Phantom 2 with Spektrum DX9
1856 9 2018-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansadbe3aac
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone on here succesfully converted there phantom 2 over to a spektrum receiver and transmitter? I am using a DX9 Black and 8 channel Orange Spektrum receiver with S-Bus.  I followed this attached you tube video but it seems my TX controls are backwards. Throttle is really aileron ect. What am I missing here. Is my naza different from the one in this video? It looks the same. Says Phantom II on the side. Any help would be gretly appreceated.

2018-2-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Could it be you're in Mode 1 instead of Mode 2 or vice versa?  
2018-2-26
Use props
fansadbe3aac
lvl.1

United States

Are you talking about transmitter settings in dji assistant or settings on the tx itself?
2018-2-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I'm referring to the controller mode in Phantom Assistant.  The sticks can be switched by changing the mode.  
2018-2-26
Use props
fansadbe3aac
lvl.1

United States

Ok. I think I just discovered what you are talking about. It appears there are two separate RC assistant apps. RC system and phantom 2. RC system app has mode 1 and 2. it looks like this is just transmitter settings only? I assumed it was for the stock TX when I downloaded it and opened it for the first time. Phantom 2 app has stick calibration as well. Why the heck they don't include all settings in one app is ridiculous. I will plug my phantom in and open that app and see if that is the issue. Thanks.
2018-2-26
Use props
Pilot Dave
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-2-26 08:23
I'm referring to the controller mode in Phantom Assistant.  The sticks can be switched by changing the mode.

Hey Mark. So I'm at the end of my rope with this conversion. It looked so simple in the video. The Phantom 2 assistant I down loaded has no option for mode 1 and mode 2. Maybe this wont work on my version? I have tried everything. I replied to the video in hope of getting some assistance. If I assign my throttle, ect. per the video, the channels don't correspond to mode one and two even. My throttle is in the aileron position which is where it says to put it and that's where it ends up. In the video his ends up where it is supposed to be on the left up and down.
2018-2-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

You're right, sorry.  Mine doesn't either.  Phantom Asst has a way to calibrate the RC by using the basic/RC tab, but there is no way to choose what mode.  You have to use the RC asst to choose the mode, apparently.  My bad.  I don't know anything about this - switching of remotes.  I was just giving you an idea.  So sounds like you're stuck in Mode 1 if you use that remote.  

May I ask why you're trying to change the remote?  
2018-2-27
Use props
Pilot Dave
lvl.1

United States

No worries. I appreciate any help I can get with this conversion. It's getting rather frustrating. The video made it look so easy. Hobby King discontinued that particular Orange receiver so I used the new version of it but it is still an 8 channel s bus. To answer your final question, Being a long time RC guy I am used to holding a full size transmitter instead of the little toy like Dji TX. Being an RC modeler and a tinkerer it has become an obsession and a personal conquest. I also just upgraded from an old JR 9303 TX to the DX9 and wanted to see if I could change the receiver and fly it with a regular TX. Thats when I came across this vid. and have been stuck in this rabbit hole for days. Lol.
2018-2-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Haha ok... I understand what you mean.... lol

Good luck
2018-2-27
Use props
Pilot Dave
lvl.1