Mavic Pro Firmware update continues to fail - error code 0x020103
4868 35 2018-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1835301c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have been trying multiple times to update my Mavic Pro through both DJI Go 4 as well as DJI Assistant 2. It leads up to around 92% before telling me there is an error and gives me the code 0x020103. While I can still fly the Mavic Pro I am unable to use the camera and believe this is as a result of not having completed the update, as this has been a problem eversince the update was first released.

Help please
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please provide me with your DJI email account, I would like to forward a beta to try regarding this issue.
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Got your PM and the beta had forwarded. Please refer to the steps below to upgrade it via the DJI Assistant 2 again.1. Log into your DJI account.
2. Upgrade the firmware V 01.03.0813.
3. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to the latest version, see if it works.

2018-2-24
Use props
air21
lvl.1
Finland

I have got same error (0x020103) so many times. RC is ok , but drone is not. Trying upgrade via Assistant 2 (v.1.2.3) both win10 and Mac laptop, with "rec" or not. No help...?!?
2018-5-2
Use props
air21
lvl.1
Finland

Any Administrator online?
2018-5-3
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

air21 Posted at 2018-5-3 03:15
Any Administrator online?

hit the reply on the admin message so they get notified
2018-5-3
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-24 04:08
Got your PM and the beta had forwarded. Please refer to the steps below to upgrade it via the DJI Assistant 2 again.1. Log into your DJI account.
3. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to the latest version, see if it works.

Like This. Thor, please bring your superpowers
2018-5-3
Use props
air21
lvl.1
Finland

CuaC Posted at 2018-5-3 03:23
Like This. Thor, please bring your superpowers

Thanks for the tip
2018-5-3
Use props
air21
lvl.1
Finland

3. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to the latest version, see if it works.

Hi, can I have that beta sw? I have same (0x020106) error.
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

air21 Posted at 2018-5-3 03:41
Hi, can I have that beta sw? I have same (0x020106) error.

Yes, beta forwarded, please do refer to the steps I mentioned on 3#. See if it works.
2018-5-3
Use props
Mavic_NC
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-3 22:07
Yes, beta forwarded, please do refer to the steps I mentioned on 3#. See if it works.

Thor, I am new here and having issues. I couldn’t uprgrade the firmware and have no camera function and black screen.  I finally got it to up grade to the newest firmware, camera worked one time, then wouldn’t work again!  Help please!
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mavic_NC Posted at 2018-7-10 18:04
Thor, I am new here and having issues. I couldn’t uprgrade the firmware and have no camera function and black screen.  I finally got it to up grade to the newest firmware, camera worked one time, then wouldn’t work again!  Help please!

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, I would like to ask what specific aircraft do you have? Did you encounter any kind of error message under the application? Would it be possible if you can provide a screen-shot of the issue?
2018-7-11
Use props
Mavic_NC
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-11 16:25
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, I would like to ask what specific aircraft do you have? Did you encounter any kind of error message under the application? Would it be possible if you can provide a screen-shot of the issue?

Thank you for your reply.  I have a Mavic Pro.  I had error codes about the firmware update when I was trying to upgrade the firmware, but none after the firmware upgrade finally went through.  I have no error codes or warning about the camera.  I checked all the things people have posted about checking as far as the camera goes and reset camera settings and formatted SD card.  Just a black screen on my display where there should be an image from the camera.  It makes camera shutter sounds but that is the extent of camera function.  Does not save any images after the shutter sound.
2018-7-11
Use props
Mavic_NC
lvl.1

United States

Mavic_NC Posted at 2018-7-11 16:52
Thank you for your reply.  I have a Mavic Pro.  I had error codes about the firmware update when I was trying to upgrade the firmware, but none after the firmware upgrade finally went through.  I have no error codes or warning about the camera.  I checked all the things people have posted about checking as far as the camera goes and reset camera settings and formatted SD card.  Just a black screen on my display where there should be an image from the camera.  It makes camera shutter sounds but that is the extent of camera function.  Does not save any images after the shutter sound.

Is this why people are so frustrated with the performance of DJI?  No response about their issues?  I know I have spent a lot on something that does not work properly.  How about hep with my issues?!
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mavic_NC Posted at 2018-7-13 05:42
Is this why people are so frustrated with the performance of DJI?  No response about their issues?  I know I have spent a lot on something that does not work properly.  How about hep with my issues?!

Sorry for the delay, for your case, please help to confirm if the firmware has been updated successfully. Please go to General Settings, About then provide me with the screenshot of it, the latest firmware is v01.04.0400 for your reference.
Besides, please also provide us with the screenshot on the DJI GO 4 app, tell us the mobile device and DJI GO 4 version you are using for further confirmation.
At this moment, if you haven't tried to relink the RC and AC, I would suggest that you give it a try.
2018-7-13
Use props
Mavic_NC
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-7-13 23:48
Sorry for the delay, for your case, please help to confirm if the firmware has been updated successfully. Please go to General Settings, About then provide me with the screenshot of it, the latest firmware is v01.04.0400 for your reference.
Besides, please also provide us with the screenshot on the DJI GO 4 app, tell us the mobile device and DJI GO 4 version you are using for further confirmation.
At this moment, if you haven't tried to relink the RC and AC, I would suggest that you give it a try. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YErW2FYTqs&index=9&t=1s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX

Thank you for your reply.  I will do that when I get back to the Mavic again and see how it goes.
2018-7-14
Use props
sem2022
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29698 ft

Norway

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-3 22:07
Yes, beta forwarded, please do refer to the steps I mentioned on 3#. See if it works.

Hi, I have tried several times with different tablets, PC/Assistant2 and cables to update my Mavic Pro from AC 01.03.0500 and RC 01.0.3.0600. The RC updated fine to 01.04.0400 but the AC is stucked on 01.03.0500 (one of the pre 01.04.0000 versions). I got the 0x020106 error or 0x020103 or other errors depending on the upgrade setup. Could i get the beta firmware available om my account sema2022@online.no ?
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

sem2022 Posted at 2018-7-19 13:14
Hi, I have tried several times with different tablets, PC/Assistant2 and cables to update my Mavic Pro from AC 01.03.0500 and RC 01.0.3.0600. The RC updated fine to 01.04.0400 but the AC is stucked on 01.03.0500 (one of the pre 01.04.0000 versions). I got the 0x020106 error or 0x020103 or other errors depending on the upgrade setup. Could i get the beta firmware available om my account  ?

Hi Sem, I had forwarded the beta firmware to your DJI account. Please refer to the steps below to upgrade it via the DJI Assistant 2 again.
1. Log into your DJI account.
3. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to the latest version. See if it works.
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mavic_NC Posted at 2018-7-14 18:07
Thank you for your reply.  I will do that when I get back to the Mavic again and see how it goes.

Sorry for the delay, please keep us updated if the issue persists, you can also contact us at http://www.dji.com/support, thank you.
2018-7-20
Use props
LostKaos
lvl.1

Panama

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-24 00:26
Hi there, please provide me with your DJI email account, I would like to forward a beta to try regarding this issue.

I have the same problem that you could help me please
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

LostKaos Posted at 2018-7-25 07:29
I have the same problem that you could help me please

You are using the Mavic Pro, right? Could you please provide me with the specific error message after the update failed and the current firmware you have? I will help to confirm first.
2018-7-25
Use props
LostKaos
lvl.1

Panama

It's something very strange and I do not send the pending update message. in no time the successful actaulizacion. the camera still does not work despite the fact that the drone has not suffered any blow
DB67DA02-5844-400D-A8D8-62E03C8257B8.jpeg
2018-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

LostKaos Posted at 2018-7-27 16:28
It's something very strange and I do not send the pending update message. in no time the successful actaulizacion. the camera still does not work despite the fact that the drone has not suffered any blow

Have you a formatted SD card in the Aircraft, the record button indicates there is no SD card ?

Edit:- Also, try tapping on the 'padlock icon' at top right of screen to unlock the automatic exposure.

I would also try going into camera settings and use the 'reset camera settings' to set all to their default values.

Tap on the 'slider icon' just below the record button, then select the 'cog wheel' tab, then scroll right to the bottom of menu. You should see the reset option there.
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LostKaos Posted at 2018-7-27 16:28

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, may I know where did you purchase the unit? is this the first time you encounter this issue? do you have a spare of SD card? I would recommend downloading the DJI Assistant 2 as well and restore factory defaults the aircraft then refresh the firmware to see if there will be changes. Kindly see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2018-7-28
Use props
henchMedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1513330 ft
United States

Hi, I have the same issue with my P4P (error code 0x020103) Can I get some help from you, DJI? Thanks!
-Brian
2018-8-24
Use props
H.Giunio
lvl.1

Chile

Hello Thor, I have the same problem, can I have the beta too? I tried downgrading, reseting to factory ... nothing works, I can still fly but no feed from the camera nor can I move the camera.
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

H.Giunio Posted at 2018-10-19 07:10
Hello Thor, I have the same problem, can I have the beta too? I tried downgrading, reseting to factory ... nothing works, I can still fly but no feed from the camera nor can I move the camera.

Hi H.Giunio, just to verify, may I know which drone are you using and the current firmware of it? Please check the firmware version on DJI GO 4 (General Settings > About) when the drone is connected. Look forward to your reply.
2018-10-19
Use props
H.Giunio
lvl.1

Chile

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-19 20:58
Hi H.Giunio, just to verify, may I know which drone are you using and the current firmware of it? Please check the firmware version on DJI GO 4 (General Settings > About) when the drone is connected. Look forward to your reply.

I have a Mavic Pro for about two month, this is the first firmware update I make and it gives a failure everytime. I tried first on my tablet connected to the Remote Control (RC) and linked to the aircraft (AC), then with my phone, then on both a macbook laptop and a windows PC connecting only the AC or both RC and AC but it always gives back the same failure notice. I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4 under firmware update it says my current firmware is 1.04.0400, I try to update to 1.04.0500 it downloads to 100% then goes to transmitting to 100% but on the updating screen it reaches 40% and then the AC reboots and after a minute or so the failure appears. It reads "undefined 0x020104" (picture 1).
I can still link the RC to the AC and I can lift off and fly, but I get no video feed back, I cannot move the camera, it also says "no SD card" although there is an SD card inserted. On the screen of the DJI Go 4 app appears the message "codificator error 0x800000" (picture 2). Please I need urgent help.

2018-10-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

H.Giunio Posted at 2018-10-20 04:39
I have a Mavic Pro for about two month, this is the first firmware update I make and it gives a failure everytime. I tried first on my tablet connected to the Remote Control (RC) and linked to the aircraft (AC), then with my phone, then on both a macbook laptop and a windows PC connecting only the AC or both RC and AC but it always gives back the same failure notice. I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4 under firmware update it says my current firmware is 1.04.0400, I try to update to 1.04.0500 it downloads to 100% then goes to transmitting to 100% but on the updating screen it reaches 40% and then the AC reboots and after a minute or so the failure appears. It reads "undefined 0x020104" (picture 1).
I can still link the RC to the AC and I can lift off and fly, but I get no video feed back, I cannot move the camera, it also says "no SD card" although there is an SD card inserted. On the screen of the DJI Go 4 app appears the message "codificator error 0x800000" (picture 2). Please I need urgent help.
[view_image]

Thank you for getting back, after checking your details and the pictures, you may need to send the drone in for service. Please kindly contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. Or you can find the recommended repair center at https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers. Thank you.
2018-10-21
Use props
H.Giunio
lvl.1

Chile

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-21 23:28
Thank you for getting back, after checking your details and the pictures, you may need to send the drone in for service. Please kindly contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. Or you can find the recommended repair center at https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers. Thank you.

So the beta firmware wouldn´t help my case?  Wouldn´t it be worth to try?  It seems to be the exact same issues that the other guys experienced...

I bought the drone with the dji care refresh in case I had a crash but this is purely a software issue, I was flying just fine in the morning that same day I tried that damned firmware update, and here in Chile there are no Authorized service centers only recommended repair center where I would loose the warranty, so I would prefer to exhaust any alternative option
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

H.Giunio Posted at 2018-10-22 05:20
So the beta firmware wouldn´t help my case?  Wouldn´t it be worth to try?  It seems to be the exact same issues that the other guys experienced...

I bought the drone with the dji care refresh in case I had a crash but this is purely a software issue, I was flying just fine in the morning that same day I tried that damned firmware update, and here in Chile there are no Authorized service centers only recommended repair center where I would loose the warranty, so I would prefer to exhaust any alternative option

The beta firmware may not help your case as the current firmware is v1.04.0400, and there is an air encoder error on the app. If you would like, I can help to forward the beta for you to try, but I can't ensure that can help to solve the issue, please leave me your DJI account if you would like to try.
May I know where did you purchase the drone? It is true that repairing the drone in the recommended repair center, the warranty responsibility will transfer to the Recommended Service Center for any products they repair. If it is convenient, you may send it to repair when you are back to where you purchased the drone. Sorry for the troubles.
2018-10-23
Use props
H.Giunio
lvl.1

Chile

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-23 01:06
The beta firmware may not help your case as the current firmware is v1.04.0400, and there is an air encoder error on the app. If you would like, I can help to forward the beta for you to try, but I can't ensure that can help to solve the issue, please leave me your DJI account if you would like to try.
May I know where did you purchase the drone? It is true that repairing the drone in the recommended repair center, the warranty responsibility will transfer to the Recommended Service Center for any products they repair. If it is convenient, you may send it to repair when you are back to where you purchased the drone. Sorry for the troubles.

Hi, I sent you a PM with my DJI account.

I bought my mavic pro while I was on vacation in the US, I bought it online from a store called "B & H Photo and Video" from New York.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

H.Giunio Posted at 2018-10-23 12:14
Hi, I sent you a PM with my DJI account.

I bought my mavic pro while I was on vacation in the US, I bought it online from a store called "B & H Photo and Video" from New York.

Thanks for getting back, I had received your PM and replied. Please check.
As you purchased the drone in the US, if the beta couldn't help to solve the issue and your drone is within the warranty period, you may need to send it back to the US repair center for applying the warranty service.
In case needed, please contact our support for a further help if you need to send it in http://www.dji.com/support, thank you.
2018-10-23
Use props
djiuser_3wRLFMf1bFBz
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-24 00:26

Hi Thor, i am having all of the exact same issues with my Mavic pro as the aforementioned user. Everything is the same with me and my problem code is 020103 as well. Will you please help with the beta software.
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_3wRLFMf1bFBz Posted at 4-28 09:46
Hi Thor, i am having all of the exact same issues with my Mavic pro as the aforementioned user. Everything is the same with me and my problem code is 020103 as well. Will you please help with the beta software.

Hi there, may I know the current firmware version of your drone?
2020-4-30
Use props
fans17e325c6
New

United States

Hey,

I have the same error code on my mavic pro. Can you please send me the file to fix. Thank you!
2021-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules