1277 11 2018-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mdsniper7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8340 ft
  • >>>
United States

So when I plug in the battery to this charger it shows all green lights blinking in a order then it stops and one led blinks a few times then powers off. Is the battery bad?
2018-2-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha sniper,

When the battery is not being charged and you press the button one time, how many lights come on and then go off?  Is the charger the stock one that comes with the new P3P?  Be prepared to find the serial number for the battery so it can be checked.  

The P3P is a few years old now and the batteries may be entering the end of their service life.  We have to define "new".  The P3P has a .pdf manual that has a lot of information that will help you get in the air.  My P3P is my baby and yet is my oldest Phantom and favorite.  

Let us know if the LEDs light up when you check the battery for charge and how many light up.  There are some other tests you will be able to run to check out your battery.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-2-25
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have seen that with batteries that have been on the shelf for a while.  Just leave it in the charger for a day.  You'll come back to find that it is fully charged.
2018-2-25
Use props
mdsniper7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-2-25 04:36
Aloha sniper,

When the battery is not being charged and you press the button one time, how many lights come on and then go off?  Is the charger the stock one that comes with the new P3P?  Be prepared to find the serial number for the battery so it can be checked.  

So it's the factory charger as the p3p was brand new in box. When I touch the red button one time the red led lights up and one green led lights up. I'm debating just getting rid of this drone for a mavic as this is ridiculous that a new drone could just be bad when it was never used.
2018-2-25
Use props
mdsniper7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

BobUnplugged Posted at 2018-2-25 05:09
I have seen that with batteries that have been on the shelf for a while.  Just leave it in the charger for a day.  You'll come back to find that it is fully charged.

Basically one green led blinks when I touch the battery
2018-2-25
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

OK ......

This means the battery is way down and possibly in Hibernation Mode ...

Please do this ....... do not get into button pushing mode - resist all temptations !!  Seriously.

1. take the battery from its shelf and press battery ON twice as though you are going to fly.
2. IGNORE the lights !! DO NOT press any button again.
3. Stand the battery for at least 5 minutes and let it do its own thing ... DO NOT PRESS BUTTONS !!

4. After 5 minutes ........... Plug in charger ........... DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS !!

5. Leave battery alone ... it may be hours before it shows life ... DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS !!

If after a day on charger it does not revive - then contact shop / DJI for replacement.

The above sequence is STRICT and is designed to bring a battery out of Hibernation Mode ... if you press the button at any time after 1) ... it will revert back to hiberantion mode and you will have to stand the battery and try again hours later.

Let us know if you have success ...

Nigel
2018-2-25
Use props
mdsniper7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 2018-2-25 08:28
OK ......

This means the battery is way down and possibly in Hibernation Mode ...

Appreciate the help but I just decided to return the drone not I don't trust a product that can't work out of box
2018-2-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

mdsniper7 Posted at 2018-2-25 14:15
Appreciate the help but I just decided to return the drone not I don't trust a product that can't work out of box

That's a bit premature. The P3P is quite old now and you may have old stock, so this issue is not surprising. You should follow Solentlife's advice.
2018-2-25
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Thanks G ....

Shame .. the P3 as we know is a good machine. But yes its getting a bit 'old' now.

Nigel
2018-2-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

What I find disturbing and its a problem of todays sales market .....

The lack of sellers testing gear before sending out. Because many today are just Box Pushers and sell online ...

Many in fact don't even see the box they are selling - they just sit between factory and buyer - things like batterys etc. get passed on that don't work.

A lot to be said for High Street purchases - but even then with the lack of knowledge of the 'person' doing the sale - is that any good today ?  At least you have the Shop Counter - you can drop the article back onto demanding refund / replacement.

Where I live - most hobby stuff is bought online and if its faulty - often I have to swallow it ... costs to return are too much.

I rec'd a model Rx other day from online seller in Far East ... $15 item. Opened the pack and the antenna wire was laying in bottom of box ... it was cheaper and easier for me to solder it back on than complain ... (yes it works !!) Just example of todays system.

Nigel
2018-2-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Any update ?? Did you return the gear or give it a try ?

Nigel
2018-2-27
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

You know, this happens with lots of different batteries.  If they sit on the shelf a long time, they can appear to be dead.  But if you just plug them up and leave them overnight, they will usually charge.  I have had this on a P3 battery, LAST WEEK on a P4 battery, and other electronics' batteries, too.
2018-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules