Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X7 green image flaw
4998 21 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lars L.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2333182 ft
Germany

Hello pilots,
while using the X7 camera in combination with the 16mm lens in bracketing mode, I got 9 pictures in a row, that looked like the one below.
These 9 photos were the only out of the 2500+ photos, which looked like that.

Does anyone has an idea what may caused that strange anomaly?

Thank you very much in advance.

Lars

DJI_0786.jpg

2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Lars, could you please upload the original footage to Dropbox or Google Driver and then post the link here so that we can download to make further analysis?
This issue happens occasionally right? What is the temperature when you shoot? May I have the firmware version of the aircraft and camera? Thank you.
2018-2-26
Use props
Lars L.
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-26 23:55
Hi Lars, could you please upload the original footage to Dropbox or Google Driver and then post the link here so that we can download to make further analysis?
This issue happens occasionally right? What is the temperature when you shoot? May I have the firmware version of the aircraft and camera? Thank you.

Hi Mindy,

you can download the raw files here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... 8LThVrSpO5D9_iOsxJn

No I only had the issue once.
While taking the photos the outside air temperature was around 30°C.

The Inspire 2's firmware is: 01.01.0300
The camera's firmware is: 01.07.20.89

Thank you very much for your reply.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lars L. Posted at 2018-2-27 05:52
Hi Mindy,

you can download the raw files here:

Thank you very much for the details, the issue will be forwarded to our engineers for analysis, I will keep you updated once I hear from them, thanks for the patience.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Just to clarify, did you notice if the image transmission had the green color when you took pictures? What about the JPG and videos? What is the type of your SD card? Thanks for your input in advance.
2018-2-28
Use props
Lars L.
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-28 00:52
Just to clarify, did you notice if the image transmission had the green color when you took pictures? What about the JPG and videos? What is the type of your SD card? Thanks for your input in advance.

No while taking photos, the live video on the iPad looked just normal.
I shoot in RAW only and when making videos I never experienced such an issue.
The SD Card was either a SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64 GB microSDXC or a Lexar 633x 16GB (the one that came with the Inspire2).
Thanks for caring about that issue.

Lars
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lars L. Posted at 2018-2-28 04:43
No while taking photos, the live video on the iPad looked just normal.
I shoot in RAW only and when making videos I never experienced such an issue.
The SD Card was either a SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64 GB microSDXC or a Lexar 633x 16GB (the one that came with the Inspire2).

Sorry for the late response, our engineers are still making analysis, please keep us updated without any hesitation if the issue happens again, I will let you know once there is any update.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lars L. Posted at 2018-2-28 04:43
No while taking photos, the live video on the iPad looked just normal.
I shoot in RAW only and when making videos I never experienced such an issue.
The SD Card was either a SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64 GB microSDXC or a Lexar 633x 16GB (the one that came with the Inspire2).

Sorry for the late response, our engineers are still making analysis, please keep us updated without any hesitation if the issue happens again, I will let you know once there is any update.
2018-3-6
Use props
Lars L.
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-6 22:21
Sorry for the late response, our engineers are still making analysis, please keep us updated without any hesitation if the issue happens again, I will let you know once there is any update.

No worries.
2018-3-7
Use props
charlesetischer
lvl.2

Hong Kong

We are sorry that this is a bug in our camera system causing wrong setting in the image processing chip. This rarely happens. We will analyze the root cause and fix in future firmware updates.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The post in 10# is from our engineer, please check it, thanks.
2018-3-16
Use props
Lars L.
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-16 02:59
The post in 10# is from our engineer, please check it, thanks.

Alright, thank you for the informations.
2018-3-16
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12123 ft
  • >>>
United States

This just happened to me. Latest firmware update on the x7 16mm lens. Just did the “battery” update. DJI Inspire 2 Zenmuse x7 DJI 16mm lens is on the current firmware v01.02.0300.

Shot over 600 raw images for a commercial client on six different memory cards. I found 30 currupt images that all had a strange green-ish color flaw. The green color flaw is on 30 raw images. None of the raw images exhibited this green color flaw on the app on the iPad while I was capturing on the live screen. I used 6 different microSD cards and the issue/flaw occurred across randomly on all of the cards. I have notified DJI about the issue.

I have also used the X5s camera on this drone. (Please note the forum for some reason is uploading my phone images upside down.)
5DA3326B-ECAA-43A1-A50A-7B32DEA8D062.jpeg
BCF01869-B54A-4488-8B45-FBAAB52B0CA7.jpeg
2018-11-23
Use props
ElectricLife Atellani
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

fansda8daea2 Posted at 11-23 14:36
This just happened to me. Latest firmware update on the x7 16mm lens. Just did the battery update. I’ll upload later.

Same for me, just a few pictures (X7 .300 fw). Not a big issue, but odd.
2018-11-24
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I just had it happen again yesterday. Almost the entire set of images are ruined. I contacted DJI support and they want me to send the camera in for service. 6-8 weeks. Someone else told me it’s the data cable that’s come loose or is damaged that runs from the vibration isolator board to flight controller. Hard to believe because this Inspire 2 has only had about 12 flights. Never had a crash.

Still on the latest firmware. Downgraded and reloaded it per support instructions.
Btw, the person who mentioned the damaged or loose cable also said it’s “well documented” design flaw. I’m sure they got no reason to make that up but I’m kind of surprised there are not more cases online and published in the forums and fb groups.

2018-12-8
Use props
Lars Lehmann
lvl.1
Germany

To this date, I never experienced that issue again.
2018-12-8
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Lars Lehmann Posted at 12-8 06:41
To this date, I never experienced that issue again.

I thought I was ok too, like it just needed a firmware downgrade process. After that first error, I did all the steps support said. And then I shot on Tuesday over 300 more images and not a single one had an issue. Figured I’m all set. Then yesterday, using the same SD card from Tuesday I had this whole batch ruined (pictured). So, I know it’s not the card. This Inspire has never even been flown hard. Sure it could be a loose cable from manufacturing, but I doubt it’s damaged. Btw I also shot another set of images shortly after this set pictured above and non of them had any errors whatsoever. So it’s hard to know who to trust. Send the whole Inspire to dji for service 6-8 weeks or a repair facility who said it’s a one day repair and well documented design flaw.
2018-12-8
Use props
fansda8daea2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

One more note, upon further testing I can now detect while snapping photos the image on the screen slight flickers for a nano second. Almost a pink flash or white flash on the photo image. I’ve also noticed in some other corrupted files that appear images are combined from other images, like 1/4 is from one image and 3/4 is part of the frame from another image. This is in addition to the “green” color shift.

I guess DJI support is busy with the Osmo Pocket these days.
43CB13F1-2438-418D-BDDF-8436ABD31BA7.jpeg
2018-12-8
Use props
PHTOM
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

fansda8daea2 Posted at 12-8 10:22
One more note, upon further testing I can now detect while snapping photos the image on the screen slight flickers for a nano second. Almost a pink flash or white flash on the photo image. I’ve also noticed in some other corrupted files that appear images are combined from other images, like 1/4 is from one image and 3/4 is part of the frame from another image. This is in addition to the “green” color shift.

I guess DJI support is busy with the Osmo Pocket these days.

Hi,
I have the same problem!!
and I didn't find the solution.

Do you have any news?

Thank you
2018-12-18
Use props
fansac530978
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210417 ft
United Kingdom

PHTOM Posted at 2018-12-18 06:22
Hi,
I have the same problem!!
and I didn't find the solution.

I have just come back from a pro shoot and voila, a whole bunch of green images on both raw and jpg, about 30% of the shots I took have this problem. I need a fix for this urgently, come on DJI.
2019-2-11
Use props
Inspiremeraw88
lvl.1
United States

I'm editing images from a Real Estate job earlier today and have about 10 of 50 images ruined with green cast. Is there a solution?
This is very disturbing and now do not trust my $10,000 drone!
2019-2-12
Use props
BXtreme3D
lvl.1
Namibia

Greetings all. Have exactly the same issues and do not have 6-8weeks. Has there been any fix for this issue. Soooooo disappointed in X7 again....
Sad part is this is a replaced X7 already since first one had mechanical issues out of the box

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 9.27.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 9.28.13 AM.png
2019-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules