Don't Buy DJI Select - Useless for Air Owners
2922 31 2018-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

I just wasted my money on DJI Select because I was promised I would get a bunch of coupons and various benefits. Well, it turns out that the coupons are useless as when you try to use them you are restricted to non Mavic Air products. I did some searching and non of the coupons will work for Mavic Air accessories like batteries. I suggest using your DJI credit and money directly on the item you want and don't buy DJI care.

DJI also refuses to refund me because their customer service is terrible.

As I have been ripped off by DJI, maybe someone else can get some use out of these:

http://store.dji.com/coupons/8VCEW953
http://store.dji.com/coupons/VE8KDA9U
http://store.dji.com/coupons/GKHDNXBF
http://store.dji.com/coupons/RZBLQ8T3
http://store.dji.com/coupons/XECJUFV5

Hope they work for you

2018-2-25
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
United States

Hope someone gets some use out of the coupons!
2018-2-25
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Thanks for the warning and sharing your coupons, someone is bound to make good use of them.

I did read somewhere that DJI doesn't supply Mavic Air coupons yet with DJI Select, might be in the FAQ?  
2018-2-25
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

It could be because supplies are short at this time. Wait a few months, they may open up the coupons to Air accessories.
2018-2-25
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Primary market for MA are early adopters, GAS affected users and reviewers/influencers.
None of them are bothered by DJI Select so this is actually good move from DJI profit-wise.
2018-2-25
Use props
Wyke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33166 ft
United Kingdom

Well I wouldn’t call them useless. I used mine to get 20% off a Crystalsky. Granted, not Mavic Air accessory specifically but certainly going to be used with my Mavic Air. Cost recovered, and then some.
2018-2-25
Use props
IWF
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I’ll make use of one of them if i may.  Perfect for a  Pro acccesary I was going to purchase
2018-2-25
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
United States

Sure, hope one works for you.
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi cspain, Mavic Air will be eligible for DJI select benefits very soon including membership deals, 20% off for accessories as well as 50% off for DJI Care, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
2018-2-25
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-25 18:55
Hi cspain, Mavic Air will be eligible for DJI select benefits very soon including membership deals, 20% off for accessories as well as 50% off for DJI Care, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.

Will I get a new coupon when that happens?
2018-2-25
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531014 ft
Canada

Are they all used?  A second ago they seemed to be working.. I was just in checkout and then all of a sudden they all are expired?
2018-2-25
Use props
rantanlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

This is what I love about the internet :sad:, all coupons are used, and not a single thanks in the threat (not that I tried to use one, I just was curious since I see this all the time...)
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

cspain Posted at 2018-2-25 19:18
Will I get a new coupon when that happens?

Sorry, the new coupons will not be generated if it has been used. Thank you for your support.
2018-2-26
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-26 03:01
Sorry, the new coupons will not be generated if it has been used. Thank you for your support.

You work for DJI. Can you get me a refund? I was lied to when I was told I could use DJI Select on accessories, yet I could not use it for accessories on the very device I own. I contacted support and they just keep telling me no. At this point, I am thinking of opening a dispute with PayPal as I did not get what I paid for and could not use the coupons.
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

cspain Posted at 2018-2-26 11:19
You work for DJI. Can you get me a refund? I was lied to when I was told I could use DJI Select on accessories, yet I could not use it for accessories on the very device I own. I contacted support and they just keep telling me no. At this point, I am thinking of opening a dispute with PayPal as I did not get what I paid for and could not use the coupons.

Sorry to tell that once you purchased the DJI Select, the refund is not available. You can see it in the FAQ list. Thank you for your kind understanding. sl.png
2018-2-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I don't know the whole story behind your question, but it feels like it might have been better to first ask when MA products were going to be available before posting these coupon codes.
I for sure have not used them, but this is an open forum, so you essentially gave them away without any control over who was going to use them.

2018-2-28
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Thanks for the info
2018-2-28
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-28 04:34
I don't know the whole story behind your question, but it feels like it might have been better to first ask when MA products were going to be available before posting these coupon codes.
I for sure have not used them, but this is an open forum, so you essentially gave them away without any control over who was going to use them.

All I wanted was a discount on a battery. I thought I could get a good deal by buying Select then getting 20% of a battery. Then, later I could take advantage of the other benefits. If something is available for purchase in their store, I would assume I could use a 20% coupon on it.

I gave them away (apart from one which I kept back) because it was useless to me, I thought someone else could at least use the coupons. Also had the added benefit of DJI losing a bit of money which made me feel tiny bit better after they refused to refund me
2018-2-28
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-28 03:32
Sorry to tell that once you purchased the DJI Select, the refund is not available. You can see it in the FAQ list. Thank you for your kind understanding. [view_image]

The FAQ also says that the coupons are available for accesories for the Mavic Air!
"DJI Select coupons can be used to purchase third-party accessories and DJI accessories for Spark, Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Mavic Pro Platinum, Mavic Pro Alpine White, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 SE, Osmo Mobile 2, Osmo Mobile, Osmo+, and Osmo."

File the case with Paypal and if that fails try a chargeback with the credit card company  as well....

2018-2-28
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

Ah and BTW neither does the educational discount cover the Mavic Air and (wait for it) neither the TELLO which is marketed as a STEM education product......
Because ..... DJI
2018-2-28
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-28 03:32
Sorry to tell that once you purchased the DJI Select, the refund is not available. You can see it in the FAQ list. Thank you for your kind understanding. [view_image]

Can you comment on this?

The FAQ also says that the coupons are available for accesories for the Mavic Air!
"DJI Select coupons can be used to purchase third-party accessories and DJI accessories for Spark, Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Mavic Pro Platinum, Mavic Pro Alpine White, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 SE, Osmo Mobile 2, Osmo Mobile, Osmo+, and Osmo."
2018-2-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

ggeorgis Posted at 2018-2-28 15:27
Ah and BTW neither does the educational discount cover the Mavic Air and (wait for it) neither the TELLO which is marketed as a STEM education product......
Because ..... DJI

See post #9 Hi cspain, Mavic Air will be eligible for DJI select benefits very soon including membership deals, 20% off for accessories as well as 50% off for DJI Care, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
2018-2-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

cspain Posted at 2018-2-28 15:29
Can you comment on this?

See post #9 Hi cspain, Mavic Air will be eligible for DJI select benefits very soon including membership deals, 20% off for accessories as well as 50% off for DJI Care, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
2018-2-28
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-28 23:01

Montfrooij,
WILL BE is very different than CAN BE USED....
Although English is not my first language WILL BE implies something in the future and CAN BE USED refers to something already available.

So why don't you issue the mans refund instead of giving him the runaround....because if this does not qualify as false advertisement I don't know what does.
2018-2-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

ggeorgis Posted at 2018-2-28 23:28
Montfrooij,
WILL BE is very different than CAN BE USED....
Although English is not my first language WILL BE implies something in the future and CAN BE USED refers to something already available.

I'm not sure why it does not work yet, probably an omission in their discount database.
I have seen similar issues in the past.

2018-2-28
Use props
ggeorgis
lvl.4
Greece

The point is that cspain does not care why these codes do not work, if it is a discount database or server error or whatever on DJI's part.
He bought this service and does not work AS ADVERTISED, so he asks for a refund since what he got is completely different from what he was led to believe he would get and instead of an apology this claim is outright refused and to add pain to injury DJI Thor quotes the FAQ as the reason his claim is refused (conveniently ommiting the fact that the same FAQ page refers to a completely different service than the one he got).
And the sad part is, judging from the absence of comments from the usual captains, that cspain and myself are the only ones that think that that level of customer service outright stinks
2018-3-1
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
United States

What gets me is the lack of customer care. I understand that mistakes happen, they're not ready in their system, don't have inventory, refunds against policy (according to some FAQ or something), but clearly they have an unhappy customer but for $20 in store credit, or a one-off 20% discount on a battery they can have a happy customer, yet they won't do it. It makes me nervous about buying anything direct from DJI in the future. They make great hardware, but I don't trust them as a company now. I'll more than likely be buying future DJI products from Amazon, B&H or an Apple store where I know I can return it if there are issues and get good customer care. From Amazon I also won't have to pay $10 shipping on a battery.

I would think that this hurts DJI as they probably make more money when people buy direct from them.
2018-3-1
Use props
Skyhighdronephoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20090158 ft
  • >>>
United States

cspain Posted at 2018-3-1 05:32
What gets me is the lack of customer care. I understand that mistakes happen, they're not ready in their system, don't have inventory, refunds against policy (according to some FAQ or something), but clearly they have an unhappy customer but for $20 in store credit, or a one-off 20% discount on a battery they can have a happy customer, yet they won't do it. It makes me nervous about buying anything direct from DJI in the future. They make great hardware, but I don't trust them as a company now. I'll more than likely be buying future DJI products from Amazon, B&H or an Apple store where I know I can return it if there are issues and get good customer care. From Amazon I also won't have to pay $10 shipping on a battery.

I would think that this hurts DJI as they probably make more money when people buy direct from them.

Welcome to the club! Lol
2018-3-10
Use props
itsnoel
lvl.1
United Kingdom

i got it with my air and just used it for buying a couple of new batteries and propellers and all worked fine for me... and i got to use any DJI credit too... maybe then its just an account issue? either way, hope you get it sorted.
2018-3-11
Use props
artDragoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3615768 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-26 03:01

typical DJI response...lol. Worst customer service ever. Taking pointers from Dell and taking it to the next level...lol
2018-3-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see why DJI only offers eligibility if you buy one of their drones directly from DJI? I mean buying a drone period the owner should have the ability to do business with DJI directly at the reduced coupon savings?
2018-3-18
Use props
fans663583ad
lvl.2

United States

DJI Select is nearly useless. The only chance of recouping the cost through the purchase of an extended warranty. The coupons and birthday coupons are NEVER for new releases. Unfortunately, that is what people are after. The coupons are plentiful for what DJI deems as an "accessory". Again, usually nothing you can use or want with consideration to new drones. Another example, take Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales, note the Mavic Air, Mavic Mini 2 are 0% discounted and the expensive Phantom 4 (which is ancient technology)  is fractionally discounted like 5-6%. Probably not enough to cover the import tariff.  Long story short, spend your hard-earned money elsewhere and not on the DJI Select.
2020-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules