New Vision Pilot app on android (Follow Me / Ground Station / POI)
5200 10 2015-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Vision Pilot Android v3.06 is available at
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ogearhk.visionpilot

Bug report can be sent to our group.

- Add GPS Mode (More info at http://www.facebook.com/notes/vi ... de/1656425924591115)
Hover : rotate your phantom to point to your android device while hovering at specified altitude.
Follow : track your android device at a specified bearing, altitude and distance.
Circle: orbit a point of interest while pointing towards your android device.

- Add Voice Alert : Report command(eg. "Take off", "Landed") or repeat warning messages(eg. "Low Battery Level", "GPS Malfunction") at a specified interval.
- Add Take Photo / Record Button      

Follow Me Demo:
Phantom flies in front of the android device, facing towards it and maintaining a specified distance.

Side Pan: Phantom keeps pace with the android device on either their left or right side, faces towards it, and maintains a specified distance.

Circle mode:

Ground Station with banked turn:

Circle POI

2015-5-3
Use props
Riff Raff
lvl.2

United States

Interesting app.  I briefly looked at the FB page, but I didn't spend a lot of time there.  Sorry if I have missed anything obvious.  I hope someone might help me with a few questions about this app.

I do not have the Phantom 2 Vision +.  I have a Phantom 2 Vision and an Android smart phone (with gps).  I have recently upgraded my controller to fly in NAZA mode.  Does this matter?  

This app is ready to work with my Phantom 2 Vision and my Android smart phone, right?  How many people are flying their Phantom's with this app?

I see that you need 10m gps accuracy.  Any other requirements to fly with this app?  Are there any particular situations to avoid with this app (other than normal safe flying requirements)?

What happens with the Fail Safe settings?  Does the Phantom still remember it's original take off position if there is a controller disconnect?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.
2015-5-6
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Riff Raff Posted at 2015-5-6 16:46
Interesting app.  I briefly looked at the FB page, but I didn't spend a lot of time there.  Sorry if ...

Currently it works only on phantom 2 vision +   

If you use the follow me feature, it is highly recommended that you use phantom mode.     You need an android device that supports compass since the computation to locate your position is based on your device GPS data and heading.   

Running follow me requires your phantom operated in Ground station mode.  Before going to failsafe, you need to toggle the remote S1 switch to Atti mode to regain manual control.  Our app does not change the home point, so your phantom still remember its original take off position.  
2015-5-6
Use props
Riff Raff
lvl.2

United States

YKM Posted at 2015-5-6 21:03
Currently it works only on phantom 2 vision +   

If you use the follow me feature, it is highly re ...

Do you have plans to expand this app to the Phantom 2 Vision?
2015-5-8
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Riff Raff Posted at 2015-5-8 16:41
Do you have plans to expand this app to the Phantom 2 Vision?

yes.  we will work on it and get you all updated.
2015-5-8
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

The Ultimate Selfie!! Cool!
2015-5-8
Use props
tdmuther
lvl.1

United States

Will you be making an app like this for the Inspire 1 and Phantom Vision 3?
2015-5-16
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

tdmuther@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-17 11:06
Will you be making an app like this for the Inspire 1 and Phantom Vision 3?

yes.  the beta version already have the phantom 3 support.  but since the public firmware does not have the GS support, we are still waiting for DJI to enable the GS to have full featured app release.
2015-5-19
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thanks for DJI releasing the SDK to public.   POI Point of interest function will be possible soon.  More testing still needed:

Video from Phantom Vision + Plus

Screen capture of our android phone
2015-5-22
Use props
YKM
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Yesterday we spent some time to test the circle POI mode more using Phantom 2 Vision Plus . We would like to share the video

2015-6-7
Use props
HalloweenBob
lvl.1

United States

YKM Posted at 2015-5-19 20:58
yes.  the beta version already have the phantom 3 support.  but since the public firmware does not ...

Is it possible for me to get in on the beta testing for this app? I am more interested in POI than GS, so I'm not concerned that the GS portion isn't functional yet.

I am using a P3P and running the latest firmware, v1.2.6

I am using a Google Nexus 7 ii running Android OS

Will that firmware be a problem? Is there a link to the beta version or someplace to sign up?
2015-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules