Inspire 2 don't have BACKWARD SENSORS?
3807 22 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user01b44c8868
New
Flight distance : 23917 ft
Guatemala

I had a crash with my inspire 2 IN MY FIRTS FLYING!!!!  Somebody can tell me...  Why this EXPENSIVE drone don´t have a Backward sensors? This is really ridiculous for me!
2018-2-26
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

You can't rely on sensors to do the safe flying for you.  Most professionals actually turn them off because they are more of a hindrance than a help in many cases, so obstacle avoidance is more useful in cheaper, consumer level drones.
2018-2-26
Use props
Linuxglobal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380121 ft
Canada

Blackwood Posted at 2018-2-26 08:47
You can't rely on sensors to do the safe flying for you.  Most professionals actually turn them off because they are more of a hindrance than a help in many cases, so obstacle avoidance is more useful in cheaper, consumer level drones.

I see the OP point about the lack of sensors. But the truth is certainly that sensors can cause a lot of limitations especially filming indoors.

I have an Inspire 1 pro and the downward sensors are the only real needed item.

Fly safe out there, always be the sensor in command = the pilot
2018-2-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi
The Inspire 2 is a professional drone that has many advanced features and camera options. As a pro most of the OA sensors are not used for many shoots. These will come in handy when you are filming objects further away from the pilot. I do not think this is a real deal breaker and have the P4P for tight areas that require OA on all sides.

I understand your question but maybe you should consider the P4P (nice drone too)

To be honest most of the time, these OA are turned off on My I2 and rely on the pilots ability.

Rich
2018-2-26
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

One of the reasons I brought the I2 was for obstacle avoidance.

Buggered up a shot on my first shoot, never turned it on since
2018-2-26
Use props
user01b44c8868
New
Flight distance : 23917 ft
Guatemala

Thanks for your op!  I was flying in a empty stadium, the i2 was so far from me, everything going good until the i2 come backward really close from one stadium lamp and... boom! never stopped cause the inspire 2 DON´T HAVE BACKWARD SENSOR.  i´cant beleave this!
2018-2-26
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

user01b44c8868 Posted at 2018-2-26 13:10
Thanks for your op!  I was flying in a empty stadium, the i2 was so far from me, everything going good until the i2 come backward really close from one stadium lamp and... boom! never stopped cause the inspire 2 DON´T HAVE BACKWARD SENSOR.  i´cant beleave this!

So you were flying at distance and in the proximity of a structure.
The Inspire backed into an object you didn't or couldn't navigate safely around due to distance and it crashed. It is at this point you express surprise at the aircraft not having an ability to sense objects to its rear.

When you decided to purchase the aircraft did you understand what features and capabilities it had?
When you received the aircraft, did you read and familiarise yourself with the manual and the capabilities and restrictions of the obstacle avoidance sensors? (Page 24)
When you reached site and planned the flight, did you review the location to identify the hazards present? (light poles, overhead cables, signage, etc.)
Did you review and assess your capability to maintain control and safety of the aircraft at distance in that location as part of your flight planning?
Did you consider moving your position closer to that location so that you could manage proximity safely?

Sorry that his happened to you, no-one likes to hear of anyone crashing and I hope that the repair is not too expensive. I know you are upset about the crash, but it's time to reflect on what happened and take some learning from it to improve your flight operations in future.
2018-2-26
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-2-26 16:52
The Inspire backed into an object you didn't or couldn't navigate safely around due to distance and it crashed. It is at this point you express surprise at the aircraft not having an ability to sense objects to its rear.

Exactly!

Just because the FAA has no authority inside a structure does not mean you should overlook basic safety protocols called for in Part 107. If fact, being indoors is a bigger reason to do preflight recon and planning. And like Farnk666 said, you should know your bird's capabilities and limitations BEFORE you ever fly it whether you are a professional or not.  Sorry to hear about the crash, but this is pilot error, not aircraft limitation.
2018-2-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-2-26 16:52

Nicely said, I completely agree and totally missed this point upon  first reading the OP. I didn't realize he was blaming the I2 for running into the structure because it didn't have rear sensors.  

Rich

2018-2-27
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Duplicate
Duplicate
Duplicate
2018-2-27
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Inspire 2 doesn't advertise rear sensors either.  I think I'm missing the point here.
2018-2-27
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Inspire 2 has a dedicated pilot view and camera-operators position.  This allows the pilot to look forward and not have to fly backwards to achieve a receding shot.  The camera operator can look backwards, to the side, look down and up during flight allowing the pilot to concentrate on obstacle avoidance.  If you are not using this feature you have wasted a lot of money on this aircraft.  Train a camera operator and charge clients accordingly.  Don't blame the aircraft for pilot error.  You want sensors buy the Mavic Air.
2018-2-27
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

user01b44c8868 Posted at 2018-2-26 13:10
Thanks for your op!  I was flying in a empty stadium, the i2 was so far from me, everything going good until the i2 come backward really close from one stadium lamp and... boom! never stopped cause the inspire 2 DON´T HAVE BACKWARD SENSOR.  i´cant beleave this!

I don't like to be this way, but, you should be concentrating on your flying. You can't just push things around and hope that it doesn't hit anything. In the I2 specs and ads, there are no mention of rear sensors. Sorry about your crash but it is no one's fault but your own.
2018-2-27
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

What's the front camera for? You can point the main camera backwards at your subject and fly forward. That's what the design logic was but obviously engineers think differently from customers, and perhaps too logically. This is professional device not a toy... Sorry, but you are not going to get much sympathy from other owners here....
2018-2-27
Use props
MaxP4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

1) Buy the Inspire 2
2) Open the box and read carefully the quick start guide
3) Unboxing with a lot of fun
4) Read the manual
5) Charge the batteries and update app and firmware
6) In the meantime read another time the manual
7) Suggested  some tutorials on YouTube
7.1) You remember all the buttons on the remote? And all the functions on the app? Yes -> Go to 8 | No -> Back to 6
8) Now you can try to fly in a place with no trees, no poles and not far for you
9) Inspire 2 is a professional "toys" so you need a lot of experience to use so... try, try, try but in safety places!
10) ...think if there was a person instead of the pole.

The drones are toys, some small and others like the Inspire, big. If used badly they can do a lot of damage... be careful.
2018-2-28
Use props
Flying Visions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5655761 ft
Portugal

Before you bought Inspire 2 did you watch the videos or did you go to the official webpage of the product to check information about the sensors?
I think not, and that was your first error.
If you want rear sensors wait for Inspire 2 Pro.
2018-2-28
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew a Phantom 3 into a tree while flying backwards. It was my fault - completely stupid. One thing that it did teach me is to never, never fly backwards. The best part of the I2 is that you set up the camera and instead of flying backwards, turn the bird and fly nose first. Not only do you have sensors, but more importantly, you have the FPV camera pointing at anything that might be in your way.
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the crash accident, but Inspire 2 does not have the rear obstacle avoidance function, please read the user manual and get familiar with the drone before flying and we recommend to fly in open area and fly cautiously.
Please contact our support to start a ticket and send in the drone for repair service.
2018-3-4
Use props
Thinglenn40
lvl.1
Flight distance : 448829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m sorry that you crashed your Inspire 2. It sounds like this is your first drone. Quite an expensive bird for your first purchase. I own one as well but it’s my 6th real drone. My first was a Walkera QX R350. Had so called GPS but was very unstable! What it did do was taught me how to fly and keep control of the craft. I think DJI now makes the drones so easy to take out of the box and get up in the air that a lot of folks cannot pilot their drone if they happen to get into trouble. My suggestion is to get the Inspire fixed and then pick up a lesser priced drone to learn on. A mavic is great because of the size and it has front and back sensors. After you improve your skills you will start to realize the sensors are more of a hindrance!  
Moving forward always survey the area you are flying in. The more familiar you are with your surroundings the less likely you are to have an accident.
2018-3-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thinglenn40 Posted at 2018-3-4 16:30
I’m sorry that you crashed your Inspire 2. It sounds like this is your first drone. Quite an expensive bird for your first purchase. I own one as well but it’s my 6th real drone. My first was a Walkera QX R350. Had so called GPS but was very unstable! What it did do was taught me how to fly and keep control of the craft. I think DJI now makes the drones so easy to take out of the box and get up in the air that a lot of folks cannot pilot their drone if they happen to get into trouble. My suggestion is to get the Inspire fixed and then pick up a lesser priced drone to learn on. A mavic is great because of the size and it has front and back sensors. After you improve your skills you will start to realize the sensors are more of a hindrance!  
Moving forward always survey the area you are flying in. The more familiar you are with your surroundings the less likely you are to have an accident.

Nicely stated... except the Mavic Pro doesn't have sensors in the rear either. I thought I better say something incase he buys the Mavic and complains it doesn't have rear sensors after crashing it.

The P4 series has rear sensors....  try that one  

Rich
2018-3-4
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Kingdom

To be fair it sounds like another case of someone not reading the manual and not understanding the limitations of the equipment before flying!

Sorry that you've crashed your drone but not much sympathy here I'm afraid. You need to learn to understand what you are flying BEFORE that first flight and don't fly in such a small area on your first attempts. A nice wide open space where you can practice manoeuvres and understand how the drone flies and responds.

Oh well. You live and (hopefully) learn from your mistakes. This one was quite a costly error!!
2018-3-5
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4
United States

You're mad because you had zero clue what you were doing, and it's clearly a flaw that led to the crash? So, if it had the sensors and crashed, what would you blame? The sensors for not being perfect? And how about when the sensors pick up the sun and cause it to not RTH? Then it's terrible that you couldn't fly backwards to not set off the sensors?
2018-3-7
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope dji will take off all the sensors in the new machine, we pros do not need them and they are useless
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules