Motorola Xoom tablet with DJI apps
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I've got a Motorola Xoom tablet with Android 4.1.2 that I have been unable to use with the DJI Vision App.  I can go into the Album, News and Settings with no problem but when I attempt to go into Camera it just dumps me back into the Android main screen.

I've already tried the recommended "fix" suggested by user drone some time ago:
   Go to the "Developer options" under the settings menu.
   Scroll down to "Don't keep activities".
   Uncheck box for: " Destroy every activity as soon as the user leaves it".
   Or just turn off the "Developer options" if you don't need it. I leave it on because I use USB debugging.

OK, let me shift gears for a moment.  While I'm waiting for my Phantom 3 to arrive I've been looking at what kind of tablet I'm going to need to get.  Out of curiositity I wondered how the Xoom would react to the DJI PILOT App and SHAZAM! It actually installed and seems to be running!  I won't know for sure until The Phantom 3  arrives and I can actually see if it connects but it would certainly be nice.  It would be downright delightful it I could manage to get the Xoom to work with both apps.

Anybody out there with any experience with a Motorola Xoom?

2015-5-2
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Gil,

My Xoom was a no go with my Phantom 2 vision+. Kept doing the same thing you noted, would just kick back out. I gave up. Too bad though would have made a decent recycled FPV.

Jerry
2015-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules