1174 6 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ugashik Bob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11150600 ft
  • >>>
United States

With offline map cache enabled and wifi active my map is cached and works fine for one power cycle of the ios device. Is there a way to cache the map so it can be used multiple times?
2018-2-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That has been the million dollar question for months. DJI Just keep avoiding the issue for some reason. Right Pain
2018-2-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No definitive answer so I just turn off WiFi and switch on cellular and it caches the map in hybrid on every flight and uses hardly any data. I use DND to prevent calls/texts coming in and never had an issue with range/latency/glitches etc. on my MPP and P4P.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, basically, for iOS device, if you had cached the map, it should be able to use all the time unless you clear the cache or reinstall the app. Also, you can try to cache the map when you have WiFi resource. This is the route: enable "Cache Map in the Background", navigate the map to the destination you would go, when the names show, the cache finished. You can shut down the internet and check the map again.
2018-2-28
Use props
Ugashik Bob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11150600 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thor:
The process you detail works fine but it seems the life of the cached map is governed by how long whatever app is being used to cache the map is active.   It also seems you loose your cached map if whatever IOS device you are using is powered down/up. Google maps for example used to allow you to download maps that were accessible off line for a reasonable period of time regardless of how many times you rolled the app or the device.  With current levels of DJI Go 4, IOS and Mavic firmware what IOS app is being used to cache maps and what can we do to make the cached map available after one cycle of that app or the IOS device?  
2018-2-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-28 00:34
Hi there, basically, for iOS device, if you had cached the map, it should be able to use all the time unless you clear the cache or reinstall the app. Also, you can try to cache the map when you have WiFi resource. This is the route: enable "Cache Map in the Background", navigate the map to the destination you would go, when the names show, the cache finished. You can shut down the internet and check the map again.

I am afraid that does not work. This system has a mind of its own and the map goes. DJI need to accept that this does not work and allow the offline map feature to work properly rather than all this cacheing nonsense. Which believe me does not work

Dennis
2018-2-28
Use props
drone_user
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473743 ft
United States

what does he mean by  " when the names show, the cache finished"  what name?
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules