Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 editor, distorted audio on transitions after publishing
3510 15 2018-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InnerBushman
lvl.1

Poland

Hi,

TL;DR: When I export from the editor, the music gets distorted on transition effects. Not the case inside the editor.

Some time ago I've got myself a Phantom 4. Until now I only filmed short clips that I showed to friends as is.  But yesterday I've decided to give it a try and use the DJI Go 4 app  built-in editor. I've tried the auto montage but it was awkward so i  decided to cobble together my own movie form.
After adding, adjustting and reordering the clips, setting the  transitions and filters I shared it on Facebook (sharing to youtube  failed for some reason). The audio in the video is choppy right at the  transition effects. I have no idea what is happening cause it sounded OK  in the editor. I've tried to google for solution but found none related  to audio. I even tried to locate the video on my mobile device to see  if it's an upload issue, but no. The video that is being created on the  device has distorted sound.

Question: what can I do to fix it?

Video in question here: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/zamek-w-mosznej

Thanks,
Bushman
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Bushman, could you be more specific about the distorted audio? I have a quick look at your video, but do not find any obvious issue. Could you confirm?
BTW, the footage looks great!
2018-2-26
Use props
InnerBushman
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-26 01:49
Hi Bushman, could you be more specific about the distorted audio? I have a quick look at your video, but do not find any obvious issue. Could you confirm?
BTW, the footage looks great!

Hi Susan, I've checked the Skypixel link again today but from a different computer and it seems to be OK. But the issue is still there if i play the same thing on Youtube for example or directly on my mobile Android device.
Here is a Youtube link, please take a look:
2018-2-26
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321398 ft
United States

You are taslking about that tinny sound to it? The only thing I can think of is what was the bit rate of the music you used? If you plan on uploading to youtube, look for music on youtube. Go in to the Creator Studio >Select the creat tab on the left then browse the audio library. As for editing, I would use your computer for that. Its possible something is just not going on right in the render.
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

InnerBushman Posted at 2018-2-26 05:03
Hi Susan, I've checked the Skypixel link again today but from a different computer and it seems to be OK. But the issue is still there if i play the same thing on Youtube for example or directly on my mobile Android device.
Here is a Youtube link, please take a look:

The audio on the Youtube video has been interrupted for several times, do you mean this? If yes, please kindly upload the original one to Dropbox and share the link with us, we'll double check.
2018-2-28
Use props
InnerBushman
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-28 02:57
The audio on the Youtube video has been interrupted for several times, do you mean this? If yes, please kindly upload the original one to Dropbox and share the link with us, we'll double check.

Yes, that's the thing... the music is being interrupted and there are loud pop noises in some places.
From what I've observed  not every video player has this issue but the ones that I'm using (mostly Youtube and android video player) all have this problem.

I really like the idea of being able to do the video montage on my mobile device and it would be really cool if this tool would get bugs fixed and improved output videos.

2018-2-28
Use props
InnerBushman
lvl.1

Poland

Sorry, the forums don't allow me to post dropbox URL! o_O?

Tying tiny URL https://tinyurl.com/ybrgpptz

*edit* well, this one seem to work.

2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

InnerBushman Posted at 2018-2-28 14:14
Sorry, the forums don't allow me to post dropbox URL! o_O?

Tying tiny URL https://tinyurl.com/ybrgpptz

Received with thanks! I've forwarded to our engineers for review, will come back if there is any update.
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Bushman, a quick question, which mobile do you use and what's the current APP version?
2018-3-5
Use props
InnerBushman
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-5 18:51
Hi Bushman, a quick question, which mobile do you use and what's the current APP version?

Hi Susan, the current app version is v4.2.6(526-googlePlay) and my Android version is 6.0.1, run on Lenovo P2 mobile phone.
I have auto-update enabled so the app version might not be the same if there was an update in the mean time.

2018-3-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

InnerBushman Posted at 2018-3-10 06:19
Hi Susan, the current app version is v4.2.6(526-googlePlay) and my Android version is 6.0.1, run on Lenovo P2 mobile phone.
I have auto-update enabled so the app version might not be the same if there was an update in the mean time.

Received with thanks! Our engineers are reviewing this, and I'll keep follow up as well.
2018-3-13
Use props
djiuser_JlGLbpdxHrzG
New

United States

Was there ever a resolution to this? I had the same problem when uploading directly from the app on my Galaxy S8 directly to Instagram and Facebook.
2018-11-10
Use props
fansecd5e027
New

Australia

djiuser_JlGLbpdxHrzG Posted at 2018-11-10 11:03
Was there ever a resolution to this? I had the same problem when uploading directly from the app on my Galaxy S8 directly to Instagram and Facebook.

It's nearly a year later and I still have the same issue with the audio cutting out at transitions. Obviously this wasn't fixed. I am using a brand new Google Pixel 3 which has plenty of power. So what is the problem? I can send you a link to my audio sample but I am prevented from posting it here.
2019-2-10
Use props
One-eye Gimbal
lvl.1
Sweden

I too have the same problem. It's actually the same soundtrack - kind of. You seem to have an extended version of it while I have a shorter version of the soundtrack. Anyway, I'm using a Galaxy Note 8 with Android version 9.
2019-5-17
Use props
djiuser_zK7hyXQBngNU
New

Myanmar

I'm having the same problems now .. i recorded with Osmo mobile 2 & LG V30  and now audio glitches happened  (same problem) while posting in social media .. somebody please help this problem :=(
2019-8-11
Use props
One-eye Gimbal
lvl.1
Vietnam

Over a year later and no fix to this.  

I'm sorry guys but Dji Go do no not seem to support this app.
2020-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules