Litchi waypoints question
843 6 2018-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

1. In a long distance waypoint mission where the radio feed can cut, if the aircraft gps count gets too low, will it continue doing the mission even if gps gets too low? Can it continue just by the maps memory?

2. In a windy condition waypoint mission, since automation only flies at 20 mph, if the headwind exceeds or slows down automation speed, will the aircraft use more power to maintain 20mph? Will the aircraft try it's best to lock on set course?

3. If it goes way off course from the set waypoints because of a gust, will it go back to the mission route and continue or will it return home?
2018-2-26
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very good questions, I don’t know the answers because I don’t use waypoints when it’s windy, I think that it will try to return home and not make it landing at a random location, possibly destroying your bird..
2018-2-27
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-2-27 04:24
Very good questions, I don’t know the answers because I don’t use waypoints when it’s windy, I think that it will try to return home and not make it landing at a random location, possibly destroying your bird..

I just searched and it wont enggage RTH with no gps or gps too low.. but will RTH keep going home when ac looses GPS during RTH?
2018-2-27
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg Posted at 2018-2-27 05:07
I just searched and it wont enggage RTH with no gps or gps too low.. but will RTH keep going home when ac looses GPS during RTH?

No - you have no postitionig Data. Where should the craft fly to? If the GPS sat count is to low or no sats can be locked at all, the craft switches to ATTI mode. Therefore you must take over manually and fly your craft home and land.
2018-2-27
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hence the need to keep LOS at all times
2018-2-28
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

Keule Posted at 2018-2-27 09:22
No - you have no postitionig Data. Where should the craft fly to? If the GPS sat count is to low or no sats can be locked at all, the craft switches to ATTI mode. Therefore you must take over manually and fly your craft home and land.

What about wind speeds, I have tested the inspire 1 RTH at 40 to 50 mph winds and it used more power  to fight the wind to go home successfully despite the standard RTH speed being slow.
If litchi waypoint speed is 33 mph which is the max standard setting, will it fight winds to maintain 33 mph using up to full throttle to fight strong winds like it does on RTH?
2018-3-1
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.3

Philippines

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-28 20:06
Hence the need to keep LOS at all times

What about wind speeds, I have tested the inspire 1 RTH at 40 to 50 mph winds and it used more power  to fight the wind to go home successfully despite the standard RTH speed being slow.
If litchi waypoint speed is 33 mph which is the max standard setting, will it fight winds to maintain 33 mph using up to full throttle to fight strong winds like it does on RTH?
2018-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules