1754 6 2018-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Radon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3826247 ft
  • >>>
United States

This past weekend, I shot about 2 hours of video, most of it at 1080p30, a little at 4k.   In the past, I used my iPhone7 without much issue.  This time, I tried my Samsung Galaxy S8.   While it worked well for the most part, I noticed while doing post that once in a while, the video seems to stutter a little bit for maybe a second about every minute or so.   Audio seems unaffected.   I was using the DJI GO app when recording.  

I'm planning some additional testing and troubleshooting, but wondering if anyone else has run into this.   I had all other apps closed, though of course there's plenty of services running in the background that can't readily be stopped.   Not sure if this is an issue with the DJI GO app or a negative interaction with something else running on the phone.   In some way, it almost behaved like the storage memory wasn't keeping up to the write speed, yet the app records on the phone's internal memory which should be more than adequate for even 4k recording.  Not really relevant, but the SD card that I have installed that is normally used by the default camera app (Samsung) is fast enough to accept 4k video.

Anyone else run into something similar?
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Radon, how about the original video? Did it choppy? Please upload it the dropbox or google for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-24
Use props
Radon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-24 00:42
Radon, how about the original video? Did it choppy? Please upload it the dropbox or google for further check. Thanks for your support.

Here is one video example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hi289r ... 217_090402.mp4?dl=0

It seems to be more pronounced around 0:55

Post production seems to aggravate it and make it look worse for whatever reason:

2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Radon Posted at 2018-2-24 12:11
Here is one video example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hi289rw6jgn9pp1/DJI_20180217_090402.mp4?dl=0

Radon, thanks for your update. I would forward it to our engineers for further check.
2018-2-27
Use props
Radon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-27 00:07
Radon, thanks for your update. I would forward it to our engineers for further check.

Following up on this topic.   Today, I tried:
  - Restarting the phone before use
  - Switching off image stabilization in the Samsung camera app (although I'm using the DJI GO app)
  - Set the phone to airplane mode, then re-enabled Bluetooth for gimbal control.

I'm still seeing  occasional choppy video.

One other side note: As someone who has both an iPhone and a Samsung galaxy, it would be nice to see a little more attention paid to the Android app as seen in the iPhone app.   I understand that the Android ecosystem is a lot more diverse, but some of the missing features/settings is noticeable.  If nothing else, concentrate on making improvements for the most popular flagship Android phones...the ones whose unit numbers easily rival iPhones.
2018-3-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Radon Posted at 2018-3-11 18:01
Following up on this topic.   Today, I tried:
  - Restarting the phone before use
  - Switching off image stabilization in the Samsung camera app (although I'm using the DJI GO app)

Thanks for your detail. Please wait patiently, I would update here if we get any news.
2018-3-12
Use props
Jiren220
lvl.1

India

It seems that you're running short on performance. I would recommend you to some optimizations. Follow the below guide:

https://androidcure.com/speed-sa ... faster-performance/

Hoping for best for you!
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules