App for mapping?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Easton
lvl.1

United States

What is the best app for mapping? Also, what program would I use to fly the drone? Could I use the DJI GO app to make a grid and take photos in a specific area or would I have to get a different app?

I have Autodesk Recap Pro and can use it as an educational license but am not sure if it would do the job I need.

Also, if I am mapping would the Phantom 4 Pro map at the max resolution of 1cm per pixel or would it be less, does it depend on the camera?
2018-2-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have a look at DroneDeploy to see how that works.
There are a couple of other apps that are similar.
You do the flight plan in the app and it does the flying and takes the pictures.
It will also show you what resolution you would get for the flight parameters you choose.
2018-2-24
Use props
Easton
lvl.1

United States

The only thing about Drone Deploy is it is really expensive, PIX4D is even more so. I think I am going to just use Recap Pro.

Is it possible to use Drone Deploy to fly the drone or is it locked? Does the DJI GS pro app do what I am wanting?
2018-2-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Easton Posted at 2018-2-24 17:42
The only thing about Drone Deploy is it is really expensive, PIX4D is even more so. I think I am going to just use Recap Pro.

Is it possible to use Drone Deploy to fly the drone or is it locked? Does the DJI GS pro app do what I am wanting?

You can use DroneDeploy all you like.
You only pay if you use DD to do the processing.
The other similar apps are probably the same.
2018-2-24
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

I have used Drone Deploy.  You can use it free for less than 500 points/photos.   I use GS Pro and upload the photos to my DD account.   I have recently tried MapsMadeEasy and think DD gives better results.
2018-2-24
Use props
Easton
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-24 18:13
You can use DroneDeploy all you like.
You only pay if you use DD to do the processing.
The other similar apps are probably the same.

Okay, that is what I was wondering, because I like the looks of their software. I can use Drone Deploy and then stick my images into Recap Pro and use 1000 images at 1cm per pixel for like 50 bucks instead of the $200 a month from DD.
2018-2-24
Use props
Easton
lvl.1

United States

Rvrrat14 Posted at 2018-2-24 18:30
I have used Drone Deploy.  You can use it free for less than 500 points/photos.   I use GS Pro and upload the photos to my DD account.   I have recently tried MapsMadeEasy and think DD gives better results.

With GS Pro do you have to have an Ipad or can I use an android device?
2018-2-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Easton Posted at 2018-2-24 19:27
With GS Pro do you have to have an Ipad or can I use an android device?

There is no Android version of GS pro
2018-2-24
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

IOS 10.3.3.
2018-2-24
Use props
fans92f6af90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1018448 ft
Denmark

Hi
I have successfully used PrecisionFlight for my P3S. The app has for my usage been working perfectly well and integration between different platforms is good. I have had a few questions to the crew and their help has been very good and responsive. My max is a record of 433 pictures for stitching and it just worked out perfect. 5 uploads are available per month for free, which I think is as for DroneDeploy.
2018-2-26
Use props
fans11dbc44b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45531 ft
Netherlands

How many waypoints can you make without GC of DD? I Will make a area without more angels, 80% photo, every 2sec a photo
2019-4-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fans11dbc44b Posted at 4-9 07:56
How many waypoints can you make without GC of DD? I Will make a area without more angels, 80% photo, every 2sec a photo

Lots.
If there is a limit, I haven't run into it yet.
2019-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules