1680 9 2018-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Odysseus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 506181 ft
  • >>>
Nigeria

Inspire 2 refuses to power on after a light crash into a tree. Didn't hit the ground. Hand caught. Tried different set of batteries. After power on the light inside the drone blinks three times and goes off. Video attached.

2018-2-24
Use props
Kiffkool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

Attach to PC via usb and Assistant software and check the crafts status of the imu's etc, maybe try to recalibrate and check all visible connection in the airframe?
2018-2-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is possible you triggered a protection circuit when the props were stopped by force. Over current or short circuit protection cannot be fixed by the user and will need to be sent into the DJI repair Shop

Rich
2018-2-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-2-24 08:54
It is possible you triggered a protection circuit when the props were stopped by force. Over current or short circuit protection cannot be fixed by the user and will need to be sent into the DJI repair Shop

Rich

Rich, this kind of troubleshooting knowledge is what I'm looking for! Nowhere to find, known to a few only, discovered by accident etc.
2018-2-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-2-24 13:15
Rich, this kind of troubleshooting knowledge is what I'm looking for! Nowhere to find, known to a few only, discovered by accident etc.

Hi Matthew,
Thanks...  You are right, I found out about some of these things by accident. The protection installed on the power circuit could be a diode, MOV or other type of fuse.  I had a horizon QX 350 that had a abrupt stop of the motors   and it would not power on after that. No damage was found on the drone at all, even the props were not broken.   It popped the protection on the main board. (expensive) for a hobby drone at the time several years ago before the new inspires and phantoms.
Rich

diode.jpg
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Odysseus. Did you try to change a battery? I would recommend you contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.
2018-2-25
Use props
Odysseus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Nigeria

Tried 4 pairs of batteries and nothing yet. Still the same thing
2018-3-2
Use props
Odysseus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Nigeria

I just might take it apart if I can't find any other solution or information
2018-3-2
Use props
Rotor360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18656654 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Odysseus Posted at 2018-3-2 07:37
I just might take it apart if I can't find any other solution or information

Did you ever figure this one out? I have the same issue. Light crash, protection circuit triggered, not wanting to power up the cinecore...
2022-5-15
Use props
Odysseus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Nigeria

Rotor360 Posted at 5-15 21:27
Did you ever figure this one out? I have the same issue. Light crash, protection circuit triggered, not wanting to power up the cinecore...

I ended up replacing the drone main board from another damaged i2. Been ages. Cant remember exactly
2022-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules