Gimbal dead and PT2 assistant issue
1414 8 2015-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knutrobberstad
lvl.1

Norway

My gimbal is dead after utdate. I assume that is the case. I do have updatet the last:firmavare v3.14 and assist v3.8
Vision+ Central Board Firmware* v1.0.2.10
Central Board Firmware* v1.0.2.10Vision 2 plus first edition.
When I connect to the assist it seems like the assist change to vision 2. But the vision I have connectedis vision 2 +
I can´t move the gimbal but I can take photos and videos. The iphone app shows a red button whene you shange the angel of the gimbal.

When i start up Vision2 plus the gimbal dont move at all.

Skjermbilde 2015-05-01 kl. 15.08.55.png
This layout shows when I start the assistant software
but disappear when I  connect vision 2 plus.

Skjermbilde 2015-05-01 kl. 15.08.30.png

Then this layout shows up ( this is for vision 2 ) but I have vision2 plus connected.

The drone flies like normal but irritating to not get use of the gimbal.

Anybody who can help, much apriciated ?

2015-5-3
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The PT2 assistant should auto-detect which model it is connected to, I would delete and re-download it then try connecting again, maybe using the USB lead that came with the phantom.
Also, there is no gimbal tab on the V+ when its connected properly.
2015-5-3
Use props
knutrobberstad
lvl.1

Norway

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-3 20:29
The PT2 assistant should auto-detect which model it is connected to, I would delete and re-download  ...

Thanks for your reply.
I have tried to reinstall assist several time. Also tried on other computer. Both PC and Mac. Not Working.
Same happened on both PC and Mac.
I have tried all tips I have fount on this forum and cant see howe to fix this issue.
Any suggestions ?
2015-5-3
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I run Windows and Android and have never seen a Red button on the app in place of the tilt control.
Sounds like you have eliminated all the usual suspects, not really much I can add, sorry...
WIN Drivers can be temperamental, but as you have tried it on a MAC that rules them out.
I guess you could have a faulty micro USB port on the Phantom ?
2015-5-3
Use props
knutrobberstad
lvl.1

Norway

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-5-4 00:57
I run Windows and Android and have never seen a Red button on the app in place of the tilt control.

Thanks for your support.
I have now tried the assist software on my friends Vision2 plus and as you say there is no tab for gimbal.
Also the heading on the screen says vision +.
No doubt. The software sees my vision 2 plus as a vision 2.
I then have to look further on the internet to see if I can find any solution.

2015-5-3
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

I would do two things. Unload the assistant from the pc. Go back to DJI download and be sure you are going to the download section for Phantom 2 plus and the try,it again.if that doesn't work then look in the assistant under upgrade and see if you have a line item that says Zen  IMU. If that item is missing the it's time to say hello support because they will have to reload the IMU firmware for the gimbal. If the Zen Imu line item is there then you should be able to get it back will manual RC calibration. Give it a shot and let us know how you make out.
2015-5-3
Use props
knutrobberstad
lvl.1

Norway

The Zen IMU line item is not showing up.
2015-5-3
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

That's to bad, with it not being there its time to call technical support and they will most likely do as they did for one of my quads. RMA back to Calif. for repair. Don't get in a rush, turn around time is running about  8 weeks from door to door.  The have to reload the firmware. But talk to them there may be other solutions by now. Not sure.
2015-5-4
Use props
knutrobberstad
lvl.1

Norway

Thanks,

I have now RMA my Vision plus to DJI.

Hope to get it back soon.

Thanks for all support.
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced