DJI GO 4 APP SIGN IN
11420 13 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ber31
lvl.1
France

Hello,
I would like to know if there is a way not to be asked by the DJI GO 4 app to sign in prior to fly my mavic pro.
My concern is that , next summer, I will be  in an area where wifi or network will not  be available ie : Arctic region .And I will surely frustrated not to fly because of this problem.
I have noticed that , if the drone is not operated quite often ( let say every week ) the app sign in is always asked.  
Thanks in advance for your advice
Bernard

2018-2-26
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I only signed in once and that was last year when I got my MP. Because of the weather here my MP sits for weeks. I haven't been  asked to sign in for it not being used.
Hopefully one of the Administers can help.
2018-2-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've only logged in once, and perhaps again after one of the DJI Go 4 updates if I remember correctly (The memory cell might be wrong though). You could perhaps disable App' update after you've logged into it.
Flying in Arctic region more likely will pose other problems with temperature, wind, weather and GPS/GLONASS reception.
2018-2-26
Use props
ber31
lvl.1
France

Thanks for your feedback .
I have already disabled App update since the installation of the rev 1.9  ( no major bugs )  performed several months ago.   
  I am  asked  to install a newer app version every time I start a new flight . Then I refuse and generally I have no sign up ... But  this time ...
Another point , as I am located  near a  NFZ, So , I am obliged  to answer yes to a pop up which is displayed on the screen  
Moreover  I do not accept  an update of the NFZ maps wich is proposed to me ,  too.
Now you know all the details.
2018-2-26
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

With that level of resistance you should not be surprised to encounter problems... ;-)
2018-2-26
Use props
ber31
lvl.1
France

In fact the NFZ concern  should not be ( is not ) a real  problem because I can fly anyway after successfully signing in ...
For the next coming flights I will  double check that my smartphone will be in flight mode prior to  start the  Dji GO 4  app  in order to be sure that it is not the root cause.
If the problem occurs  another time, I will have to investigate more deeply  and will let you know .
2018-2-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ber31 Posted at 2018-2-26 12:22
Thanks for your feedback .
I have already disabled App update since the installation of the rev 1.9  ( no major bugs )  performed several months ago.   
  I am  asked  to install a newer app version every time I start a new flight . Then I refuse and generally I have no sign up ... But  this time ...

I use all the latest updates with my Mavic pro and as yet have not been aware of any problems. If you're in the Polar region then DJI suggest that Positioning will not work. So you may be flying in ATTI mode without an option to RTH (No reliable GPS/GLONASS ?).
2018-2-26
Use props
ber31
lvl.1
France

I tried app up to version 4;1;18 and faced several problems ( main one was a bad video pixellized return ) , that is why I came back to 4.1.9 version.
Yes in polar Region I will surely affected by the problems you spoke about . I will fly in manual mode with good  weathger conditions only :-) .
By the way there is not a manually selected ATTI mode  on the Mavic Pro . isn't it ?
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Bernard, theoretically, if you had signed in the account on the app, it will not ask you to do it again unless you quit it manually or reinstall the app. You can check the app status when the internet is available.
2018-2-26
Use props
ber31
lvl.1
France

Hello Thor,
Theoritically ... In fact the  App status is that I am today  always with the 4.1.9 .. . I   never left it and  never re-installed  it  since  september 2017 ...
So, what's next  ...??? Mystery ???
Best regards
2018-2-27
Use props
ber31
lvl.1
France

I did a trial this afternoon. And again I have been asked to sign in ...
Note that : 1) I was in flight mode on my smartphone and 2) prior this sign in, a DJI go create pop up was present .
I did the sign up  ( with a Wifi connection ) then I was asked to load a new softxware revision for the Mavic ( that I skipped ) . Then I  took off , flew  and landed few minutes afterwards .
I switched off MP , Radio controller , Dji go4 app and the smartphone .
Then I did a second trial . Switched on my smartphone , then the Dji go 4 app . This time I had no concern with a new sign up neither a dji go create pop up . Every thing was fine. Then I switched ON MP and controller .
Again I was asked to upload a new revision of software for MP ( I skipped it) Then I flew again without problem...
Funny isn't it? The theory and the practice are quite different .
I will re iterate to morrow again ...
If you have any idea which could help me ..
Regards
2018-2-27
Use props
jfnoteboom.gmail
lvl.1
United States

ASSistant 2
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, I would like to ask if you're having a problem signing into your DJI Assistant 2? If yes, you may use your DJI account to access on your DJI Assistant 2, however, you could create a different account to possibly access this said application. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-4-17
Use props
djiuser_UtwjC8Sk2ris
New

United States

The verification code keeps changing every single time I try to enter a password
2020-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules