"Reformat Recommended" when trying to update firmware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansda58b1b1
New
United States

I've had a firmware update for quite some time now, but when I try to complete the update I get a message saying "reformat recommended." I've tried reformatting my SD card in Disk Utility on my Mac and no format seems to resolve the issue.

Has anyone had this issue before? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

David
2018-2-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Try formatting the SD card in the aircraft, it knows how to do it, your Mac does not have a clue.
2018-2-25
Use props
fansda58b1b1
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-25 15:52
Try formatting the SD card in the aircraft, it knows how to do it, your Mac does not have a clue.

Yes! That was all it took, thank you for your help!
2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi David, it is recommended to format the SD card on the aircraft. Then check performance to see whether everything works well.
2018-2-26
Use props
djiuser_9l9cQIvgyYbO
New
Flight distance : 68219 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-25 15:52

I’m new to this so I don’t understand what you mean by formatting it. I have enough storage and stuff on the sd card but I cannot get it to update.
2023-9-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_9l9cQIvgyYbO Posted at 9-12 11:48
I’m new to this so I don’t understand what you mean by formatting it. I have enough storage and stuff on the sd card but I cannot get it to update.

Hello there. You can format your SD using the remote controller connected to the drone using the DJI Go 4 by going to the camera view and then selecting this icon:
-
Then select the gear icon for the settings, scroll down and you will see "Format SD card"
I hope this helps. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules