Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6811 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

For anyone following the post, just a quick update.
That's the first bit out of the way. Spark was picked up yesterday morning at 10.00am by UPS, arrived in Brussels today at 14.15pm !!! Very impressed with UPS so far, should be just a drive now to get it to the repair centre. UPS have given me a delivery date of no later than close of business tomorrow 01/03/18
2018-2-28
Use props
djiuser_BYQNXrX0T9I9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

fans515ed8dd Posted at 2018-2-28 10:07
Hi Guys,

For anyone following the post, just a quick update.

May I ask was the AC out of your sight?  Not trying to blame at all, just putting myself in this situation, if you could see it, didn't you see it heading towards and above the trees?  I'd hope I'd be able to manually take over and bring it in prior to descending through the trees.

Again, not blaming at all, just trying to get more info.  Good luck!
2018-3-1
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_BYQNXrX0T9I9 Posted at 2018-3-1 00:10
May I ask was the AC out of your sight?  Not trying to blame at all, just putting myself in this situation, if you could see it, didn't you see it heading towards and above the trees?  I'd hope I'd be able to manually take over and bring it in prior to descending through the trees.

Again, not blaming at all, just trying to get more info.  Good luck!

Hi Ya,

Only out of sight as it went up to 50M to RTH. I couldn't see it as it came down, because it was coming down in the wrong place. And yes, had i of seen what was going to happen, i would have cancelled RTH and taken over. Never ever expected RTH to be so far out?
2018-3-1
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update. Had confirmation from UPS that my Spark has been delivered to the repair centre in the Netherlands at 11.05am today
2018-3-1
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

fans515ed8dd Posted at 2018-3-1 03:14
Hi Guys,

Just a quick update. Had confirmation from UPS that my Spark has been delivered to the repair centre in the Netherlands at 11.05am today

it is under warranty
2018-3-1
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Ricardo,

Yes it is under warranty
2018-3-1
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

fans515ed8dd Posted at 2018-3-1 03:52
Hi Ricardo,

Yes it is under warranty

Very good!!
2018-3-1
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

fans515ed8dd Posted at 2018-3-1 03:52
Hi Ricardo,

Yes it is under warranty

Very  good!!
2018-3-1
Use props
djiuser_qRoypWAvl2W2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 673 ft
United States

SkyBug Posted at 2018-2-25 07:04
This is always sad to see. Get a case started and let them quote a repair. My guess is 225 usd to dji and they’ll send you a refurbished unit. I’ve been there...

You can buy a new one for $330.

2018-3-1
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_qRoypWAvl2W2 Posted at 2018-3-1 12:53
You can buy a new one for $330.

I wish i had 330, i haven't even paid for this one yet!!
2018-3-1
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487566 ft
United States

fans515ed8dd Posted at 2018-3-1 03:14
Hi Guys,

Any new news?
2018-3-2
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi SkyBug,

Spark is showing as received by repair centre, and now shows conducting damage assessment, i hope they do the data analysis to determine what went wrong. As i keep saying, i am still paying for the drone, so cant afford to have it repaired anyway. I only sent it in as DJI Mindy suggested that is what i should do. I will keep you posted each time it moves a step further on
2018-3-2
Use props
chiefdh
lvl.1

China

If it's just the damage you see, you need the following fees:
Vision Camera Module--USD11
Middle Frame (Excluding ESC and Motor)--USD13
Gimbal Roll & Pitch Axis Module--USD20
Repair Service Fee
if Gimbal Components have other damage, It will be expensive fees. from the DJI go 4 app self-check infomation, it can estimate which parts to replace. Good luck to you .
2018-3-2
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chiefdh Posted at 2018-3-2 08:36
If it's just the damage you see, you need the following fees:
Vision Camera Module--USD11
Middle Frame (Excluding ESC and Motor)--USD13

Thank you chief, much appreciated
2018-3-2
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

fans515ed8dd Posted at 2018-2-27 09:44
Thanks Viking, yes it hurt my eyes too, but i think it is going to hurt my pocket more!! I may be lucky when they read the dat files.

I hope so for you and your pocket...
2018-3-4
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-25 19:01
We are sorry for the crash accident, if the drone is still in warranty period, please contact our support team to start a case and send it in for data analysis, we will provide warranty service if the accident was caused by product itself after data analysis. Good luck to you.

Hi DJI Mindy,

Can you please look into this for me, case number CAS-1499587-W2H9J8.
I have had an email saying the repairs and costs have been assessed and the cost to repair is £213.49??
It also stated no warranty?? There must be warranty as it is only a few months old. There is also no explanation as to why the drone crashed. Like i said in my posts the drone did not return to the home point recorded at start of flight. That to me suggests that something is wrong with the drone? I checked my flight records, and it states that my RTH height was 50M, yet my records show that it returned to home at 66 feet height which is only about 20M ??
Can you please let me know your findings as soon as possible, as like i keep saying, i haven't paid for the drone in full yet, and can not afford to have it repaired.

Many Thanks.
2018-3-5
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

Please see post above for quick update on progress.
Basically £213.49 to repair. They reckon there is no warranty, yet it is only a couple of months old?? And no explanation as to why it crashed??
Checked my flight records and home point was definitely set to 50m. Yet the flight record also states that it RTH at 66ft, which in my book is about 20m!!
I have asked Mindy to look in to it for me.
2018-3-5
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

For anyone following this post. The repair centre sent me a photo titled "images of damaged parts", well, there is one image, pretty much the same photo as i posted here. I know what is damaged, because i sent it!
It appears that DJI do not strip the drone to see if any internal damage has been caused. Its in exactly the same state that i sent it in. No covers removed, and everything as it was when i posted it to the repair centre??
2018-3-5
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
United States

From what I’ve experienced with the “repair” center is that when they receive your drone they do an external evaluation, then give you a item list of the damaged parts and maybe throw in a couple extra to keep the cost right around 220 to 250usd. They then wait for you to pay before they start the “repair” which is basically throwing your drone in the repair pile and getting a newly “refurbished” spark off the shelf and then take a day or two to get it boxed and shipped. That was my experience, but with already owning the fly more and more batteries and other accessories I couldn’t justify leaving it and taking the loss, so I paid  the ransom. I’m not sure if you’ll be able to prove it wasn’t user error without all your flight data in dji’s hands.. I feel for ya man
2018-3-5
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SkyBug Posted at 2018-3-5 07:33
From what I’ve experienced with the “repair” center is that when they receive your drone they do an external evaluation, then give you a item list of the damaged parts and maybe throw in a couple extra to keep the cost right around 220 to 250usd. They then wait for you to pay before they start the “repair” which is basically throwing your drone in the repair pile and getting a newly “refurbished” spark off the shelf and then take a day or two to get it boxed and shipped. That was my experience, but with already owning the fly more and more batteries and other accessories I couldn’t justify leaving it and taking the loss, so I paid  the ransom. I’m not sure if you’ll be able to prove it wasn’t user error without all your flight data in dji’s hands.. I feel for ya man

Thanks SkyBug,

Like i said, i wasn't necessarily going to send it in for repair, as i knew i couldn't afford it. But DJI Mindy said that i should, so i assumed they were going to test and see if it was a drone fault. How can they say no warranty when it is only a few months old? I had to send them my purchase receipt, so it was pretty obvious it was still under warranty. As you can see from my first post, i only came on here asking for advice as to whether anyone thought it could be repaired, ie by me, or failing that to see if anyone wanted it for spares or repair, just to get a few pound back towards my still fully unpaid purchase.
2018-3-5
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SkyBug Posted at 2018-3-5 07:33

Sorry SkyBug, forgot to ask. How often do the DJI Admin come on here and answer queries?? I just want to get this sorted one way or the other. I'm not very happy at the moment, as i am 99.9% sure it was not a user fault. Plus it is in warranty.
2018-3-5
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
United States

Have you been on the phone with support yet? It’s a treat in itself. I hope you get this resolved. I’m not sure how long it will be before a mod comes along. Maybe try to pm one
2018-3-5
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SkyBug Posted at 2018-3-5 08:53
Have you been on the phone with support yet? It’s a treat in itself. I hope you get this resolved. I’m not sure how long it will be before a mod comes along. Maybe try to pm one

Think i'll leave the phone then. I tried to PM DJI Mindy, but it wouldn't let me, it made me send a friend request???
2018-3-5
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

I still haven't heard anything back fro DJI. I have asked DJI Mindy to look into it for me, but as yet no reply.
If any admins are reading can you please get back to me as to what to do now. I am really not to happy so far. I was advised to send the drone in as i thought it may be faulty, which i did. All i got back was a photo saying its damaged (which i already knew because i am the one who sent it) and a price to repair it. It hasn't even been stripped to see if internal damage?? I was also told there is no warranty?? There definitely is warranty, its only 2 and a half months old. For any mods or admin, case number is CAS-1499587-W2H9J8. I look forward to hearing from you.
2018-3-6
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

You're skint so sold your P4 and then bought a Spark on credit and crashed it, sorry but that makes me giggle. Only because I thought about doing the same thing (without the crash)
2018-3-6
Use props
sSkyPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

I might be interested in one battery...
2018-3-6
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2018-3-6 13:32
You're skint so sold your P4 and then bought a Spark on credit and crashed it, sorry but that makes me giggle. Only because I thought about doing the same thing (without the crash)

I'm so glad my misfortune and circumstances made you laugh. Its really funny isn't it??
2018-3-7
Use props
sergio.flor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 798301 ft
Spain

I' am so sorry by your crash. I had a crash due to a compass error and the repair was under warranty.
DJI analyze the black box and If the log say that has been a hardware or instrumentar error, the drone is repaired under warranty. In your case, seem that it hasn't a hardware error or the hardware error was not recorded in the log. The  log can be export by you and check it. DJI provide tools to view our own logs.
I don't say that the fault has been your but with the log probably  don't display any error.
2018-3-7
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sergio.flor Posted at 2018-3-7 04:57
I' am so sorry by your crash. I had a crash due to a compass error and the repair was under warranty.
DJI analyze the black box and If the log say that has been a hardware or instrumentar error, the drone is repaired under warranty. In your case, seem that it hasn't a hardware error or the hardware error was not recorded in the log. The  log can be export by you and check it. DJI provide tools to view our own logs.
I don't say that the fault has been your but with the log probably  don't display any error.

Thank you Sergio
2018-3-7
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fans515ed8dd Posted at 2018-3-7 01:59
I'm so glad my misfortune and circumstances made you laugh. Its really funny isn't it??

Yes it is, buying sh1t on credit when you have no money was a smart move. That's why I decided to stick with my old beaten up P3 instead of playing stupid games and buying new toys I can't afford. Guess it must have been real important to have a new drone, I mean who can live without a drone nowadays. Thumbs up on getting your priorities straight - LOL

Boohoo
2018-3-7
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2018-3-7 07:10
Yes it is, buying sh1t on credit when you have no money was a smart move. That's why I decided to stick with my old beaten up P3 instead of playing stupid games and buying new toys I can't afford. Guess it must have been real important to have a new drone, I mean who can live without a drone nowadays. Thumbs up on getting your priorities straight - LOL

Boohoo

You’d better stick with the p3 then and keep pushing that broom. Great way to positively contribute to the forum with your financial advice though.
2018-3-7
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2018-3-7 07:10
Yes it is, buying sh1t on credit when you have no money was a smart move. That's why I decided to stick with my old beaten up P3 instead of playing stupid games and buying new toys I can't afford. Guess it must have been real important to have a new drone, I mean who can live without a drone nowadays. Thumbs up on getting your priorities straight - LOL

Boohoo

Every forum has one! Wondered when he would show up!!
2018-3-7
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
United States

fans515ed8dd Posted at 2018-3-6 13:06
Hi Guys,

I still haven't heard anything back fro DJI. I have asked DJI Mindy to look into it for me, but as yet no reply.

Maybe try starting a thread in the service sub and try to get ahold of djiThor
2018-3-7
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SkyBug Posted at 2018-3-7 07:48
Maybe try starting a thread in the service sub and try to get ahold of djiThor

Thanks SkyBug, I have been in online chat with DJI Europe. They have accepted my request and i have provided all flight records and they are checking them now, and will get back to me. I'll let you know how i get on
2018-3-7
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
United States

That’s a step in the right direction, good to hear. Keep us posted.
2018-3-7
Use props
TheFlyingDutchmanInNorway
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

How far away from you was the Spark when you presses RTH? If it is close by it will land where it is instead of flying to the home point. I don’t remember the radius but it is stated in the User Manual. Maybe DJI say it is not under warranty if it behaved as expected. IF the Spark was doing the “land where it is” because it’s too close it shouldn’t accend.
2018-3-7
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

SkyBug Posted at 2018-3-7 07:33
You’d better stick with the p3 then and keep pushing that broom. Great way to positively contribute to the forum with your financial advice though.

And this is your contribution, wow well done. I'd rather be pushing the broom and buying my own stuff, at least it's mine, I worked for it and I own it. I don't expect other people to buy my toys for me.
2018-3-7
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fans515ed8dd Posted at 2018-3-7 07:42
Every forum has one! Wondered when he would show up!!

Has one what? Someone who speaks the truth, have I triggered you? Perhaps if you stopped wasting your time here and got a job you'd be able to buy another one. Look there are plenty of fanboys here to kiss your butt, don't expect me to as well. lol
2018-3-7
Use props
SkyBug
lvl.4
United States

Settle down, Neo
2018-3-7
Use props
fans515ed8dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2018-3-7 08:18
Has one what? Someone who speaks the truth, have I triggered you? Perhaps if you stopped wasting your time here and got a job you'd be able to buy another one. Look there are plenty of fanboys here to kiss your butt, don't expect me to as well. lol

Maybe you will grow out of it, when you are a big boy.
2018-3-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules