913 7 2018-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
X-Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6519 ft
Belgium

Hi,

I recently got a Spark but there was no charger with it, so I'm stuck charging it through the USB cable. In the meanwhile, I have a couple more batteries and charging it this way is no option anymore.

I'm wondering if the Portable Power Pack charges as fast as the regular charger. Having the extra internal battery I nice I guess, so for the extra $'s, I might go for that one. I just want to make sure it's not a step back from the regular charger.

Thanks!
2018-2-27
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
United States

the Portable Charging Station will be a bit slower. First, it will charge the batteries one by one. It will start with the drone (if it is placed). When fully charged it will start charging another battery - the one having a higher voltage. After finishing this one will switch the last one.
2018-2-27
Use props
X-Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6519 ft
Belgium

dj_dread Posted at 2018-2-27 07:41
the Portable Charging Station will be a bit slower. First, it will charge the batteries one by one. It will start with the drone (if it is placed). When fully charged it will start charging another battery - the one having a higher voltage. After finishing this one will switch the last one.

Does the traditional charger also have this approach, or does it charge all the batteries at the same rate?

The specs state that it takes 2.5hrs to charge 3 batteries from its internal battery bank. How long does the traditional charger take to charge 3 empty batteries?
2018-2-27
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

the regular charger can charge all three batteries at once. it would take around 40-50 minutes to charge all of them. at once.
2018-2-27
Use props
djiuser_mxp7X0b70XrQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5272 ft
United Kingdom

X-Drone Posted at 2018-2-27 10:30
Does the traditional charger also have this approach, or does it charge all the batteries at the same rate?

The specs state that it takes 2.5hrs to charge 3 batteries from its internal battery bank. How long does the traditional charger take to charge 3 empty batteries?

I've got the flymore, and I've just ordered the portable charger so will tell you. Actually I probably won't get around to it so I'll go out on a limb and suggest you go with go with the portable
2018-3-1
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are considering the Portable Spark Charger DJI sells on their website then that is in my opinion a good choice. It all depends on how many batteries you have?
2018-3-1
Use props
RobertWSimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

I would absolutely get the portable one.  the charger is $60 and the only advantage is that it will charge 3 batteries at once.  For $30 more, you will only be able to charge 1 at a time, BUT you can take the charger on the go with you and have enough juice to recharge a battery 3 times!  In my mind, this is no contest.
2018-3-1
Use props
dji TO88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Power banks can push anywhere from 1-2.5 amps, I'm sure the charger that comes with the Flymore combo can charge higher current than that when I have a chance I'll test this and post it here.
2018-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules