Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Active track - Rule of thirds
990 3 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcustuck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 147146 ft
Panama

Hi DJI,

Just an idea for a slight improvement to active tracking.  I understand holding the tracked object in the centre of the screen allows for the best tracking.  However it does not make for the best video.

Would it be possible to have an option to select tracking an object in the centre or lower left (1/3 up screen and 1/3 in from the edge) or lower right corners instead. These corner tracking positions may not be able to handle rapidly moving targets but would give great video composition for slower targets.
2018-2-27
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Great suggestion. However, if you record in 4K, an edit in post to 1080p (it is what I used to do) you can scale the recording lossless and apply the rule of third.
2018-2-27
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 147146 ft
Panama

chiplifter Posted at 2018-2-27 00:37
Great suggestion. However, if you record in 4K, an edit in post to 1080p (it is what I used to do) you can scale the recording lossless and apply the rule of third.

I have done this but given the minimum altitude and maximum range for tracking you often end up with very little horizon behind the subject as the camera is looking down.  This option would rase the camera angle which would help a lot.
2018-2-27
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Marcustuck Posted at 2018-2-27 04:12
I have done this but given the minimum altitude and maximum range for tracking you often end up with very little horizon behind the subject as the camera is looking down.  This option would rase the camera angle which would help a lot.

Oh yes, you are right. I did not think of that. Better leave it as suggestion to the engineers of DJI.
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules