Drone on Royal Caribbean
5368 47 2018-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Abedip
lvl.1
Honduras

Hi, I recently wrote to a Royal Carribean Customer Service Representative and here is the complete answer they gave me regarding drones on Cruise Ships....Dear Mr. XXXXX:  Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.  If you would like you are able to bring a drone for use on land and outside of the port area. Drones are not able to be used onboard the ship at any time. Different countries may have different rules applying to drones. Guests assume full responsibility for understanding all local authority rules related to drone usage and obtaining any required permissions for drone operations. Any Liability, including environmental damage from drone usage is the guests responsibility. Royal Caribbean assumes no liability for guest drones that might be confiscated by local authorities for violating local laws or any accident or injury resulting from a guest drone flight.  While onboard, drones must be stored safely in the stateroom. Drones used on the ship will be confiscated until the end of the cruise. A Guest Conduct Policy warning will be issued and guests may subject to disembarkation at their own expense for onboard drone usage.  If you have not already done so, make sure to check out our amazing shore excursions. Our shore excursions provide everything from culinary tasting tours to adrenaline-pumping adventures; you’ll discover the world like never before. To learn more about the tours available on your sailing, we encourage you to visit the Cruise Planner section of our website at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/be ... uiseEnhancements.do  Mr. Dip, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Symphony of the Seas in July.  Sincerely,
2018-4-24
Use props
Abedip
lvl.1
Honduras

Abedip lvl.1 Honduras Online  41# Hi, I recently wrote to a Royal Carribean Customer Service Representative and here is the complete answer they gave me regarding drones on Cruise Ships....Dear Mr. XXXXX:  Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.  If you would like you are able to bring a drone for use on land and outside of the port area. Drones are not able to be used onboard the ship at any time. Different countries may have different rules applying to drones. Guests assume full responsibility for understanding all local authority rules related to drone usage and obtaining any required permissions for drone operations. Any Liability, including environmental damage from drone usage is the guests responsibility. Royal Caribbean assumes no liability for guest drones that might be confiscated by local authorities for violating local laws or any accident or injury resulting from a guest drone flight.  While onboard, drones must be stored safely in the stateroom. Drones used on the ship will be confiscated until the end of the cruise. A Guest Conduct Policy warning will be issued and guests may subject to disembarkation at their own expense for onboard drone usage.  If you have not already done so, make sure to check out our amazing shore excursions. Our shore excursions provide everything from culinary tasting tours to adrenaline-pumping adventures; you’ll discover the world like never before. To learn more about the tours available on your sailing, we encourage you to visit the Cruise Planner section of our website at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/be ... uiseEnhancements.do  Mr. Dip, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Symphony of the Seas in July.  Sincerely,
2018-4-24
Use props
Abedip
lvl.1
Honduras

Abedip
lvl.1
Honduras

41#
Hi, I recently wrote to a Royal Carribean Customer Service Representative and here is the complete answer they gave me regarding drones on Cruise Ships....Dear Mr. XXXXX:  Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.  If you would like you are able to bring a drone for use on land and outside of the port area. Drones are not able to be used onboard the ship at any time. Different countries may have different rules applying to drones. Guests assume full responsibility for understanding all local authority rules related to drone usage and obtaining any required permissions for drone operations. Any Liability, including environmental damage from drone usage is the guests responsibility. Royal Caribbean assumes no liability for guest drones that might be confiscated by local authorities for violating local laws or any accident or injury resulting from a guest drone flight.  While onboard, drones must be stored safely in the stateroom. Drones used on the ship will be confiscated until the end of the cruise. A Guest Conduct Policy warning will be issued and guests may subject to disembarkation at their own expense for onboard drone usage.  If you have not already done so, make sure to check out our amazing shore excursions. Our shore excursions provide everything from culinary tasting tours to adrenaline-pumping adventures; you’ll discover the world like never before. To learn more about the tours available on your sailing, we encourage you to visit the Cruise Planner section of our website at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/be ... uiseEnhancements.do  Mr. Dip, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Symphony of the Seas in July.  Sincerely,
2018-4-24
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

Abedip Posted at 2018-4-24 20:21
Hi, I recently wrote to a Royal Carribean Customer Service Representative and here is the complete answer they gave me regarding drones on Cruise Ships....Dear Mr. XXXXX:  Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.  If you would like you are able to bring a drone for use on land and outside of the port area. Drones are not able to be used onboard the ship at any time. Different countries may have different rules applying to drones. Guests assume full responsibility for understanding all local authority rules related to drone usage and obtaining any required permissions for drone operations. Any Liability, including environmental damage from drone usage is the guests responsibility. Royal Caribbean assumes no liability for guest drones that might be confiscated by local authorities for violating local laws or any accident or injury resulting from a guest drone flight.  While onboard, drones must be stored safely in the stateroom. Drones used on the ship will be confiscated until the end of the cruise. A Guest Conduct Policy warning will be issued and guests may subject to disembarkation at their own expense for onboard drone usage.  If you have not already done so, make sure to check out our amazing shore excursions. Our shore excursions provide everything from culinary tasting tours to adrenaline-pumping adventures; you’ll discover the world like never before. To learn more about the tours available on your sailing, we encourage you to visit the Cruise Planner section of our website at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/cruiseEnhancements.do  Mr. Dip, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Symphony of the Seas in July.  Sincerely,

Wow I really wish I had sent them an email! If I had done that, I would have brought my Spark on the cruise with no hesitation!
Also, I am super jealous of you sailing on the Symphony of the Seas. I was on the Harmony of the Seas, which is the next biggest.
I hope you enjoy your cruise, and please share any footage you took form the trip!!
2018-4-25
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know this post is old but for anyone searching for the same info here is a link to Royal Caribbean Cruise drone policy, im going on a cruise with them end of Nov 2018 and chose them specifically because they allow me to take one on board just not fly it! which makes sense the ship is a large bit of metal with lots of radio signals so not the best place to fly!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/f ... ring-drones-onboard

Hope this helps, now what would be really handy is maybe a chargeable fly pass/registration for the varying islands that could be bought in advance to provide permission fr flight on the islands to avoid any issues
2018-11-4
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

Schmooit Posted at 11-4 10:35
I know this post is old but for anyone searching for the same info here is a link to Royal Caribbean Cruise drone policy, im going on a cruise with them end of Nov 2018 and chose them specifically because they allow me to take one on board just not fly it! which makes sense the ship is a large bit of metal with lots of radio signals so not the best place to fly!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/can-guests-bring-drones-onboard

Thank you so much for the link! I wish this was around when I went on my cruise last April
2018-11-4
Use props
djiuser_Vrbx1pZ7ERuO
lvl.1

India

Royal Caribbean cruise packages  Voyager Class Ship was built in 1999 and then refurbished in Oct 2014. Onboard Voyager of the Seas you’ll experience first-at-sea innovations that make the cruises, unlike any other holiday. Go Ice-skating in the middle of the ocean, catch a wave on the FlowRider surf simulator or practice your swing on our mini-golf course. Staying connected at sea is easier than ever with Wi-Fi available throughout the ship.

cruisebay dot com
2019-2-5
Use props
StetsonWatkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1871611 ft
United States

Dang.. you should have been able to take it. This really sucks but I will keep this in mind while planning my next vacation.
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules