots of responses, but this one looked pretty good.  Give it a try and let us know if this improves things for ya:
https://www.imore.com/how-manage-privacy-settings-iphone-and-ipad
2018-3-1
Use props
Wrenny1969
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23366 ft
United Kingdom

Happy ending
2018-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now