Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
balancing new props
1996 16 2015-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

How do we check and balance the new twist lock props?
2015-5-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't.  They are balanced out out of the box.  I have not balanced a DJI prop since the early P1-P2 days.  Since the Self-Tightening Props there has been no reason to balance in my opinion.  My video is fine with no issues.  I have posted Inspire video and P3 video and It is all smooth.  If there was an issue I would balance but so far there has been none.  Try what you have and then ask about balancing if you have an issue.
2015-5-2
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

I agree with Ed. I bought the dubro balancer and the rods and between at least 10 sets of both Phanton and Inspire props maybe two needed a bit of shaving. Minor
2015-5-2
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

I'm with Ed. I've never bothered. I will only do it as a last resort due to jello, vibrations, etc.
2015-5-2
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

That's good news!  One less thing to think about and I've never had a performance issue.
2015-5-2
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Same as Ed and dbeck also for me, the new carbon props are near spot on. When I check them, out of the 4 I have, only 1 required a very light sanding. The Dubro is best and make sure you get a well engineered rod.
2015-5-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Although I respect Tahoe Ed's answer, these props can be checked using a simple prop balancer. I have found that these props can be off slightly and even though you can't see it in your video footage long term effects can damage your onboard electronics. I use a dab of nail polish or vinyl tape to achieve a perfect balance.

This balancer is inexpensive and I have used for both the new and original props.  Check it out.

http://www.infinity-hobby-jp.com ... 8d804a9845fa5a1e404

Rich
2015-5-3
Use props
DJK
New
United States

Thanks everyone. This is what the forum is for.... good .... clean....collaboration on a topic.

i did not realize that there were threads up inside the new prop.

I have not had an issue with the balance per se of the props.

I am trying to get them to be a little quieter for nature photography, and less of an noticeable noise signature when filming events.
2015-5-3
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Unlike some of the others posting to this thread, I DID find a need to balance when using the self-tightening props.  Once the new props came out I immediately bought ten sets.  Not a single prop was out of balance as measured on the Dubro.
2015-5-3
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I checked the balance on ALL props.  The spin on props  were half good and the other needed some tweaking.  Two of them really needed it.  
2015-5-3
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

and speaking of balancers...who makes the correct threaded rods for the QR props?
2015-5-3
Use props
DJK
New
United States

I tried to thread my balancing rods into the QR props, and none of them fit. there are no threads in the QR props, so I am still looking for a method.
2015-5-3
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-4 05:11
Unlike some of the others posting to this thread, I DID find a need to balance when using the self-t ...

So just to clarify the ORIGINAL props were touch and go but the new QR props were 100% perfect?   If so that's encouraging.
2015-5-3
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Exactly the case with mine
2015-5-3
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-4 11:36
So just to clarify the ORIGINAL props were touch and go but the new QR props were 100% perfect?    ...

Yes - that was my experience.  About half the original self-tightening props needed varying degrees of balancing.  All 20 quick-release props were perfectly balanced out of the box.
2015-5-3
Use props
Hambone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 693209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perfect out of the box. The original hub lock props and the newer quick lock were all perfectly balanced.
2015-5-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-5-4 08:41
and speaking of balancers...who makes the correct threaded rods for the QR props?

I posted this above, I use this balancer for both styles of props. It threads into the self tightening prop and just snaps into the quick release prop perfectly.

This balancer is inexpensive.  Check it out.

http://www.infinity-hobby-jp.com ... 8d804a9845fa5a1e404
2015-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules