Connections for GoPro, Mini IOSD, FPV Tx without Using a gimbal?
2233 4 2015-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jetjocchris
New

United States

Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone has hooked up their phantom without using a gimbal for fpv? I have a phantom 2, gopro hero 4, mini iosd, and immersion rc av tx. I'm confused about how to make the connections without using a gimbal. I want the iosd readouts on screen but don't understand how to run the wiring to the tx. Is it possible to use the plug and play wiring for this?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
2015-5-2
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Haven't seen it. I don't think it would be impossible. The cable that comes out of the Phantom that connects  to the gimbal would have to be modified since it carries the video signal from the GoPro through the mini-usb port.
2015-5-3
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

Hooking up a standalone GoPro is not a major issue and is done often.
However the closest you will get to plug and play is using the FPV hub which you can purchase at many places,
But even here you will have to splice and connect the cables from the transmitter and camera to the hub wires.  
It can also be done without the FPV hub with a little more splicing of cables.
2015-5-3
Use props
Jackvg
lvl.2

Netherlands

I did this in the beginning with my phantom 1 without gimbal. Its really easy, if you have the schematics from the TX and your gopro cable. If you have iOSD, you can put this between your TX and GoPro cable.
I dont know if you can do anything with this, but i used a Tarot T-2D gopro cable which has the following pinouts: Black = GND, White = Audio, Yellow = Video out.
My Video TX (Boscam) had similar connections, and the pinouts were given with the TX. GND to GND, and Video out to video in. I did not have the iOSD back then, but i should be something like this:

2015-5-3
Use props
jetjocchris
New

United States

Awesome guys!! Thanks... I will look into it further and figure out which route I want to take. May just end up throwing a gimbal on it for video and pics and a separate ccd for fpv.. just for the sake of keeping it simple... Thanks again!!!
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules