Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Brand NEW P4P with Battery Error
1070 13 2018-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benpsut86
lvl.2
United States

Like the title says, I have a brand new Phantom 4 Pro, 2 brand new batteries, and after I takeoff I get a battery error.  There's nothing showing in the battery window, everything is "NA".  Any thoughts on what could be going on?  I've tried the new firmware and then downgraded to the old firmware with no luck.  Kinda upset that I can't fly my brand new machine that cost me an arm and a leg to buy!

Ben
2018-2-24
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did it happen with both batteries?
2018-2-24
Use props
benpsut86
lvl.2
United States

Yes.  Everything shows normal before and during takeoff, and then about 5 seconds in I get "NA" in the battery menu.  It shows battery percentage on top, but once I tap on the the battery to bring up the menu, I get NA across the board.  
2018-2-24
Use props
benpsut86
lvl.2
United States

I think I'm just going to exchange it tomorrow
2018-2-24
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Captain
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Sounds like the right thing to do.
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Ben, may I know what's the current version of the aircraft? Could you upload a short video for double check? Thanks in advance!
2018-2-24
Use props
benpsut86
lvl.2
United States

Ah crap I just packed everything up.  It's the very most current firmware that is available.  
2018-2-24
Use props
benpsut86
lvl.2
United States

This is what I get after about 5 seconds of hovering.  Same status when I fly it around.  I'm only flying it inside to show you this because it's almost midnight here and it's raining.  ;-)
2018-2-24
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

benpsut86 Posted at 2018-2-24 19:49
This is what I get after about 5 seconds of hovering.  Same status when I fly it around.  I'm only flying it inside to show you this because it's almost midnight here and it's raining.  ;-)

Did you set the time to discharge at 1 day? That should at least be several days as the default is 10 days. Before you put the battery in the drone, do you check that it is fully charged by just pressing once and see how many lights show.
2018-2-24
Use props
benpsut86
lvl.2
United States

It was set at 10, but to see if this was the cause of the error I changed it to different days to see if I could get it to do something.  
2018-2-24
Use props
benpsut86
lvl.2
United States

And yes, I’ve checked the batteries by the one press and all is normal.  I’ve been flying the phantom series since P2, I’m a bit knowledgeable.  My gut is saying there’s something up with the hardware in the craft.  
2018-2-24
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 15812070 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same thing happen tome a week ago. Battery Error, non compatible battery, no cell information. It happened at the end of a 20 minute flight. It was the original battery that came with my Obsidian. I recharged it and it has been fine ever since , which was 10 charges ago.
2018-2-24
Use props
benpsut86
lvl.2
United States

I got it fixed!  By returning it!  ;-) :-p
2018-2-25
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 767762 ft
United Kingdom

benpsut86 Posted at 2018-2-25 17:10
I got it fixed!  By returning it!  ;-) :-p

The sensible thing to do, why chase errors on a new drone.
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules