2188 7 2018-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4350712 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi, I started to use the edit feature of DJI GO 4 in particular because it propose some free music to use.
I'm using it on Ipad (mini ' and Pro) and the video produced has a sound quality not as good as when listening when in edit mode. Same for the video produced, it seem very compressed and with much lower quality than the original.
Is there a way to set the quality level of the output ?

Thanks in advance

2018-2-23
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

skypixel seems to compress to one level below what you filmed in with a max at 1080p. ie if you film in 2.7 or higher it will compress down to 1080p. if you film in 1080 p it compresses to 720 or film in 720 and compresses to 480. you tube compresses even more regardless of what you shoot in - likewise the sound is compressed too - see next post for possible solution
2018-2-23
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

possible solution: once you have made your edited video a copy of that will be on your devise. That is an uncompressed version so sound and video quality will be perfect (should be) although it will obviously be a bigger file of some hundreds mb. you can then use a compression tool like 'handbrake' to downsize it according to your desires whilst retaning better quality - hope this helps
2018-2-23
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-2-23 15:19
possible solution: once you have made your edited video a copy of that will be on your devise. That is an uncompressed version so sound and video quality will be perfect (should be) although it will obviously be a bigger file of some hundreds mb. you can then use a compression tool like 'handbrake' to downsize it according to your desires whilst retaning better quality - hope this helps

Thanks a lot for your analysis and suggestion. I didn't fully understand : "made your edited video a copy of that will be on your devise" how do I get that uncompressed version ? there is a save button ?
2018-2-24
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

MarcPelissier Posted at 2018-2-24 01:57
Thanks a lot for your analysis and suggestion. I didn't fully understand : "made your edited video a copy of that will be on your devise" how do I get that uncompressed version ? there is a save button ?

ok, so when you have made a video clip using djigo app then you press 'COMPLETE" - this completes the processing process of the video clip. The screen looks like a white line going around the outside of a box with an image from your video clip inside the box.
After complete goes to 100% the next page appears where you must put in Video title/description and Tags. At the bottom of this page are various icons you can check if you want to send to that platform (watsapp, facebook, twitter etc)
For this example do not check any others, only skypixel.
Nextl click "Share' at top right of screen- this sends it to dji skypixel by default (you cannot change this).
After the sharing process is finished a copy of this edited video in full size will (should ) appear in another app on your devise - for me it appears in my "devise album" (for you it may appear somewhere else maybe in your devise video app or where ever - go find it there.
NOTE: you do not want that file (the completed video) from your dji go app - you want to find it in another place place (outside of dji app).
Once you locate this file you will see that the file is pretty big ie, not compressed.

From this point, use a compression / conversion app (which you can download - like handbrake https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php) and with this tool and your original size video (that you discovered in your devise albums or video apps - but not from dji app) file you can choose how much you wish to compress to or what format you wish to convert to.

Personally i am on android - i assume ios will behave the same in this regard
feel free to ask again if you are not getting it.
2018-2-24
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-2-24 04:56
ok, so when you have made a video clip using djigo app then you press 'COMPLETE" - this completes the processing process of the video clip. The screen looks like a white line going around the outside of a box with an image from your video clip inside the box.
After complete goes to 100% the next page appears where you must put in Video title/description and Tags. At the bottom of this page are various icons you can check if you want to send to that platform (watsapp, facebook, twitter etc)
For this example do not check any others, only skypixel.

Thanks a lot it's more clear to me. I didn't test the skypixel upload but will check indeed you method.
Thanks
2018-2-25
Use props
Volevite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5151 ft
Canada

I tested the suggested upload to Skypixel and indeed a copy of the video is saved outside the Dji Go 4 app on my device (in the photos app of my iPad).
However, the post-production sound quality remains low, one channel only (mono), as opposed to full stereo during the editing process.
Using headphones clearly shows the problem.
So your troubleshooting doesn’t work, Captain.
I have sent an email to Support about it and hopefully, they will fix the bug soon.
2019-1-6
Use props
Volevite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5151 ft
Canada

And because of that Captain, I have demoted you to First Officer status.
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules