Issue linking Mavic Air RC with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
4374 9 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Audigy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30935 ft
Australia

Hi there, recently purchased the Mavic Air and have not been able to take it for a spin yet because I'm having issues linking the RC with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge).

Once the phone is connected to the RC via the cable, I turn the RC and and turn the unit on. I fire up the 'DJI GO 4' app and this is when the problem happens. It seems like the phone keeps connecting and disconnecting and repeat. The phone signals that the plug is plugged in and then signals that the plug is unplugged then it signals that the plug is plugged in....and repeat. I've tried connecting the RC to the phone using a different cable via the USB connector on the bottom of the RC and same problem. I've even tried it with a 3rd cable and still same problem.

I'm wondering whether anyone has come across this issue before? And if so, how did you resolve it? I'm hoping it's not the port on my phone...
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, may I know the firmware version of your drone and RC? You can try to refresh the latest firmware via the DJI Assistant2. If it doesn't help, do you have another mobile device to try? Please try another device which is on the support, if the issue doesn't appear on the different device, it might be the issue of your mobile device; otherwise, it might be the issue of the RC, in this case, it would be nice if you could provide me with the video of this case as well as the screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings--About). Thank you. devide support list.png
2018-2-27
Use props
Audigy
lvl.1
Australia

Can you provide me the link to download Assistant 2? I tried to download and install it but there were stages of the installation that looked suspecious so I aborted the install. Wasn't sure if I was installing the official version of not.

I have tried on 2 other Android devices and have problems connecting as well. It won't pass the 4th screen on the app.
2018-2-27
Use props
Audigy
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-27 23:21
Hi there, may I know the firmware version of your drone and RC? You can try to refresh the latest firmware via the DJI Assistant2. If it doesn't help, do you have another mobile device to try? Please try another device which is on the support, if the issue doesn't appear on the different device, it might be the issue of your mobile device; otherwise, it might be the issue of the RC, in this case, it would be nice if you could provide me with the video of this case as well as the screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings--About). Thank you.[view_image]

Hi there, I've updated the drone to v01.00.0200.

I'm not able to check what version the RC is though as when I plug it into the PC, the Assistant 2 software doesn't detect it.
2018-2-28
Use props
djiuser_4QPtyEUjABi1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200 ft
Switzerland

Hi there, I also have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge and i also have troubles connecting my mavic air with the RC through Wirred connection! I updated both on the drone and RC the latest firmware version, tried to buy a new cable to connect, enabled the USB debugging on the phone! still after all that, nothing happens, i'm stuck on step 3 when trying to connect via wirred connection! Please HELP
2018-2-28
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft
Netherlands

I had trouble the first time. Could only use the s7. Went home charged everything up. Then it asked to upgrade again. This time I noticed the drone props give a twinge. Never noticed first time. Anyway all works fine  now.
2018-2-28
Use props
Audigy
lvl.1
Australia

I'm having the exact same problem as the user above. I have since updated the firmware on the drone but Assistant 2 won't pick up on the RC when I connect it so have not been able to update the firmware on that. Was hoping that would fix it, but not so hopeful now after reading the comments above. I too have enabled USB debugging and tried multiple cables. Nothing. HEELLLPPP!
2018-2-28
Use props
Audigy
lvl.1
Australia

Audigy Posted at 2018-2-28 05:40
Hi there, I've updated the drone to v01.00.0200.

I'm not able to check what version the RC is though as when I plug it into the PC, the Assistant 2 software doesn't detect it.

So Assistant 2 won't detect the RC. These are the errors I see in 'Device Manager' when I plug the RC into my PC.

2018-3-1
Use props
Audigy
lvl.1
Australia

So after 3 days of troubleshooting and a whole lot of Googling, I've finally resolved my issue. Through my investigations, it would seem that there isn't one solution that will fix the problem for everyone but I will detail what I did (or what I think I've done) that lead me to the problem being resolved.

1. Turn on RC.
2. Plug phone to RC and start the 'DJI Go 4' app.
3. Updated firmware on RC via 'DJI Go 4' app
- Issues starts to happen before first flight -
4. Unplug phone from RC.
5. Turn RC off.
6. Downloaded and installed 'DJI Assistant 2 - version 1.2.2'
7. Updated firmware on AC via 'DJI Assistant 2'
8. Turned on RC. Wait for the red light to stop flashing.
9. Turn on AC.
10. Held the rear button for a few seconds until it started beeping.
11. On the RC, held down 'Flight Pause', 'Function' and 'Customisable Button'.
12. RC will start beeping but eventually it will link with the AC. You will know this is successful when the LED light on the RC is now green rather than red.
13. Plug the phone into the RC.
- You may experience the issue with the phone not linking with the RC. I did. Ignore the problem for now -
14. Restart the phone while it's plugged into the RC.
15. When phone turns on, open the 'DJI Go 4' app.
16. The 'DJI Go 4' app will now link the phone and the RC together and the problem will be fixed.

I was now able to fly the AC with the RC while having the phone and 'DJI Go 4' app working at the same time. In 3 days of troubleshooting, the one thing I tried that seemed to have fixed it was restarting the phone while it was plugged into the RC after the RC was linked to the AC. I then turned everything off and turned everything on again to test that the issue was fixed and it was.....no more problem! Everything linked up seamlessly!

Now I'm hoping very, very much that these steps leads to other people having the same issue resolved.
2018-3-1
Use props
Mr.Jerome Jose
New

Ireland

My samsung s7 is not linking or working in my mavic air??? iphone 7+ is working well. whats the issue with the android?
2019-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules