Feature request for active track and Mavic Air. Multiple subjects.
1865 10 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey all, as I understand it the Air can see up to 16 people for selection within active track. This is great but you can only choose one subject to track at a time. Wouldnt it be cool if you could choose more than one subject to track and to keep all of them in frame. The first person selected could be the primary subject and anything or anyone that is selected after becomes a secondary subject. The secondary subjects will be kept in frame with the primary subject but not at the expense of the primary subject. If the subjects are close together the mavic can just follow as normal. If they spread out while moving, all it has to do is stop and it will keep them in frame as they move away. If someone drops out of frame then it could catch up to the others in the group. Only the primary has control (gestures/smartcapture).

This idea just popped into my head because yesterday I went out exploring with my daughter and got a load of footage using activetrack and its mostly of just me in the middle of the frame while she was bimbling about or her as she was exploring with me just at the side of the frame. I would have loved it if the Mavic captured us both in frame while we were exploring. Sure I could have manually shot the footage but I would have been paying attention to the controller and the Mavic and less time actually getting involved in things and one of the reasons I have the Spark and the Mavic Air is because I can use Gesture control to send them up and away and capture content, allowing me to take part in things.

What do you guys think of this idea.
DJI, do you think its possible?

Single SelectVote, Total 6 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for your suggestion, I will forward your idea to our engineers. Hope there will be a greater function of the intelligent flight modes.
2018-2-26
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Yes, actually this should already work. It was advertised.

Maybe you have to drag a square around them?
2018-2-27
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

xfirf_ Posted at 2018-2-27 00:24
Yes, actually this should already work. It was advertised.

Maybe you have to drag a square around them?

Really? I searched everywhere I could to see if I was missing something but to no avail. I did find other drone manufacturers that have a similar feature though. I really hope you guys get this to work DJI, and not just on a newer model.
2018-2-27
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-2-27 00:48
Really? I searched everywhere I could to see if I was missing something but to no avail. I did find other drone manufacturers that have a similar feature though. I really hope you guys get this to work DJI, and not just on a newer model.

The manual says it can track multiple persons, but it does not say "at once".
Maybe you have to switch manually from person to person.
2018-2-27
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

xfirf_ Posted at 2018-2-27 02:19
The manual says it can track multiple persons, but it does not say "at once".
Maybe you have to switch manually from person to person.

Yeah, i saw that, if you want to change who its following the new person just holds their hand up and it will switch to them. It will recognize three or more peace signs from a group to take a group photo.
2018-2-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting concept!
2018-2-27
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Haha only two other people interested in this?Here is what helped spark the idea along.
AT.png
2018-3-1
Use props
chimenti.jacopo
New

Hong Kong

Thanks for your advice,we will take this advice into consideration.
2018-3-2
Use props
Tobliug
lvl.1

France

Hey,

1 year after, I am definitely in for this feature !
Any update here ?
Looks like it's still only tracking one subject at a time, making the tracking system loosing the subject when the drone is doing a circle around 2 subjects... ( when the second subject is in front of the first selected one)

The ability to track a group would be just amazing !

Thanks for your update.
2019-5-14
Use props
djiuser_QbIbpusFMjEM
lvl.1

United States

love the idea.  related, it would be a nice feature to track multiple subjects but only follow the one closest to the orientation selected.  so for example in a cycling group ride multiple subjects could be selected from the front and whoever is in front is who is followed.
3-21 05:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules