Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Charging Batteries out in the nowhere - Solutions?
2098 46 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

TeddyGon Posted at 2018-2-28 07:50
Had you seen this? Could be a good Alternative for you. This Monster is portable and also packed with every Port to use for every Usecase i think.

Cannot set the Link (every Time i get the "not allowed Message" wtf?!?) Look at Kickstarter dot Com. And then search vor "Dronemax360".... i think that could be the answer.

I don't think you can fly with that. I'll assume given the size it's using lithium cells and it's got over 200 watt hours of power.
2018-2-28
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

TeddyGon Posted at 2018-2-28 07:50
Had you seen this? Could be a good Alternative for you. This Monster is portable and also packed with every Port to use for every Usecase i think.

Cannot set the Link (every Time i get the "not allowed Message" wtf?!?) Look at Kickstarter dot Com. And then search vor "Dronemax360".... i think that could be the answer.

That's a neat package, but at some expense and just 4 charging cycles before it needs a recharge itself.

with a little googling:
http://www.photorentaliceland.com/

2018-2-28
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Canada

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-2-28 08:38
That's a neat package, but at some expense and just 4 charging cycles before it needs a recharge itself.

with a little googling:

What does renting profoto gear from a very broken website have to do with charging Mavic batteries?
2018-2-28
Use props
Silverhammer92
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15869 ft
Switzerland

Thank you guys for the help.
Buying a Powerbank won't solve the problem - on one handsyde it's just a solution for a very short time, on the other hand i might get in trouble bringing it on the plane.
Buying a car-battery in Iceland (or renting one if I could find something like that) seems to be the most solid solution - even tho not the most elegant I must say. And it brings some complications like: How do I safely transport the battery, how do I recharge it, etc. etc.

So if something else cops in somebodys mind: all help still is much apreciated! :-)
2018-2-28
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

eyecapture Posted at 2018-2-28 13:19
What does renting profoto gear from a very broken website have to do with charging Mavic batteries?

You are right, I thought they had those batterypacks in the picture for rent, but they are not exactly intended for this kind of use.

I'm fairly confident you can hire what is needed in Reykjavik, because Iceland has a lot of tourism.(you can even rent dones) And probably the car rental company could even hook you up with an electical solution.
2018-3-1
Use props
Silverhammer92
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15869 ft
Switzerland

I appreciate all the help you guys are providing.

I am a bit hesitant of relying on the rental company because I might go with a private rental (similar to airbnb) for the cheaper price.

I did some research and found something. I cannot input a link here so please look at the screenshot down below to see the article.

What i need to know now:
1) Does this work for charging mavic pro batteries?
2) How many cycles would that be?
3) How do I charge this thing up? I guess i can hook it up to the car, but how long would it take me to bring it to 100%? and is it possible to use charge this in a normal powerplug?

I used google translate to translate the specs... I guess you might need this for my questions ;-)

Lightweight and simple single lead lead lead lead. Charging lever, load and reversal protection, fast loading and start (Boost). Power: 180W. Battery: 12V. Charging: 1.5A. Start maximum: 100A Start: 60A Charging: 15A 15 hour loading: 150 Ah. Weight: 3.3Kg Size LxBxH: 130x173x240mm.

powersolution.JPG
2018-3-6
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Canada

Get yourself a small generator like a Honda 2000i. That's your only solution. You can probably rent one. It's very quiet and way more environment friendly than idling your car.
2018-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules