P3 Battery storage example
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

OK ... some ask about storage and how long they can leave them. We see so many answers that really there seems to be no real one.

I have maintained that a general eye should be kept on the charge level of the battery and if it gets to 1 solid + 1 flashing LED .... its time to full charge and let Auto system do its job again. Basically to avoid letting battery get into Hibernation Mode.

I can now report results of a close friend who has not flown his P3P since September 2017.

We were chatting about various and I asked him when he last flew it ... which led me to advise him to check his batterys !

He has BOTH batterys only showing 1 Led ......

So that is September 2017 - he placed on shelf fully charged and its now end of February 2018 and BOTH batterys showing only 1 LED.

That equates to about a 75% self discharge over approx. 5 months.

He is now charging them up to stop any further drain and possible Hibernation mode !!

We do not say everyone will experience same - but I can say this .... he is an experienced RC person and knows his LiPo's ... he also has DJI batterys that have had only minimal use.

Nigel
2018-2-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

That is terrifying.  I seem to remember a guy on here who started a thread last fall ... he was being deployed for nine months and wanted to know what to do...  the consensus was to do exactly what is said here since he didn't have any other option... I wonder how that will work out...

Thanks for posting

2018-2-25
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

I have to say that I was surprised as well. Given that batterys can sit on shop shelves for months ... it makes you think !!

Its certainly made me consider to identify a seller who has reasonable turnover of stock !! And it may explain why odd posts come up about strange battery antics when a new one is bought and fails ...

Nigel
2018-2-25
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

What I hope is that others can post up their observations and data. Maybe then we can average out the findings to have a general indication to work with.

Nigel
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules