Phantom 3 Standard camera movement
1600 5 2018-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droner500
lvl.4
United States

When I first got my P3S (used) the camera would go all the way up and all the way down, then one day I decided to do the new firmware update so I turned on my aircraft and remote and connected them to the dji go app. Then I downloaded the firmware update and then installed it. The drone started making these weird beeping noises and the camera was making these weird movements (it was kind of worying), when it was done I tried testing it out to see if it was o'k and I noticed that the camera would point all the way down and it would point facing straight out (oviously) but it wouldn't go any father than that. Fast forward about a month my dorne crashes, the camera completely breaks, we use the warranty we bought and buy a new camera (a used one) when I put it on and test it out I realize that it still wouldn't point up. So I was wodering if anything is wrong with it (maybe from the firmware update) or if this is just how its supposed to be. Please tell me what you think!

IMG_20180223_203729.jpg
IMG_20180223_203734.jpg
2018-2-23
Use props
Droner500
lvl.4
United States

The last picture shows how far up it will point and the first one shows how far down it will point.
2018-2-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Droner500 Posted at 2018-2-23 20:43
The last picture shows how far up it will point and the first one shows how far down it will point.

You normally don't want it to point very far up or you end up with the props in shot. But there is a setting that allows it to tilt up 30 degrees. Can't remember where it is in the settings, but you should be able to find it.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Droner500 Posted at 2018-2-23 20:43
The last picture shows how far up it will point and the first one shows how far down it will point.

Hi, there. Any error message you got from the app? Did you send you drone back for repair. Please tell me the case number for check.
2018-2-23
Use props
Droner500
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-23 23:30
Hi, there. Any error message you got from the app? Did you send you drone back for repair. Please tell me the case number for check.

No I didn't get any error message and the warranty only gave me my money back that I spent on the drone, I then used that money to get a new (already used) camera because the warranty was with a company called assurant and they don't do repairs on drones.
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Droner500 Posted at 2018-2-24 01:00
No I didn't get any error message and the warranty only gave me my money back that I spent on the drone, I then used that money to get a new (already used) camera because the warranty was with a company called assurant and they don't do repairs on drones.

I see. Please provide a video with this situation so we can check the details for your. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules